Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

New Retractable Roof Stadium for Rangers!!

Thank god for 2 reasons:
    - It is too hot from June through August to enjoy 2/3 of the teams annual home games
    - I am sick of the overrated faux-retro stadium look first seen in Camden 20+ years ago. About time those stadiums are phased out for new more modern Target field type design concepts with better site lines elimination of unnecessary 1920s style columns etc.

I will be disappointed if they announce that it will be another retro style.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Thank god for 2 reasons:
    - It is too hot from June through August to enjoy 2/3 of the teams annual home games
    - I am sick of the overrated faux-retro stadium look first seen in Camden 20+ years ago. About time those stadiums are phased out for new more modern Target field type design concepts with better site lines elimination of unnecessary 1920s style columns etc.

I will be disappointed if they announce that it will be another retro style.
    I might be a homer because I'm an Orioles fan, but also having been to Marlins Park in the year it was opened, I don't think going to a more modern design was better.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I might be a homer because I'm an Orioles fan, but also having been to Marlins Park in the year it was opened, I don't think going to a more modern design was better.
    I would be happy with a modern design concept coupled with smaller more intimate feel. IMO the Ballpark is to cavernous and big. Would be cool to do something more like Citi Field in Cinci or Pirates new park. Put the fans closer to the action with good site lines from all seats. The roof makes it more challenging. Would be disastrous if we ended up with Tropicana field - Arlington.

The team has been built to match the ballpark and they play very well there. If they change the dimensions of the park too much, they will mess up the way the team plays. This said, with new guys coming up, the team should be OK in any sort of stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    And their stadium is practically band new anyway...

Love to see them figure out a way to add the roof....