Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    I hate that the Mets often play undermanned. First Duda, now Wright. They love going with a 24 man roster

I know. It is frustrating to see them constantly play undermanned. I'm going to pretend the glass is half full and say it means they are thinking Wright may not actually need the DL - which may mean the disc herniation is mild and hopefully will not end his season or career.

That said, MLB rules about the DL are arcane and arbitrary. They need to be updated. Teams should never have to play undermanned. You should be able to take players off the active 25 whenever you want, and add them back whenever you want. It's the whole DL timing that makes teams wait longer than they should to pull the trigger.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Am happy the Mets FO saw this thread .

But seriously I don't know what anyone saw in the Mets FO in regards to Campbell over Rivera. Yeah Campbell could play 1st base but that's all he could do. In every other facet of the game, he was essentially useless and shouldn't have been up here as long as he was.

Thankfully they gave this 27 year old kid from the Bronx a chance and its paid off big time.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-01-2016 at 06:15 AM.

Wonder if TJ Rivera has done enough to justify just giving Neil Walker the QO and not resigning him... I think I'm actually ready to take a chance on Rivera and Cecchini in 2B for next year.

Wish we could ****ing get rid of Wright. The way Walker performed this year from both sides of the plate and his defense at 2B was extremely impressive. We'd be an even better team with Walker around. We are basically going to let of Murphy and Walker because of Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Wonder if TJ Rivera has done enough to justify just giving Neil Walker the QO and not resigning him... I think I'm actually ready to take a chance on Rivera and Cecchini in 2B for next year.
    Love Rivera. But let's not forget that he's taking in September.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I am too... but I wouldn't complain if we signed Walker anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Love Rivera. But let's not forget that he's taking in September.
    That's true. Hopefully we get a lengthy view of him in October before making any decisions about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Just give Walker the QO, which there's a decent chance he accepts anyway. If he does, great. If not, that's ok too and we'll take the extra pick.

Only bumping this because I have no idea how this organization ever thought Eric Campbell was better than TJ Rivera.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Only bumping this because I have no idea how this organization ever thought Eric Campbell was better than TJ Rivera.
    Walks though

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Same way they thought Brad Emaus was better than Justin Turner and Daniel Murphy.

Don't forget how much time they spent last year with Ty Kelly before they finally gave TJ a chance.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

DFA Campbell already and bring up Rivera..

Makes you wonder about how they evaluate their own guys.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast