Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Around the NBA

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    So its been a couple days but just found out the Cavs had a timeout at the end of game 1 with JR smiths blunder.

So for as bad as smith was. It was a series of bad things all by the cavs.

1) George Hill an 80% FT shooter Chokes.
    2) JR smith thinks they are up. Dribbles ball out
    3) 4.7 seconds left with a Timeout u let JR Dribble out instead of calling a timeout. Lue ****s up.

Here is another question for anyone. WTF is JR smith even in there rebounding to begin with. Lebron and Green are both out back at the 3pt line. Green dives the hoop and i supose Lebron is back in case of some quick break as a Saftey like cover. But Why is JR the one in there and really does a guard not going right back up amounst the trees seem that surprising.

All valid points. And donít forget that Kevin Durant basically does nothing and letís JR shove him under the basket in order to get the rebound. So many people got off because of JR.

Watching Lebron Fold like this (not the first time) in close out games is why I cant stand the idea that some think he is the best ever. When guys like Rodney Hood are playing harder than the GOAT its hard to say he is that great. you have to lead by example and Lebron may not have the help but he has just folded and given up, and your team cant be expected to do so if you wont yourself.

Show me a Closeout game where Michael Jordan gave up.

I dont care if you loose and get beat by a better team, but giving up like he has with a full quarter left just cant command the respect the GOAT did. and worst part is its not the first time Lebron has pulled this ****.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 06-08-2018 at 11:12 PM.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

LeBron did not play well but this series was a wrap after game 1. Itís a real debate who the goat is and that in itself is remarkable as MJ was untouchable for so long. Bron has reached that tier. Maybe Jordan is the goat, maybe not. But itís not really crystal clear to me. Jordan had more of a killer instinct but Iíd love to see Jordan with the Cavs supporting cast go against this warriors team. Iíll give you a hint....heíd lose too. Bron played like an animal overall and his team was obviously out gunned.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    LeBron did not play well but this series was a wrap after game 1. Itís a real debate who the goat is and that in itself is remarkable as MJ was untouchable for so long. Bron has reached that tier. Maybe Jordan is the goat, maybe not. But itís not really crystal clear to me. Jordan had more of a killer instinct but Iíd love to see Jordan with the Cavs supporting cast go against this warriors team. Iíll give you a hint....heíd lose too. Bron played like an animal overall and his team was obviously out gunned.
    that post was not about loosing, (i said obvious if your just beat whatever) But lebron in the 2nd half just didnt seem to show up, didnt seem aggressive, and when your the best player on your team (and supposedly ever) and you dont show up, you cant expect the rest of your team to either, At least put in the effort, even if your shot isnt falling, at least hustle and make an impact even if your shot is not falling,

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    that post was not about loosing, (i said obvious if your just beat whatever) But lebron in the 2nd half just didnt seem to show up, didnt seem aggressive, and when your the best player on your team (and supposedly ever) and you dont show up, you cant expect the rest of your team to either, At least put in the effort, even if your shot isnt falling, at least hustle and make an impact even if your shot is not falling,
    Meh...I mean, sure. He could have been more aggressive. Wouldnít have made a difference and I donít think it diminishes his greatness. You know who was a legendary try hard at all times, aggressive player? Kobe. Kobe would have jacked up 90 shots this game. But LeBron is still the superior player. LeBron dragged this team (two different teams, really) on his back all year and were heavy under dogs for a reason. They had no chance against GS. Heís still hands down a top 2 player of all time.

Jr cost them game 1 and then cost them LeBrons hand

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Jr cost them game 1 and then cost them LeBrons hand
    I like how the hand thing suddenly comes up. Now he has an excuse for getting swept. Everything he does seems inauthentic to me. It always seems like he's trying to script the narrative of his career before his career is over with antics off the court.

I hear LeBron does a ton of charity and seems like a good dude personally, but I hate all of the career choices he makes.

Around the NBA

Think the excuse of him getting swept is his team sucks

Also hereís a pic of his hands

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/sta...420816384?s=21

They said Lebron wanted to keep it quiet because he didnít want any attention drawn to it till afterwards which I can understand. Youíre talking about one of the Iron men in NBA History

Damn the LeBron hate is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Think the excuse of him getting swept is his team sucks

Also hereís a pic of his hands

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/sta...420816384?s=21

They said Lebron wanted to keep it quiet because he didnít want any attention drawn to it till afterwards which I can understand. Youíre talking about one of the Iron men in NBA History
    That is precisely why people hate LeBron James. There is always an excuse. Barkley, AI, Malone, Stockton, Ewing all great players, but never won a ring. It doesn't take away from their greatness. But Lebron crowned himself king before he event got to the league so expectations were high. His team wasn't good enough so he assembled a super team to get some easy rings, which he did.

Then when he went back to Cleveland he was made into this loyal, hometown hero, that was coming home to win the ring he promised to his city... the city he left when they weren't good.

BUT NOW they have a star in Kyrie and all the assets in the world to create a super team around him, so he goes back. Let's be serious here, if they didn't have the assets to put a super team around Lebron he wouldn't have gone back to the Cavs.

They're good again and he's a hero, but then Lebron runs Kyrie out of town and Bron Bron isn't happy, so the organization has to clean house to put talent around him. Somehow the best player in the world is a hero for having an unbelievable year with a team of young, talented around him. Everyone treats him like a victim because he isn't on the best team top to bottom (like he is every year) and that he had to battle to get to the finals in a weak eastern conference (which is what great players would do). Now he will run for the hills or bring a new super team to Cleveland and people will treat this year like 'the dark days of his career' when he didn't have a top 3 player in the league to lean on. Poor Lebron.

As far as the hand goes, he was injured and he wanted to keep it quiet. So he toughed it out and played through the pain the the iron man he is, but he couldn't tough it out until after the press conference to get the cast? He didn't want to make excuses and if they won he certainly would have played through the pain again in game 5, but he really wanted the press to know that he wasn't 100% immediately after he got swept. That's the issue I'm having. IMO he certainly wanted to control the narrative after a sweep because he is worried about his legacy and anything that might tarnish it.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast