Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    3 names-Reddick, Wieters, and Prado. Let's win a wild card.

Reddick is not a feature player and will be 30 when he is a FA. I can see adding him at the right price, but not as a piece to build around for the next 5-8 years. He simply isn't a top tier player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    That's exactly the issue, since he's unproven and hasn't play outside of Cuba and 62 games in Japan he could be anything, that won't be a big issue if he was 20 something but at 32 he needs to produce right away and that's a risk I don't think the Braves should/will take.
    And that is why the Braves trust there scouting and not us fans!

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    And that is why the Braves trust there scouting and not us fans!
    Sure, we are just here to discuss ideas.

Sure, or he can also be sunk cost like Yasmani Tomas, Hector Olivera, Rusney Castillo an others. The risk is not worth it when you aren't close to contention.
    True, he could suck. But man, only striking out 5 times in 200 something at bats is insane. His numbers just seem too off the charts to be a bust.

Tomas isn't bad. I would GLADLY take him right now.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by SunKhan13 View Post
    True, he could suck. But man, only striking out 5 times in 200 something at bats is insane. His numbers just seem too off the charts to be a bust.
    Yes, and I saw him playing in the Caribbean Series early this year and even though it was just a couple of games I was impressed. I don't doubt he can be a good player in the majors, I just don't think is the right time. Teams like the Mets, Angels, Yankees and others will outbid us because they need him more than we do. If we were talking about an 18 year old Yulieski Gourriel my opinion would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Tomas isn't bad. I would GLADLY take him right now.
    Really? .260/.313/.425 -0.1 fWAR with no real position on defense and is owed more than 65M for the next 5 seasons.

He wasn't better last year either .273/.305/.401 -1.3 fWAR

He's an average hitter with terrible defense, who is owed a ton of cash. No thanks.

Yes, and I saw him playing in the Caribbean Series early this year and even though it was just a couple of games I was impressed. I don't doubt he can be a good player in the majors, I just don't think is the right time. Teams like the Mets, Angels, Yankees and others will outbid us because they need him more than we do. If we were talking about an 18 year old Yulieski Gourriel my opinion would be different.
    Is his brother anything like him, or different skill set?

Quote Originally Posted by SunKhan13 View Post
    Is his brother anything like him, or different skill set?
    His brother is young, is obviously not the same kind of talent of Yulieski but should be a decent prospect. He makes more sense for the Braves but I don't think the Braves should be paying a big amount of cash on him. He's not great, at least from what I saw and read.

I read on MLBTR there have been some rumors about the Cubs trading Schwarber, although it's very unlikely. Any chance we could pry him away with a Teheran package?

Braves Trade Discussion and Rumors

The Red Sox DFA'd Rusney Castillo. I wonder if they would trade him for Olivera straight up? They would save some money and we'd have someone that can play the field at least and his bat may eventually come around.

3x WWEWHC / 2015 Royal Rumble Match Winner / 1X WWE Tag Team Champion / 2014 WWE Superstar of The Year

We should go after him for sure especially with Mallex out for who knows how long now.
    ]

His contract is loads bigger than Olivera's.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    We should go after him for sure especially with Mallex out for who knows how long now.
    uh no, you don't make a multi year commitment on a injury that will keep a guy out a couple weeks. That's just stupid.

Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast