Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Need the help of people from Philly...sorry that this is off topic

I'm visiting Philly this weekend and need some suggestions on places to eat

Also where are the best places to get cheese steaks not named Pat's and Geno's since I'll be going there the minute I get to Philly.

Thanks for all your help.
    Who I would have picked for GM

Dalessandros. Look it up. Good stuff.

I don't love Dalessandros, they give steaks that are bigger not better tasting IMO. I think the reputation of Dalessandros from years ago is better than the taste today. As far as really good cheesesteaks go I would rather go to a lot of places

Jim's on South Street, Campo's in old city, John's Roast Pork has a great cheesesteak, Tony Lukes

Personally my favorite is Jim's

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFanFromNY View Post
    I'm visiting Philly this weekend and need some suggestions on places to eat

Also where are the best places to get cheese steaks not named Pat's and Geno's since I'll be going there the minute I get to Philly.

Thanks for all your help.
    Check out http://ralphsrestaurant.com/ if you want so really good Italian restaurant. All in all Philly is a great food city no matter where you are staying you are not going to be far from a good cheesesteak or good restaurant.

Obviously late here - but if you visit again...

Vote #2 for Dalessandro's. I prefer the Whiz and American cheese combo. Best steak I've ever had by far and my standby go to.

Steve's Prince of Steaks can make a banger of a steak, but I've had a few so-so ones there too.

Jim's on South is a great one. Well known, but not quite on the touristy level of Geno's and Pat's (which at this point are becoming underrated because it is so trendy to bash them - they aren't bad, just nothing special).

Tony Luke's is in the tourist group now and in my mind most overrated. Go to Front & Oregon for the most consistent quality - enter at your own risk for other locations.

If you want something a little different get the Pretzel Cheesesteak (c-steak in a philly pretzel) at Miller's inside Reading Terminal Market. It is absolutely delicious.
    Last edited by MooseWithFleas; 08-02-2016 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    Obviously late here - but if you visit again...

Vote #2 for Dalessandro's. I prefer the Whiz and American cheese combo. Best steak I've ever had by far and my standby go to.

Steve's Prince of Steaks can make a banger of a steak, but I've had a few so-so ones there too.

Jim's on South is a great one. Well known, but not quite on the touristy level of Geno's and Pat's (which at this point are becoming underrated because it is so trendy to bash them - they aren't bad, just nothing special).

Tony Luke's is in the tourist group now and in my mind most overrated. Go to Front & Oregon for the most consistent quality - enter at your own risk for other locations.

If you want something a little different get the Pretzel Cheesesteak (c-steak in a philly pretzel) at Miller's inside Reading Terminal Market. It is absolutely delicious.
    Just go there