Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 1,786 to 1,793 of 1793
    Yeah I can't imagine the hot start Castellanos has had would be worth trading assets to pick up given the major drop in defensive production. It would probably be different if you weren't benching two really good defenders in that scenario.

Yea he is off to a hot start, so your going to have to pay a prime price for him. He has a 2.5 WAR already this year, his previous years where 0.4, 0.5, 2.3, and 1.5 last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Not a terrible idea, but I would probably keep Albies in the 2 hole and have Acuna hit 5 with Moustakas batting cleanup behind Freddie. Otherwise I agree. The downside is that Markakis doesn't have much base stealing ability, so you're basically not going to get that at all from. But he gets on base so much and takes really good at bats it shouldn't matter too much
    Having Freeman and Moose hitting back to back could be a problem, Freeman is good against RHP or LHP but Moose is a really poor hitter against LHP. If we face an elite southpaw reliever like Hader in a late inning situation we're screwed. We don't have that problem now because Markakis doesn't have problems against them, that's why I want Albies in the middle. Acuña could theoretically separate them, but right now, he's not polished enough to be in such a demanding spot.

I don't worry about Kakis speed batting leadoff, he has 29 2B already so he will get at second base by himself plenty.

Apparently as it stands, Phillies are the favorites to land Machado, due to their willingness to include their #2 prospect Medina. He is ranked the 73rd overall prospect according to mlb.com. If you go by that, he would be the 8th best prospect in our system, and would be equivalent to us trading Fried for Machado. I’m sure it would take a couple lesser specs. But if that’s all it takes, sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Having Freeman and Moose hitting back to back could be a problem, Freeman is good against RHP or LHP but Moose is a really poor hitter against LHP. If we face an elite southpaw reliever like Hader in a late inning situation we're screwed. We don't have that problem now because Markakis doesn't have problems against them, that's why I want Albies in the middle. Acuña could theoretically separate them, but right now, he's not polished enough to be in such a demanding spot.

I don't worry about Kakis speed batting leadoff, he has 29 2B already so he will get at second base by himself plenty.
    Good point on Markakis!

I don't think batting Freeman and Moose back to back would be all that bad. They could always switch it up based on the pitcher they're facing anyway. I guess not against a reliever like you suggested, but I think with how Freddie hits lefties it won't be a problem. If I was to choose between Albies of Acuna hitting behind Freeman though I'd roll with Acuna, just because I really like Albies in the 2 hole, he seems to thrive there and gets plenty of ABs.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    Apparently as it stands, Phillies are the favorites to land Machado, due to their willingness to include their #2 prospect Medina. He is ranked the 73rd overall prospect according to mlb.com. If you go by that, he would be the 8th best prospect in our system, and would be equivalent to us trading Fried for Machado. I’m sure it would take a couple lesser specs. But if that’s all it takes, sign me up.
    Looks like Dodgers are now the favorites because they’re offering that Diaz kid, the outfielder who hit two bombs in the futures game.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Looks like Dodgers are now the favorites because they’re offering that Diaz kid, the outfielder who hit two bombs in the futures game.
    I saw that. He is ranked 84th overall according to MLB.com

Dodgers are trying to stay under the luxury, so I am guessing they get another decent spec with Diaz, like Alvarez for the Orioles to take back Forsythe
    Last edited by BraveWorld23; Today at 02:37 PM.

I'll actually be impressed if the O's can land a prospect like Yusniel Diaz. I was expecting them to get a disappointing return for Machado. Sounds like their doing a hell of a job working the Dodgers and Phillies against each other.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California