Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1043
    Brandon Phillips was scratched from the lineup. Trade coming?
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Sounds like if Phillips agrees, he will be heading to the Angels.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

Onley tweeted Braves and Angels are working to finalize the details of the Phillips trade. I assume that means he is accepting the deal?
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

I dont see us spending 350 mil on anyone. Heck we wont go over what we are paying for Freddie.

Braves Trade Discussion and Rumors

Just got the ESPN alert, looks like Phillips will be headed to the Angels.
    Last edited by NBA_Starter; 08-31-2017 at 10:14 PM.

3x WWEWHC / 2015 Royal Rumble Match Winner / 1X WWE Tag Team Champion / 2014 WWE Superstar of The Year

Braves Trade Discussion and Rumors

I can't imagine we get much in return but let's see. I guess he played at home in front of friends and family enough to please him for one lifetime.
    Last edited by NBA_Starter; 08-31-2017 at 10:23 PM.

3x WWEWHC / 2015 Royal Rumble Match Winner / 1X WWE Tag Team Champion / 2014 WWE Superstar of The Year

Braves are getting Tony Sanchez from the Angels. He's a catcher. MLB doesn't have him listed in their top 30.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

Coppy said the Angels called him today about Phillips. He wasn't making calls on him. He also said the Braves will strongly consider resigning him in the off season. Probably just Coppy talking but who knows.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

Verlander to the Astros for Franklin Perez, Dax Cameron, and Jake Rogers. Impressive return for the Tigers.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Man I don't know, in the scenario that the Braves are willing to take that contract (295MM for 10 years, assuming he doesn't opt out) why not throw that money to Machado, who is younger, more consistent and play a more premium position? Machado's deal will probably be higher than 295MM, but the Marlins aren't giving Stanton away for nothing in return, they will want at least 1 top 100 prospect.

If Machado signs for 10 years (with an opt-out) and 350MM, it's a better deal IMO.
    You've got his injury history too which is concerning for sure. If it only took 1 top 100 prospect I would do it for sure.Heck I would send another top guy if they took Kemp or Marky back.

Even though we're losing almost every game right now, what we're seeing from Swanson and Albies is exciting, they are the center piece of the rebuilding, along with Acuna, obviously almost everybody was concerned about Swanson after the terrible year he had, but after the called up he's been truly great.

The pitching is a different story though, I think we'll be lucky if we can get a mid rotation starter out of these group (Newcomb, Folty, Sims, Wisler, Blair) which is tough, none of them have good command, they all have good stuff, which is tricky because they will look good once in a while and make you think that they might be special, but they really aren't. All of them are major leaguers though, so they will be depth or relievers, I don't want to sound pessimistic but that's what I'm seeing.

The next group (Gohara, Allard, Soroka, Wright) is where the FO is betting on, they are more athletic and have better command, let's hope we can get at least two starters out of this group because even though pitching is the strenght of this farm system, the results aren't there so far.

Even though we're losing almost every game right now, what we're seeing from Swanson and Albies is exciting, they are the center piece of the rebuilding, along with Acuna, obviously almost everybody was concerned about Swanson after the terrible year he had, but after the called up he's been truly great.

The pitching is a different story though, I think we'll be lucky if we can get a mid rotation starter out of these group (Newcomb, Folty, Sims, Wisler, Blair) which is tough, none of them have good command, they all have good stuff, which is tricky because they will look good once in a while and make you think that they might be special, but they really aren't. All of them are major leaguers though, so they will be depth or relievers, I don't want to sound pessimistic but that's what I'm seeing.

The next group (Gohara, Allard, Soroka, Wright) is where the FO is betting on, they are more athletic and have better command, let's hope we can get at least two starters out of this group because even though pitching is the strenght of this farm system, the results aren't there so far.
    I agree that Albies and Swanson have been exceptional as of late and are BIG KEYS to the rebuild. I think Acuna has become possibly the BIGGEST KEY, but I don't think he started the year that way in the minds of many ( although they won't admit it). I myself admitt I was late to the party, but I am a huge fan of Acuna now! So huge I think he can wind up being somewhere between Trout and Jones!

I'm not as down on Newcomb and Folty. Imho I think they can still be front of the rotation guys. Control has been an issue, but I do think they'll be able to improve on it.

Allard, big fan! Gohara, big fan! Wright is growing on me, due to some of the glowing reports and expectations on this very forum ( good job guys). I'm not that concerned about our pitching, as I think we will sign another front of the rotation guy this off season.

We have a few other guys who will at some point play a roll in the next two seasons on Pache, Jackson, Maitan, and Minter........ I like the way at we look going forward. One more to watch is Drew Waters. I like what he's done so far.

The Cubs are trying to help our draft position this weekend but other teams aren't helping us out much at all. I'm pretty confident we will finish with a Top 10 pick but it will be just our luck a Bryce Harper / Kris Bryant slugger will finally be available in the Top 5 in this draft and they will be just out of our reach.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I agree that Albies and Swanson have been exceptional as of late and are BIG KEYS to the rebuild. I think Acuna has become possibly the BIGGEST KEY, but I don't think he started the year that way in the minds of many ( although they won't admit it). I myself admitt I was late to the party, but I am a huge fan of Acuna now! So huge I think he can wind up being somewhere between Trout and Jones!

I'm not as down on Newcomb and Folty. Imho I think they can still be front of the rotation guys. Control has been an issue, but I do think they'll be able to improve on it.

Allard, big fan! Gohara, big fan! Wright is growing on me, due to some of the glowing reports and expectations on this very forum ( good job guys). I'm not that concerned about our pitching, as I think we will sign another front of the rotation guy this off season.

We have a few other guys who will at some point play a roll in the next two seasons on Pache, Jackson, Maitan, and Minter........ I like the way at we look going forward. One more to watch is Drew Waters. I like what he's done so far.
    I wish but I don't think It'll happen for Newcomb, he's just that kind of pitcher, there are a couple of pitchers that succeed being wild, Gio Gonzalez for example, Newcomb is a strikeout machine which is a good think, he has, in my opinion, the best chance to be an above average starter out of this group.

Folty is probably the most polarizing starter in the staff, he's showed he can be at least an above average starter in the league but his inconsistency kills every hope of him reaching his ceiling. If you see the big picture Folty's season is worst (so far) than his 2016 season. So, instead of going foward he kinda went backward in 2017.