Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    They may go 6 man rotation to preserve the arms. I'd probably go all in on Darvish, who is a big advocate of 6 man rotation, if I was them at this point.

Padres sound ready to lock up Hosmer for 7 years. I feel like that's a terrible mistake.

Bruce back to the Mets for 3/39

Cain and Yelich to the Brewers for 5/90 (Cain) and 4 specs (Yelich). They get a starter and that NL Central could be a dogfight.

Yikes, the Brewers aren't messing around. Two gold glove outfielders who can hit. That lineup is looking pretty legit. If they trade Santana (for some reason) instead of Braun, they have something like:

Cain
    Yelich
    Braun
    Thames
    Shaw
    Arcia
    Pina
    Villar

I would have to think they arenít done now either.

A completely different note, Vladdy wearing a Halos cap is a ****ing disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure he's especially fond of his glory days playing to an empty Olympic Stadium. Or maybe for the fans in Puerto Rico? I totally understand why he isn't wearing an Expos cap. They had no fans!

Not to mention when they sold off all their talent young and old (Walker, Pedro etc) but decided to keep him around. The Expos were a horribly run franchise and he got the brunt of it.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 01-26-2018 at 07:19 AM.

I also hate the Brewers now. If our entire off-season consisted of Yelich and Cain I would've been ecstatic.

I will say this though, I'm happy we didn't give up Vladdy. I'm normally all for trading specs for proven talent but I've bought into the Vladdy hype.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure he's especially fond of his glory days playing to an empty Olympic Stadium. Or maybe for the fans in Puerto Rico? I totally understand why he isn't wearing an Expos cap. They had no fans!

Not to mention when they sold off all their talent young and old (Walker, Pedro etc) but decided to keep him around. The Expos were a horribly run franchise and he got the brunt of it.
    Iím just going by his most productive years/most years spent in one city were all in Montreal.

Iím just going by his most productive years/most years spent in one city were all in Montreal.
    Granted but still, nobody gave a **** about the Expos for his entire tenure there start to finish. Did they even finish .500 once while he was there?

At the end of the day it's all about how he wants to be remembered. It's either as the cornerstone of the shittiest franchise in the 90's who sold off everything but him or as the MVP on a perrenial playoff contender. It's no contest in my books if you throw away the Canadian bias.

Esteban Loaiza caught with over 40 lbs of either coke or heroin.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I also hate the Brewers now. If our entire off-season consisted of Yelich and Cain I would've been ecstatic.

I will say this though, I'm happy we didn't give up Vladdy. I'm normally all for trading specs for proven talent but I've bought into the Vladdy hype.
    This is what I hoped for, but substitute Bichette for Jr. Yelich and Cain on this roster would be made this season very interesting.

i agree. where were you in the MLB forum when i was arguing with people over this
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829