Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Also wanted to add this in, Campbell is a fluid skater who gets pucks out of his zone. I have a feeling that the declining possession numbers for Seabrook are at least somewhat indicative of who he is at this age and not just an exceptionally poor year in terms of skating pucks out. That means you've got a possession/puck mover on both pairs (Keith, Campbell). Seabrook is still a damn good defenseman, but I think Campbell naturally makes him better this year.
    Yea, I think you can also throw in there that he had to baby sit all last season being paired with (Sevburg, Gustafson, TVR). And additionally he was fat last year, the year prior is was injuries, this past year he was definitely carrying extra weight around his waist line. He better come back in great shape and get it together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jabears85 View Post
    Yea, I think you can also throw in there that he had to baby sit all last season being paired with (Sevburg, Gustafson, TVR). And additionally he was fat last year, the year prior is was injuries, this past year he was definitely carrying extra weight around his waist line. He better come back in great shape and get it together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Seabrook bounces back. Like you mentioned, he played with a lot of youngsters this year, either Gustafsson or TVR it seemed like. He also had to pick up the slack big time when Keith got hurt. I think playing with an actual top-4 defenseman will help him have a great year. He's also probably much more rested and will have had a full summer of workouts in so I expect him to come into camp in better shape.

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    I think Seabrook bounces back. Like you mentioned, he played with a lot of youngsters this year, either Gustafsson or TVR it seemed like. He also had to pick up the slack big time when Keith got hurt. I think playing with an actual top-4 defenseman will help him have a great year. He's also probably much more rested and will have had a full summer of workouts in so I expect him to come into camp in better shape.
    I don't know, eventually he's just gonna have too much mileage on him and just be 'done'.
    Don't think he's there yet but it's not too far off.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I don't know, eventually he's just gonna have too much mileage on him and just be 'done'.
    Don't think he's there yet but it's not too far off.
    I think we're 3-4 years away from him really starting to fall off. Is he the defenseman he was in 2010 or even 2013? No. But he's still a very good defenseman that can get you upwards of 30 points and probably upwards of 40. It was a bad year for possession numbers for many Blackhawks players, so his possession numbers were down last year. I think our team's and Seabrook's possession numbers go way up this year. Seabrook can focus more on his defensive game now that he doesn't have to carry a pairing offensively. Playing with someone like Campbell will probably keep his point totals up as well with Campbell/Keith feeding him one timers. It's going to be an interesting year for sure.

Seabrook is a right shot playing right D.

He's not taking any one-timers off of passes from the left point.

Those have to come from the RW corner or right half-boards.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    Seabrook is a right shot playing right D.

He's not taking any one-timers off of passes from the left point.

Those have to come from the RW corner or right half-boards.

Sorry couldn't resist.
    Haha you know what I meant though. He sets up for shots at the point and with a positive possession player in either Duncan Keith or Brian Campbell, he'll still get plenty of points.

This team will see some changes in the near future. Hossa will retire, Seabrook (going back to a previous discussion) will decline, but Toews and Kane still have a lot of prime years to go here and Keith strikes me as having Lidstrom/Chelios-esque ability to remain a top defenseman in the league even in his late 30s. The key will be continuing to find new, young talent to play along with the established talent. Guys aging or retiring doesn't mean our window will close.

I'll transition from that into this... Alex Debrincat. I haven't been this excited about a young player since Kane! He's going to be a serious goal scoring threat in the NHL and I can't wait to see him get called up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    This team will see some changes in the near future. Hossa will retire, Seabrook (going back to a previous discussion) will decline, but Toews and Kane still have a lot of prime years to go here and Keith strikes me as having Lidstrom/Chelios-esque ability to remain a top defenseman in the league even in his late 30s. The key will be continuing to find new, young talent to play along with the established talent. Guys aging or retiring doesn't mean our window will close.

I'll transition from that into this... Alex Debrincat. I haven't been this excited about a young player since Kane! He's going to be a serious goal scoring threat in the NHL and I can't wait to see him get called up.
    The decline has also been, although slow, already occuring for Toews.

IMO, Seabs has declined. I've heard really good things about Debrincat. It'll be fun to see him in the NHL.

Click here to register!

The decline has also been, although slow, already occuring for Toews.

IMO, Seabs has declined. I've heard really good things about Debrincat. It'll be fun to see him in the NHL.
    I don't think Toews is necessarily declining. He's dealt with injuries the last couple of years which are most likely the result of short off-seasons and Olympics. He's had a revolving door of ****** linemates as well. Now that he's actually got good players on his line and he's finally healthy, he's performing well.

I don't think Toews is necessarily declining. He's dealt with injuries the last couple of years which are most likely the result of short off-seasons and Olympics. He's had a revolving door of ****** linemates as well. Now that he's actually got good players on his line and he's finally healthy, he's performing well.
    I just think a steady decline of statistics over 4 seasons says something (doesn't mean he isn't an incredibly important part of the team)

Click here to register!

I just think a steady decline of statistics over 4 seasons says something (doesn't mean he isn't an incredibly important part of the team)
    I think it has more to do with him having ****** linemates and dealing with injuries. His injury before was a back injury. Try having much energy at all with a back injury let alone playing hockey for a living. Even if he "declines" to a 50-60 point C that wins >50% of his faceoffs, that's still very valuable, especially with how good the AK72 line has been. I think Toews is closer to a 60-70 point player while still winning >50% of his faceoffs. Do I think he'll be a point per game? No, but I do think he'll go through stretches where he's winning us games with his play.

So has he declined a little bit? Maybe. Only time will tell. But even if he has, we can still be a top-3 team and win Cups with him as our 1C.

http://puckinhostile.blogspot.com/20...spect.html?m=1

A nice write-up from prospect camp.

http://puckinhostile.blogspot.com/20...spect.html?m=1

A nice write-up from prospect camp.
    Good read.

What do you think the Hawks have to do in order to be a cup contender again?

What has to happen this season , is what I mean. I'm not talking long term.

Click here to register!

Good read.

What do you think the Hawks have to do in order to be a cup contender again?

What has to happen this season , is what I mean. I'm not talking long term.
    Be better on faceoffs. Have at least one of Kempny, Murphy, Forsling, Rutta play at a top-4 or better level. Have Toews bounce back to 70ish points and Selke-caliber defense. Have Seabrook bounce back. Have Keith and the rest of our core stay healthy. Possibly trade for a LW or a top-4 defenseman or both.

We've reached the slow part of the off-season, guys.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast