Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    We've reached the slow part of the off-season, guys.
    Ohhhh yes we have.

Hawks hockey isn't that far away , either!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I'm a member of another website that is FILLED with hockey experts- these are his thoughts from a game he recently attended
    Caught the 3rd period of last game... and several minutes of first two games...

Kampf and Fortin standout to me... size, skating (quick/agile), and both are relentless forecheckers... Best Forecheckers I have seen in Hawk jerseys- since Frolik - ( I loved Frolik- Unsung hero/player- capable of 20 g's everywhere else- but "role" player for Hawks).

Kampf- while on the PK- was 1 on 3 in Canes zone- and skated the Canes into a stand still trying to exit their own zone... Now I have seen Kruger or Hossa- muck it on boards on PK for 30 seconds... but I don't remember many players actually skating into passing lanes- 3 or 4 times in that type of situation...

Kampf - has also made several nice set-ups for grade A chances... Don't know if I have actually seen him shoot ( Maybe Frolik type shot - too - with plastic stick-LOL)

Noticed Hawks on PK- being completely different than Q's PK/Hawks from last several years.... pressured and attacked almost every player with the puck... much more aggressive... we will see if that is a "real" change in Coaching Philosophy OR just Prospect/style?

Cramarossa- gonna be Fortin 2017???

In 40 minutes of viewing- I would rank the Forwards

kampf
    D-Cat
    Fortin
    Cramarossa

D-Guys
    Press
    Snuggy

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I'm a member of another website that is FILLED with hockey experts- these are his thoughts from a game he recently attended
    Thanks for sharing! Kampf has kind of gotten forgotten in the craziness of this off-season. He could end up being a very solid bottom-6 player for us. I don't know if he'll make the team out of training camp. My gut says no, but if he looks really good in training camp, he definitely has a shot. I hope that our PK is more aggressive this year. Having players actually attacking the puck on the PK more often would do wonders for our PK.

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Wasn't sure where to post this since the Training Camp thread was locked, but I'm finally able to offer my thoughts on the training camp festival.

This year was different from the previous years as ALL of the big names all played. The scrimmage started with Saad-Toews-DeBrincat and Keith-Murphy vs. Sharp-Schmaltz-Kane and Kempny-Seabrook. Schmaltz had a nice goal and that line looked really good all scrimmage. Sharp also had a goal, I believe, and looked really good. DeBrincat looked faster than I thought he was. Definitely looked a lot more impressive than last year. I think they put him on the wrong team for the scrimmage as I think his best position is LW on the Kane line. Hartman, Highmore, and Kampf all impressed me. Hartman had a few really good chances. Highmore was winning draws and looked pretty solid. Kampf played C which surprised me as I thought he was a LW but he looked really good there. He looks NHL-ready or close to it and should be a solid addition to our bottom-6 at some point soon. Saad looked good and it was really good seeing him back in a Blackhawks uniform. One of the best moments came in the 3rd period as John Hayden laid a big hit on Viktor Svedberg, who's a good 4-5 inches and probably 15-25 lbs heavier than Hayden.

That Keith-Murphy pairing looked very good. I think Murphy is a great compliment to Keith. Big, physical, fast with a good shot from the point. I'm already a big fan of him. Kempny-Seabrook looked really good, too. Seabrook had a goal and looked better than he did last year. Maybe it's the rest or an off-season where he got himself into better shape, but I think he'll have a bounceback year this year. That pairing could be very good also. Forsling looked poised with the puck and not intimidated even going against some really big forwards. He saw some ice time with Seabrook and didn't look out of place. I still like Kempny better with Seabrook, though. Jokiharju was impressive with his skating but didn't really stand out in the scrimmage. Snuggerud was impressive too and I think he's close to being NHL-ready. Could possibly play this year once he heals up from his injury. Franson was solid and looked a little faster than I thought he'd be. He's by no means fast, but he's not nearly as slow as I thought he'd be based on scouting reports. Also, you don't realize watching on TV how big some of these guys. Franson is legit one of the biggest guys on the ice and looked huge compared to some of our smurfs.

As for the goalies, Crawford let up the Schmaltz goal but looked good otherwise. Forsberg was the most impressive goalie of the bunch IMO. He played the first period against the Toews-led team. Stopped a handful of really good chances. Collin Delia looked good also. Solid signing.

Team White (Kane and Seabrook led) beat Team Red (Toews and Keith led) 3-0 and then scored another goal in the 3-on-3 OT period they played. A special moment came after that as Steve Larmer and Denis Savard skated on the ice for a special OT. Both had a couple shots but neither scored. Still cool seeing two Blackhawks legends out on the ice with our current team. Afterwards, Ryan Hartman (whose jersey I was wearing) gave an interview and looked more comfortable than I thought he would. Said all the right things about how they think we have a really good team. All in all, a great experience. I also ended up scoring a Stan Mikita hoodie for about $50 at the fan festival outside. All the Reebok gear was 60% off.

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Woops! I'll unlock at and move this tomorrow.

Click here to register!

Why was everything deleted? It's like someone's actively trying to kill this forum. There's nowhere for general discussion aside from a Rockford thread, which the average fan isn't aware enough about to talk about anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Why was everything deleted? It's like someone's actively trying to kill this forum. There's nowhere for general discussion aside from a Rockford thread, which the average fan isn't aware enough about to talk about anyway.
    I've been busy, got caught up in the middle of creating the pre-season thread.

Calm down, champ- I've got the first GDT up now!
    Last edited by blams; 10-02-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Click here to register!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123