Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the NBA

Around the NBA: Cleveland Wins 1st Title Ever

Misspoke
    Last edited by Stunner; 06-20-2016 at 04:41 PM.

I wonder if the rest of the league will try to replicate the Cav's team makeup or shift their teams to reflect the Warriors makeup (like they did last year).

I believe that the race for 73 took a bit out of the Warriors, and they looked a bit tired in the last couple of games. The Cavs on the other hand won the East pretty comfortably (in the reg season and in the playoffs). I think teams will put an additional emphasis on rest and incorporation of the 3 pointer. But the Cav's size (and LeBron's brilliance) were able to beat down the Warriors, and the simply outlasted the Warriors in a seven game series. Obviously finding guys like Klay, Curry, Draymond is incredibly difficult, but it looked like teams were trying to go toward more of a spread the floor, up tempo, and flexible bigs to replicate the success of the Warriors last year. Will you see more of team try to find an offensive rebounder like Tristan Thompson? Or a feast/famine 3 and D guy like JR Smith? Or try to build a team around multidimensional midrange wings like LeBron? Or find one-sided offensive players like Kyrie Irving (as long as their elite at the iso)? I think it will be impossible for teams to find guys like LeBron and Kyrie to make something like the 2016 Cavs work, but it is a copycat league.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    He hit two cutch free throws after messing up his shooting hand on trying to baptize Draymond . But yes Kyries three was big
    He missed 1 of 2, and he probably "messed" it up because he couldn't finish the dunk. We all know he has to make it dramatic. LeBron and simple don't go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I wonder if the rest of the league will try to replicate the Cav's team makeup or shift their teams to reflect the Warriors makeup (like they did last year).

I believe that the race for 73 took a bit out of the Warriors, and they looked a bit tired in the last couple of games. The Cavs on the other hand won the East pretty comfortably (in the reg season and in the playoffs). I think teams will put an additional emphasis on rest and incorporation of the 3 pointer. But the Cav's size (and LeBron's brilliance) were able to beat down the Warriors, and the simply outlasted the Warriors in a seven game series. Obviously finding guys like Klay, Curry, Draymond is incredibly difficult, but it looked like teams were trying to go toward more of a spread the floor, up tempo, and flexible bigs to replicate the success of the Warriors last year. Will you see more of team try to find an offensive rebounder like Tristan Thompson? Or a feast/famine 3 and D guy like JR Smith? Or try to build a team around multidimensional midrange wings like LeBron? Or find one-sided offensive players like Kyrie Irving (as long as their elite at the iso)? I think it will be impossible for teams to find guys like LeBron and Kyrie to make something like the 2016 Cavs work, but it is a copycat league.
    I think it just came down to missing shots for the Warriors. They left Barnes open for 3 straight games, and of course he went into probably the worst shooting slump of his life. I think your right that chasing 73 might have taken it out of them. That MCL injury to Curry didn't help either. Oh, and who would have thought Bogut would be a big loss?

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    You don't think the physicality affected Curry? Just curious because in the final few games, they let a lot of things fly, and this wasn't his first poor finals either.
    No not really, the Cavs aren't that physical of a team honestly. And no, this is what mass hysteria does to people. Explain to me how Curry had a poor finals last year. He didn't, he averaged like 28/6/5 on a 58ts%. Just because he didn't win the FMVP does t mean he wasn't fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Wow I can't believe some of you guys man..not watching the playoffs or having any interest just because the Bulls didn't make it? I'm a die hard Bulls fan just like you guys, but how can you not appreciate the greatness NBA fans just witnessed last night? I mean I was up out of my sofa during those final minutes and watching Lebron do superhuman things. Yes he has owned our favorite team, but blame our inept front office for not building a more talented roster. I doubt we'll ever see a player like Lebron James in our lifetimes again, so just stop hating the guy and appreciate his incredible abilities.

And yes I'm happy the Cavs won. The greatest team in history title still belongs to our 95-96 Bulls.
    Right there with ya man
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post

I doubt it was going for the record that did anything to them. They lost because Curry didn't play how he is expected to play, possibly due to injury which he rushed back from, they most because Green was suspended for game 5 (which may have helped Cleveland get momentum and believe in themselves more), and because Bogut was out. The Cavs lived in the paint last night and that's because he was out

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    No not really, the Cavs aren't that physical of a team honestly. And no, this is what mass hysteria does to people. Explain to me how Curry had a poor finals last year. He didn't, he averaged like 28/6/5 on a 58ts%. Just because he didn't win the FMVP does t mean he wasn't fantastic

Right there with ya man

I doubt it was going for the record that did anything to them. They lost because Curry didn't play how he is expected to play, possibly due to injury which he rushed back from, they most because Green was suspended for game 5 (which may have helped Cleveland get momentum and believe in themselves more), and because Bogut was out. The Cavs lived in the paint last night and that's because he was out
    Yeah it's kinda funny. I think if the last 2 years we see 2 healthy teams(and suspension-less although that idiot deserved it)- the titles would have flip flopped with the King winning last season and the Dubs winning this season.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Bulls begin NBA Summer League play in Vegas on July 9 vs. Celtics. Also face 76ers on July 10 and Spurs on July 12.

Oh well, at least it's over. Props to Cleveland, didn't think they could do it.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Bulls begin NBA Summer League play in Vegas on July 9 vs. Celtics. Also face 76ers on July 10 and Spurs on July 12.
    Time for Snell to wreck **** once again.

LeBron to ESPN (1 of 1): "I love it here in Cleveland. I have no intentions of leaving."

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/745646217195970560

Quote Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
    This is the year of the snell!

Quote Originally Posted by Flogger View Post
    Didn't Snell already skip out on it last year?

Unless he's on the summer league team in order to make a roster spot lol

Jeff Teague is a pacer
    George hill to Jazz

Have vent heard anything else yet.

Wolves are trying to get Kenneth Faried

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Jeff Teague is a pacer
    George hill to Jazz

Have vent heard anything else yet.
    UTA gets Hill
    IND gets Teague
    ATL gets #12 pick

good deal all around since ATL wants Schroeder to take it up to the next level.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast