Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

DFA Campbell already and bring up Rivera..

**** Campbell. Its time to bring up Rivera up. I would love to see Herrera but i know they want him to get his ABs down there. Either way until they acquire a legit corner backup IF, DFA Campbell.

It's important they have one here with Wright needing days off and Duda's inconsistency against LHP.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-12-2016 at 12:53 AM.

I think Sandy should be in the market for a RH bat who can play first and third. Not a star but a reliable bat off the bench. It will lengthen the lineup so much more rather than the way it is down when either Duda or Wright sits.

Well Flores is hitting the DL but they are bringing up Gilmartin. If they have to carry this dead weight in Campbell I hope Rivera or Herrera get a shot while Flores is out.

I agree
    Lets go Mets

Agreed.

Need a better backup option to caddy Wright. They though it would be Flores, but that's been meh so far.

Wish Uribe was still around but I'll take anyone better than Campbell.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I never understood this team's fascination with Soup. He's a bum. Move on already.

With Flores out Campbell gets a stay of execution and becomes the backup SS. Whoever replaces Campbell, until Flo gets back, has to be able to fill in at SS. So that leaves Dilson out of the mx. I know Reynolds can step in at SS in a pinch; can Rivera?

My pick to replace Campbell is Rivera. He's hit for average everywhere he's been, is a capable fill-in at SS and last night I see they played him at 1B. Reynolds doesn't excite me; more in the Campbell mold IMO, capable of being capable, and not someone with much of a ceiling. It's going to be difficult for Dilson to see much ML action this year with Walker and Flo in front of him. Not being able to play even emergency SS limits him on this roster. Finally, I'm also impressed by what Kelly is doing in LV but he has little power, he's 27, and with more than 3k ML ABs, he's a .279 hitter. Perhaps worth a look but I don't see him helping us much either as Wright's caddie or replacement for more than game or two.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Agreed.

Need a better backup option to caddy Wright. They though it would be Flores, but that's been meh so far.

Wish Uribe was still around but I'll take anyone better than Campbell.
    DRTRADE would be a better option than Campbell.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Campbell is an emergency catcher, but with Walkers ability to catch, I don't see the point any more.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Maybe he has dirt on someone.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Maybe he has dirt on someone.
    He probably discovered the secret mall plans.

Don't worry. He's got this.

This could have been addressed in the offseason with Steve Pearce or Ryan Raburn. Both might become available at some point though.

Another option is to try Neil Walker out at 3b a little and eventually call up Dilson Herrera, but that's only really a good solution if there is an injury and Herrera is here to play everyday otherwise I want him getting consistent AB's in AAA.

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing what Rivera can do because Soup provides next to nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Raburn would have made a better option because he had more versatility and is RH. Same reason why I liked Freese. Anyways, I would like to see anyone here besides Campbell. He's a light hitting infielder who really doesn't any position overly well.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Raburn would have made a better option because he had more versatility and is RH. Same reason why I liked Freese. Anyways, I would like to see anyone here besides Campbell. He's a light hitting infielder who really doesn't any position overly well.
    Yeah but I heard he shoots a mean game of pool

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast