Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Wild Off-Season Thread 2016

Discuss the rest of the Stanley Cup playoffs, NHL draft, potential trades and free agency here. It will soon be a new season!

I think the Wild should end the off-season by:

1. Trade Brodin and a 3rd round pick to Arizona for LW Christian Dvorak and a 2nd round pick (The wild desperately need to add some high end offensive talent)
    2. Pass on Matt Cullen
    3. Use the money saved from the Brodin trade to sign Jiri Hudler to a 3.5mil/1yr contract
    4. Offer two-way contracts to Fontaine, Schroeder, and Tyson Strachan
    5. Sign C Kyle Chipchura to a 1 year deal (~1 million)

Lines

Forwards

Parise Staal Granlund
    Zucker Koivu Coyle
    Hudler Haula Niederreiter
    Stewart Graovac(It's now or never) Pominville
    Extra: Chipchura

Defense

Suter Spurgeon
    Scandella Dumba
    Reilly Folin
    Extra: Prosser

Goalies

Dubnyk
    Kuemper

Let Dvorak, Tuch, Gilmour, Lucia, Anas grow up for 1 more year in Iowa

I like your plan for the Wild. Matt Cullen would have to be used sparingly to be effective both in the regular and post-season. One thing I disagree with is having Staal play first-line minutes. He was not very good with the Rangers, only putting up six points in his time there and going invisible in the playoffs. The Wild might get his best hockey on the second line.

He wasn't very good with us because AV was an idiot---putting him on the 3rd line with Hayes and Stalberg instead of putting him on a line with Brassard and Zuccarello or with Nash and Stepan on one of the top two lines. He's gonna play well for Minn. and make AV look like an idiot. AV has always showed a loyalty to certain players regardless of how they're playing. i.e. a washed up Dan Boyle, Hayes , Glass.