Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Colts2180 View Post
    Teague is HUGE upgrade man. Hill is garbage and not a real pg. Teague is a true pg and much better passer. Love the trade. Now we can focus on SG and PF/C upgrades. Got 3 positions lined out. I really Like Baldwin in this draft. He was more of a possibility b4 this trade but he could play some 2. Murray sounds pretty good now with out setup along with the aforementioned Maker.
    i don't think teague is bad, but not a home run, He was the second best pg on the hawks. Maybe they knew Conley wouldn't come to Indy. Suprised they at least didn't wait to see.

Need to do something bigger.

I'd certainly look at Dwight Howard even though he is a bit of a question mark.

Would be nice front line

Quote Originally Posted by buck4493 View Post
    i don't think teague is bad, but not a home run, He was the second best pg on the hawks. Maybe they knew Conley wouldn't come to Indy. Suprised they at least didn't wait to see.

Need to do something bigger.

I'd certainly look at Dwight Howard even though he is a bit of a question mark.

Would be nice front line
    I agree and disagree with you for different reasons. Hill is NOT garbage. Hill is a good player and can be great at times. His perimeter defense is elite, and his 3 point efficiency is fantastic. This is where i agree with you and disagree strongly with Colts.

However, where i disagree, is that you seem to think this is a lateral move. We had two players that, for better or worse, could not coexist. Ellis and Hill. They both play the same position naturally. Hill struggled to run the team and get teammates the ball at times. He is quiet and his demeanor isnt really suited to be a floor general. He is also better off the ball, and not aggressive enough to penetrate and dish on a consistent basis. He basically just passed it off to PG or ran the pick and roll in the half court. He is a good finisher with a head of steam, but it didnt happen often enough to really make a diffrence.

Teague is a PG. He was a PG in the NCAA and has been one, and a very good one at times, in the NBA. He knows how to run an offense and had the 5th most drives to the hoop this past season. He is more much more aggresive than Hill, who was over 100th place in drives to the hoop last season. He is a more natural passer and has greater passing vision. Over the past 3 years he has averaged 16 and 6. Last year he played the entire year with damaged cartilage in his patellar tendon. He didnt need surgery, but had to completely come off of it after the season ended. He is a considerable upgrade at the PG position.

In a perfect world we would have unloaded Ellis and slid Hill over to SG where he would thrive, but then we wouldnt have been able to swing a deal for a pretty big upgrade at PG.

so now we need to look forward to who else can be added. I think we take a shot at durant becuase everyone should take a shot at him before looking elsewhere, hes too good, and on the slim chance he joins, you are immediately a finals contender. If that doesnt work out we need to look at Chandler Parson, Harrison Barnes and Al horford.
    All Hail King Goerge, "The Traitorous King"

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

also i wanted to add, i dont think Conley was ever coming here. He wants to play in Texas and recently made that apparent having SA and Dallas on his short list.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

I will cry if they give Harrison Barnes big money. Guy isn't worth it

Horford would be solid.

I will cry if they give Harrison Barnes big money. Guy isn't worth it

Horford would be solid.
    Well Horford would probably be a max guy, Barnes and Parsons would not. Parsons had a down year and Barnes had a bad playoff run. However, all the guys listed are capable of stretching the floor from the 4 position, which is ultimately the Pacers goal, to have 5 players on the court capable of stretching the floor and knocking down the outside shot.

I would go after Horford first, but he would be the most expensive and he has the worst 3 pt % of the 3.

Barnes would be my second option because he plays defense. Thats the biggest reason. His defense is just superior to a guy like parsons.

However, there are other options. I just made a list of guys that make sense in the play style Bird is going for. I think the draft is an important piece to the upcoming seasons roster puzzle. Im waiting to see what happens there.

Then give Horford the max. Barnes will get the max or very close to it. Many teams are desperate.

Id have no problem with pacers giving Horford max deal.

Love the thaddeus pick up

Love the thaddeus pick up
    Its interesting, it will be 12 mil against the cap, so now we are out of max money. That Horford idea is out unless they trade monte, or miles or someone else making more than they are worth. As it stands right now we would have 18 mil or so if none of our free agents return.

take 2.4 million off the total above, he has a 15% trade kicker i forgot about.

Bird can get creative. Young was an excellent pick up.

Wonder how much Ryan Anderson will get, would be nice 6th man.

Brooklyn pays the trade bonus portion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12