Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 1

I'm still collecting tons of dog tags when I play on BC2. Only thing that ticks me off about NAM lately is lopsided teams. Must be people jumping side to be with friends or something. Seems like it ends up being 4vs10 most games. Yeah more kills for me but also hard to cap a flag when they got numbers.

https://www.battlefield.com/games/ba...shall-not-pass

4 New maps, several new guns, stationary weapons, and tanks... and mighty FRENCH army... lol.

Correct me if i'm wrong but they are charging 50 bucks for this expansion? Are they drunk?

I would maybe pay 20 bucks but for 50 bucks, i might as well throw in an extra 10 and get a new game and move on from Battlefield.

as far as content goes, its looks sweet. the game needs a little change. IDK about that cost though lol
    Last edited by Tkais9009; 03-13-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    https://www.battlefield.com/games/ba...shall-not-pass

4 New maps, several new guns, stationary weapons, and tanks... and mighty FRENCH army... lol.

Correct me if i'm wrong but they are charging 50 bucks for this expansion? Are they drunk?

I would maybe pay 20 bucks but for 50 bucks, i might as well throw in an extra 10 and get a new game and move on from Battlefield.

as far as content goes, its looks sweet. the game needs a little change. IDK about that cost though lol
    You get 4 DLCs. This is the first. This is what they've done they last couple games. They come in waves like that but there's multiple for that 50.

Not be history geek guy but there's no reason to make fun of the French army regarding WW1. All that negative stuff they get crap for came after.

Content looks cool though. The medic gun and support gun look unique. They should have added more French weapons but it's whatever lol

Edit. I think if you only get this one it's $15. I haven't seen that yet but that's what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    You get 4 DLCs. This is the first. This is what they've done they last couple games. They come in waves like that but there's multiple for that 50.

Not be history geek guy but there's no reason to make fun of the French army regarding WW1. All that negative stuff they get crap for came after.

Content looks cool though. The medic gun and support gun look unique. They should have added more French weapons but it's whatever lol

Edit. I think if you only get this one it's $15. I haven't seen that yet but that's what it used to be.
    I'm aware of the French contribution to history. Sorry for making a joke!

Regardless, this is the first battlefield game ive ever bought. So if I pay the 50, i'll get multiple expansions as they are released?

I'd be down for that if thats the case
    Last edited by Tkais9009; 03-14-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    I'm aware of the French contribution to history. Sorry for making a joke!

Regardless, this is the first battlefield game ive ever bought. So if I pay the 50, i'll get multiple expansions as they are released?

I'd be down for that if thats the case
    I read the BF1 reddit a lot and it's all hahahahah french are *******!!! It just gets old. I wasn't really trying to give you too hard of a time.

Yeah, I think you'll get about 16 total maps and they've said "twenty" weapons. But I heard its actually higher than that from some BF streamer, I guess.

I've unlocked one guy so far the RSC medic gun, kills in two shots to a certain distance, can't quite tell. It's pretty slow and I got the optic one and I hate those sights.

Working on the Chauchat now but the servers are going all wonky, only for Frontline game mode, the new game mode. Everything else seems fine somehow.

They did the same $50 for four Star Wars Battlefront expansions last year as well, so it's in line with what EA and DICE have done before.

I'd definitely take the argument that developers are releasing less content now than ever before with the original game.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    They did the same $50 for four Star Wars Battlefront expansions last year as well, so it's in line with what EA and DICE have done before.

I'd definitely take the argument that developers are releasing less content now than ever before with the original game.
    And BF3, and BF4, and BF Hardline.

They've been doing it for ages. Though I don't know if they were all $50

I don't personally think it's as extreme as some do, where they think they just release half a game to make us pay for the rest. There's no AAA titles coming out with 20 maps with the size and detail of BF or whatever the total will be for the game after all the DLC packs for base value. But at the same time, it's obviously a squeeze.

Hard to blame them when consumers eat it up. I keep reading that it's such a rip off scam, etc, but all these people are willingly letting themselves be ripped off...IDK. They point the finger but they are letting themselves get ripped off by doing it. Nobody is forced to buy DLC or anything.

I believe all premium was $50. Last time I bought premium far in advance was BF3. But like I said on battlelog. I told my clan yeah we pay for future DLC. But by the time all it drops we will be playing something else by then. By the time the last DLC for BF3 dropped I was so hook on Medal of honor Warfighter and Far Cry 3 making maps.

So BF3 was last time I bought premium way ahead of time. I didn't buy BF4 premium till it went on sale during black Friday 50% off so it was $25. Was a steal then but the community kinda died a little then. Hardline I didn't buy premium but all DLC became free with deals with gold on XBOX.

So that was a sweet score. I been playing a lot of Hardline lately. Also the basic game was on sale for $5. So servers are booming again. Also downloading the BF1 update right now but its huge file cause DICE forced in the DLC with it. So if I just play the basic BF1 the game still probably be darn near 100GB after all DLC drops. I'll wait till premium is 50% off or free with deals with gold.

I been buying less DLC and rather just buy a new game. That's what I been doing with this generation of gaming. On XBOX 360 I was always buying all the DLC first day. But alot of people didn't buy it then my DLC servers die cause no one buys it. DLC always segregates the gaming community.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 03-16-2017 at 01:21 PM.

I just recently bought a Xbox One and this is the game that came with it and I like alot to be honest.

But I'm really not that impressed with most of the games I have played so far. I really don't like how they are making so many of these games online mostly/only and having to pay for content to where there are hardly any players online.... Kinda dumb.

Marcus Mariota

Since you just got the XBOX1. Keep a eye on sales if you go the digital route. Yeah disc's go dirt cheap second hand as well. Last week Hardline was on sale for $5. I think BF4 was on sale as well. But I already own that as well. Not sure what the sale price for that was. $5 or $10. You should check ARK out as well. Or check out Subnautica but the last couple updates kinda broke the save data. So been holding off on playing that lately. Also if you own 360 games there's a tons of them backward compatible. Bad Company 2 is backward compatible and BF3.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I just recently bought a Xbox One and this is the game that came with it and I like alot to be honest.

But I'm really not that impressed with most of the games I have played so far. I really don't like how they are making so many of these games online mostly/only and having to pay for content to where there are hardly any players online.... Kinda dumb.
    Because the communities eat them up for the first couple months, then the next game comes out. Some will return for the DLC, then you get a pop for those servers, but that's the cycle for most games especially FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Since you just got the XBOX1. Keep a eye on sales if you go the digital route. Yeah disc's go dirt cheap second hand as well. Last week Hardline was on sale for $5. I think BF4 was on sale as well. But I already own that as well. Not sure what the sale price for that was. $5 or $10. You should check ARK out as well. Or check out Subnautica but the last couple updates kinda broke the save data. So been holding off on playing that lately. Also if you own 360 games there's a tons of them backward compatible. Bad Company 2 is backward compatible and BF3.
    I've been getting the games with gold ones have quit a bit of those and there is a pawn shop down the street from me that sells Xbox1 and PS4 games for $10. Its $10 no matter the game so if you go in there frequently you can find some really good deals. I bought Madden 17 for $10 earlier this week.

Marcus Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Because the communities eat them up for the first couple months, then the next game comes out. Some will return for the DLC, then you get a pop for those servers, but that's the cycle for most games especially FPS.
    Yeah I leave and come back for every DLC haha. I think that's most people. I just can't play the same exact thing for ages like I used to.

I took a break from BF1. Back to Hardline. Man I forgot how much I loved Hardline. People drop fast in that game. Probably reason why I like it. BF1 you have to put a lot of work to get a kill using nerfed support guns to get a kill. Seems more less kill assists or assists counts as a kill unless I'm using limpet charges on a tank or throw it on a wall and killing a enemy inside house. I get tons of kills like that. Very seldom fly or drive a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I took a break from BF1. Back to Hardline. Man I forgot how much I loved Hardline. People drop fast in that game. Probably reason why I like it. BF1 you have to put a lot of work to get a kill using nerfed support guns to get a kill. Seems more less kill assists or assists counts as a kill unless I'm using limpet charges on a tank or throw it on a wall and killing a enemy inside house. I get tons of kills like that. Very seldom fly or drive a tank.
    Hardline was underrated. Everyone just decided it had to suck and gave it no chance.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast