Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I have the needs assembled by order of value.

Leo: ya we got Fowler and yannick and Holmes but i don't think you can pass up a good edge rusher when the opportunity rises.

Ss: if cyp doesn't step up big time then we will need to search for our kam.

Lt: if Joeckel and beachum play bad we will need a left tackle.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Here's a good hypothetical for ya hd.
    What if we were picking say pick 10 or so and Leonard Fournette is available and is the highest rated player on your draft board? Do ya pick him or not?

#InCaldwellWeTrust

hotdalton18 is offline Jags&Heat&Dodgers&Gators
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Here's a good hypothetical for ya hd.
    What if we were picking say pick 10 or so and Leonard Fournette is available and is the highest rated player on your draft board? Do ya pick him or not?
    Lol man , Fournette is my one right now in that draft so most likely

But let says I have a OT rated close to him then I'd take the tackle

If I have him as clearly the best prospect on the board then yeah id take him

Fournette if he stays healthy will be a HOFer

And I think he's going top 5

Lots of things can change by draft time tho

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

McCaffrey is my dude but way to early for 2017 draft talk. Gonna wait till later in the year for this thread. Plus I know the spam will be coming that nobody wants to see

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    McCaffrey is my dude but way to early for 2017 draft talk. Gonna wait till later in the year for this thread. Plus I know the spam will be coming that nobody wants to see
    I like Fournette, mccaffery and Chubb(if he shows he's back to old self.

#InCaldwellWeTrust

I think Dave's initial targets in his mind for next season is either pass rusher or OL in the first round. They wanted to draft Bosa to add another impact pass rusher to the starting line. Next year is a good year for pass rushers so hopefully a good one falls to us. That said I can just as easily see him taking a guard. Actually I think there's a very good chance that ends up being the #1 need considering Bernadeau is projected to start at LG right now.

Now that Dave added an influx of young defenders it's time to start beefing up the OL. We have our C and RG but everything else is up in the air. Hopefully Beachum pans out so that gives us our LT. I want Joeckel to get a chance at RT to see how he does there now. I just don't see Parnell as a long term solution. The ideal development for OL for this season imo would be for Beachum to win out at LT and play well, Joeckel to somehow get time at RT and solidify himself as a solid RT, Linder to be an All-Pro type center, and Cann continuing his upward trajectory at RG. That would leave the only weakness on the OL at LG which we can address in the first or second round next year and have the line solidified for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Vino View Post
    Now that Dave added an influx of young defenders it's time to start beefing up the OL. We have our C and RG but everything else is up in the air. Hopefully Beachum pans out so that gives us our LT. I want Joeckel to get a chance at RT to see how he does there now. I just don't see Parnell as a long term solution. The ideal development for OL for this season imo would be for Beachum to win out at LT and play well, Joeckel to somehow get time at RT and solidify himself as a solid RT, Linder to be an All-Pro type center, and Cann continuing his upward trajectory at RG. That would leave the only weakness on the OL at LG which we can address in the first or second round next year and have the line solidified for years.
    Parnell>>>>>Joeckel so that wont happen. Its a safe bet that we draft a G next year but it wont be in the first round. If Dave feels McCaffrey can be the next Marshall Faulk or LT I think he takes him to put with this offense. I could also see us drafting a SS if Cyp or Sample dont improve. Gonna wait for the season to play out a bit though

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Parnell>>>>>Joeckel so that wont happen. Its a safe bet that we draft a G next year but it wont be in the first round. If Dave feels McCaffrey can be the next Marshall Faulk or LT I think he takes him to put with this offense. I could also see us drafting a SS if Cyp or Sample dont improve. Gonna wait for the season to play out a bit though
    Let me throw dalvin cook from fsu in there.

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Oh jeez. Please stop with mccafrey already. We're not going to take him. Fournette and Dalvin cook will be taken before and will be drafted higher.

23: R1P23 S*JAMAL ADAMS LSU-starting ss

55: R2P23 OLB*TIM WILLIAMS ALABAMA-otto

87: R3P23 TE*JAKE BUTT MICHIGAN-Lewis replacement

119: R4P23 CB*JORDAN THOMAS OKLAHOMA potential backup cb or slot guy

150: R5P23 CB*JEREMY CUTRER MIDDLE TENNESSEE- more CB depth and bpa. Good height and speed guy. Little skinny but that can be worked on.

181: R6P22 G*GREG PYKE GEORGIA- potential guard help

213: R7P23 OT*CHAD WHEELER USC- potential LT
    Last edited by TDjacksonville; 05-11-2016 at 06:15 PM.

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    Oh jeez. Please stop with mccafrey already. We're not going to take him. Fournette and Dalvin cook will be taken before and will be drafted higher.
    And Nick Chubb and the Oregon RB lol

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    So u agree this rb class is good then?

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    So u agree this rb class is good then?
    Yes , that was never my argument

2015-16 DPOY

Hassan Whiteside

Yes , that was never my argument
    So why shouldn't we pick a RB when rbs have a very short shelf life on average?

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast