Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1057
    Random note here but the Angels infield now consists of 3 former Braves. Simmons, Escobar and now Phillips. Simmons and Phillips makes for a nice double play combo up the middle.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Random note here but the Angels infield now consists of 3 former Braves. Simmons, Escobar and now Phillips. Simmons and Phillips makes for a nice double play combo up the middle.
    Now that you mention it, Simmons has been the second best SS in baseball this year according to fWAR. Ouch.

Can someone pull Swanson's post demotion splits

Quote Originally Posted by noraj9 View Post
    Can someone pull Swanson's post demotion splits
    .329/.429/.447 .378 wOBA 133 wRC+ 15.4 BB% 14.3 K% .391 BABIP

Those numbers doesn't include today's game. So they're even better.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    .329/.429/.447 .378 wOBA 133 wRC+ 15.4 BB% 14.3 K% .391 BABIP

Those numbers doesn't include today's game. So they're even better.
    Yes he has been exceptional since his return!👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

That's awesome. I've not caught many games since his return, just been box score surfing. Is it just mind set or change of approach? I've noticed his walks seem to have made a jump.
    Last edited by noraj9; 09-03-2017 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noraj9 View Post
    That's awesome. I've not caught many games since his return, just been box score surfing. Is it just mind set or change of approach? I've noticed his walks seem to have made a jump.
    His approach is night an day of what it was early this season, even when he makes an out he goes to deep counts, he's being a lot more patient with sliders and I've seen better bat speed on inside pitches. I don't see a weak spot right now, he's locked in. That BABIP scream regression though, so it's hard for him to keep being this hot, but I'm seeing an above average hitter right now.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    His approach is night an day of what it was early this season, even when he makes an out he goes to deep counts, he's being a lot more patient with sliders and I've seen better bat speed on inside pitches. I don't see a weak spot right now, he's locked in. That BABIP scream regression though, so it's hard for him to keep being this hot, but I'm seeing an above average hitter right now.
    The BABIP could be his making up for how bad it was earlier in the year and now it's getting back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    The BABIP could be his making up for how bad it was earlier in the year and now it's getting back to normal
    Yep, that may be the case.

That's great to hear, thanks for the insight.

There has been a lot of talk about our outfield for next year. What if we packaged Teheran with Kemp. I could see the Blue Jays biting.

Wow...... over on Jason Martinez chat it's reported that Keith Laws said the Braves might consider trading Ender. He did note the price would be very high!

What could we get for him with that very reasonable contract, above avg bat, and GG defense?

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Wow...... over on Jason Martinez chat it's reported that Keith Laws said the Braves might consider trading Ender. He did note the price would be very high!

What could we get for him with that very reasonable contract, above avg bat, and GG defense?
    I saw that but it was his opinion, not a report. Keith Law was asked during his weekly Q&A by a fan if the Braves would move Acuna or Inciarte to RF when Acuna is called up. His response was that he would trade Inciarte because he becomes a surplus when Acuna arrives. I don't think it makes sense to trade him.

Kyle Glaser of Baseball America was asked about Law's opinion and this was his response:

That is not an opinion shared by the individuals I spoke with both inside and outside the organization as the wisest course of action. You fit Ronald Acuna onto the 2018 roster in right field. An Inciarte-Acuna duo in center and right is a much better option than an Acuna-Markakis duo.
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...utjsVY5Bpkk.97
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 09-21-2017 at 04:14 PM.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I saw that but it was his opinion, not a report. Keith Law was asked during his weekly Q&A by a fan if the Braves would move Acuna or Inciarte to RF when Acuna is called up. His response was that he would trade Inciarte because he becomes a surplus when Acuna arrives. I don't think it makes sense to trade him.

Kyle Glaser of Baseball America was asked about Law's opinion and this was his response:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...utjsVY5Bpkk.97
    Got ya, thanks. That's what I get for expecting accurate information on a chat.

As for me..... can't say I wouldn't consider it, but I'd be looking for a Chris Sale like return. So I doubt other teams would be willing to meet my asking price.

No way I trade Inciarte. An outfield of Kemp--Inciarte-Acuna outfield is really attractive IMO