180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    I should have been more clear and said get my hopes up that heíll get moved. I wasnít specifically say to the blue jays, just in general.
    If the Blue Jays were the one who called to inquire I'm surprised we couldn't made a deal. If I'm AA all I need to know is who they would give up and how much money they want us to eat and it's a done deal. It was probably AA who made the call to see if the Blue Jays had any interest. Might as well call the people you know first to see.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida

#Faith

Johnson and $1.2M in international signing money to the Angels.

I wonder if this could be part od a bigger deal with the Angels. This is what I mean, what if we sent the money for the Angels to sign as many of the 12 players we lost as possible, then we trade for them in a Teheran deal.

Angels got money for Ohtani it seems, and we could not use it being we can only sign guys for less than 300k and everyone has already signed anyways. The guys we lost are all going to sign long before we can resign them.

Love that AA was able to move JJ's 4.5M thats big. Deal also shows we are not in the Ohtani race for sure (Never thought we where)

Yep the money was for Ohtani and personally, the Angels are one team Iíd be good with him going because we wonít have to face him and they arenít a playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Yep the money was for Ohtani and personally, the Angels are one team Iíd be good with him going because we wonít have to face him and they arenít a playoff team.
    Well with Ohtani and Trout to build around they could become a legit playoff team.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida

#Faith

Adams was nontendered as expected as 1B market is full of guys like him. Peterson and Santana also nontendered.

Hector Rondon was non-tendered by the Cubs, he's an interesting guy for our pen.

Now that Stanton is with the yankees Clint Frazier becomes a bit expendable, he won't start if everyone is healthy and won't even be a 4th OF option because Ellsbury is there. How about a trade for that kid using our surplus in pitching?

Frazier is coming off a down season at AAA and was bad in a short period in the majors but scouts still believe in his skills, he has power and should be a decent hitter. His stock is down so now is the time to grab him and see what his capable of doing. An OF of Frazier-Inciarte-Acuna looks really nice and exciting.

I'd be willing to offer Folty for him, he hasn't developed as expected and I'm just tired of his inconsistency, the Yankees could use him though, he can pencil right into that rotation and then become a piece out of the bullpen in the playoffs. Folty has 3 years left under control.

Folty for Frazier.

What you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Now that Stanton is with the yankees Clint Frazier becomes a bit expendable, he won't start if everyone is healthy and won't even be a 4th OF option because Ellsbury is there. How about a trade for that kid using our surplus in pitching?

Frazier is coming off a down season at AAA and was bad in a short period in the majors but scouts still believe in his skills, he has power and should be a decent hitter. His stock is down so now is the time to grab him and see what his capable of doing. An OF of Frazier-Inciarte-Acuna looks really nice and exciting.

I'd be willing to offer Folty for him, he hasn't developed as expected and I'm just tired of his inconsistency, the Yankees could use him though, he can pencil right into that rotation and then become a piece out of the bullpen in the playoffs. Folty has 3 years left under control.

Folty for Frazier.

What you guys think?
    I think thats an amazing idea. I would even throw in another mid level prospect to get it done.

Folty is a proven now veteran arm. He has glimpses of ace stuff, but even as a 3-4 he holds more value than a rookie outfielder who's value is at its lowest. What about Blair, Wisler, and a couple of single a arms?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck.mcmillan View Post
    Folty is a proven now veteran arm. He has glimpses of ace stuff, but even as a 3-4 he holds more value than a rookie outfielder who's value is at its lowest. What about Blair, Wisler, and a couple of single a arms?
    He's been more of a 4-5 starter, I agree he's shown glimpses, but it's just that, he's show it for three straight years and his overall production is still below average. Blair and Wisler have absolutely no value right now. Frazier value is at its lowest and that's the only reason why this propose deal looks fair, will be trading 3 years of Folty for 6 years of Frazier, if he pans out, amazing, if he's a bust then is not that big of a lost. If our pitching prospects keep developing as we hope there's no place for Folty anyway.

Sounds like the Yankees are asking for a starter and 2 prospects for Frazier (which is insane). They are also looking to deal Headley and Elsbury, sign Todd Frazier on the cheap for 3B and stay under the luxury. I would take Headley off their hands to man 3rd for 1 year until Riley is ready, and lessen the return going back to the Yankees. Folty for Headley and Clint Frazier

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    Sounds like the Yankees are asking for a starter and 2 prospects for Frazier (which is insane). They are also looking to deal Headley and Elsbury, sign Todd Frazier on the cheap for 3B and stay under the luxury. I would take Headley off their hands to man 3rd for 1 year until Riley is ready, and lessen the return going back to the Yankees. Folty for Headley and Clint Frazier

Sounds good to me, you have to kick in a decent prospect though, Headley has some value.
    Last edited by beldugo; Yesterday at 12:41 PM.

Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast