Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rockford Icehogs Prospects/etc

Post/Discuss the hogs here.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Anybody going to prospect camp?

I went Sunday to see Team C, had a chance to talk to Trevor Mingoia afterwards. Pretty cool nice guy, he told us what their day was like. He got up around 530, had them getting ready and put them all through fitness and performance tests. Said they did two different bike fitness tests and about half the guys threw up. Said they're staying at the JW. Watched from around 11-12:30. They ran some really cool drills (first hockey practice I've watched). Schmultz stood out the most, his skills make everyone around him better, great handles, smooth skater, accurate, not that hard but hard enough shot, in ever 2 on 1 or 2 on 2 he was paired with some no name player and make everything look beautiful.

Other wise my favorite groups to watch when they had 2 on 1/2 on 2 drills was Hinostroza and Hartman, and Anthony Louis & Tyler Motte. Those pairings were making magic out there. Hinostroza and Louis we by far the best skaters, Gustav Forsling is a really good skater as well. Thought Schmultz would be a better skater. But Hartman looked really polished and so does Hinostroza. One player who stood out a lot was Nolan Valleau. Guy is working hard to make the AHL, but he looked really good. Otherwise I had my eye on Hartman, Motte, Schmaltz, Hinostroza, Gustav Forsling and all looked as good as advertised

On a side note, with a helmet on Forsling looks like a grown *** man and a little like Toews in the face. No helmet, he looks like an over grown 16 year old with a baby face.

Disappointment, Kempny was not there or atleast not when I was there.

Pretty awesome to see everything that we saw. No practice but they all looked great. Louis, Valleau, and Hayden made me take notice and I had no idea who they were before. Fun ****, and Bowman was there in full suit of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jabears85 View Post
    I went Sunday to see Team C, had a chance to talk to Trevor Mingoia afterwards. Pretty cool nice guy, he told us what their day was like. He got up around 530, had them getting ready and put them all through fitness and performance tests. Said they did two different bike fitness tests and about half the guys threw up. Said they're staying at the JW. Watched from around 11-12:30. They ran some really cool drills (first hockey practice I've watched). Schmultz stood out the most, his skills make everyone around him better, great handles, smooth skater, accurate, not that hard but hard enough shot, in ever 2 on 1 or 2 on 2 he was paired with some no name player and make everything look beautiful.

Other wise my favorite groups to watch when they had 2 on 1/2 on 2 drills was Hinostroza and Hartman, and Anthony Louis & Tyler Motte. Those pairings were making magic out there. Hinostroza and Louis we by far the best skaters, Gustav Forsling is a really good skater as well. Thought Schmultz would be a better skater. But Hartman looked really polished and so does Hinostroza. One player who stood out a lot was Nolan Valleau. Guy is working hard to make the AHL, but he looked really good. Otherwise I had my eye on Hartman, Motte, Schmaltz, Hinostroza, Gustav Forsling and all looked as good as advertised

On a side note, with a helmet on Forsling looks like a grown *** man and a little like Toews in the face. No helmet, he looks like an over grown 16 year old with a baby face.

Disappointment, Kempny was not there or atleast not when I was there.

Pretty awesome to see everything that we saw. No practice but they all looked great. Louis, Valleau, and Hayden made me take notice and I had no idea who they were before. Fun ****, and Bowman was there in full suit of course.

Thanks for the update. I'm most looking forward to seeing the guys who are getting close to the NHL- Kempny, Schmaltz, Motte, Hartman, Hinostroza, Forsling, and Hayden. I'm hoping Hartman can really impress and fill the Shaw role. He can play any forward spot, so that's a plus. He didn't look like nearly the aggressive checker that Shaw was when I saw him play, but that may come with time and added strength.

Aside from Kempny, I could see as many as 3 of those names listed above making the team with Motte, Hartman, and Schmaltz being my favorites of the group.

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Thank you for the report, Jabears85. Very much appreciated.

I feel like we're going to see a lot of these prospects at some point during the season, regardless of who makes the opening night roster. My gut tells me Hartman and Schmaltz make the opening night roster. We'll see Hinostroza at some point this year. Probably Motte as well. We will see Tanner Kero again.

Forsling says he's going to Sweden if he doesn't make the roster. Assuming that van Riemsdyk will be on the 3rd pairing and Rozsival is the 7th man, that would only leave one spot with it almost certainly going to Kempny. If Forsling impresses that much, I suppose trading/waiving van Riemsdyk is an option? However, I doubt that happens and I fully expect Kempny/van Riemsdyk to be our 3rd pairing with Rozsival stepping in as needed.

One guy that I have a lot of hope for and would appreciate any of you who stop by camp watching out for is Graham Knott. He's only 19, but he's a good looking player on the left side.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Thank you for the report, Jabears85. Very much appreciated.

I feel like we're going to see a lot of these prospects at some point during the season, regardless of who makes the opening night roster. My gut tells me Hartman and Schmaltz make the opening night roster. We'll see Hinostroza at some point this year. Probably Motte as well. We will see Tanner Kero again.

Forsling says he's going to Sweden if he doesn't make the roster. Assuming that van Riemsdyk will be on the 3rd pairing and Rozsival is the 7th man, that would only leave one spot with it almost certainly going to Kempny. If Forsling impresses that much, I suppose trading/waiving van Riemsdyk is an option? However, I doubt that happens and I fully expect Kempny/van Riemsdyk to be our 3rd pairing with Rozsival stepping in as needed.

One guy that I have a lot of hope for and would appreciate any of you who stop by camp watching out for is Graham Knott. He's only 19, but he's a good looking player on the left side.
    Yea Knott was a 2nd round pick right? Super interested in him and he's a similar player to Motte.

I think we see a lot of Kero, Hartman, Hayden, Motte, Schmultz, & Hinostroza.

Mostly Schmultz honestly and I think Hinostroza impresses the most and gets the 2nd most playing time. I think that because when ever they were doing board battle drills he constantly won, and he made it look so easy. He was by far the most impressive at winning board battles. He did it quick and effective

But at the same time everyone looked good. Cuz it was like they had 6'4 pound Dmen trying to murder then. I would love to see a scrimmage

Kero takes pride in his ability to win draws and plays a defense first style of hockey. In a perfect world, he'd be our mainstay 4th line C at the end of the season after a Kruger trade.

I love Kempny's beard. Has nothing to do with his abilities but I'm a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I love Kempny's beard. Has nothing to do with his abilities but I'm a fan.

Tell that to Brent Burns. Long live Kempny's beard!

Tell that to Brent Burns. Long live Kempny's beard!
    I am actually genuinely excited to see Kempny play though. I think he can be a big piece of our blue line if he can be an Oduya-lite type of contributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I am actually genuinely excited to see Kempny play though. I think he can be a big piece of our blue line if he can be an Oduya-lite type of contributor.
    I hope. It would be nice to have a steady presence on the 3rd pairing again.

Do you play Campbell with Seabrook or Hammer this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabears85 View Post
    Do you play Campbell with Seabrook or Hammer this year?

I'd pair him with Seabrook, with Hjalmarsson and Keith as the top pairing. I like having Seabrook and Keith split. Seabrook's possession numbers were bad last year. Campbell's were excellent. I know he was with Hjalmarsson almost exclusively last time he was here, but I think he's a perfect partner for Seabrook now.

Also wanted to add this in, Campbell is a fluid skater who gets pucks out of his zone. I have a feeling that the declining possession numbers for Seabrook are at least somewhat indicative of who he is at this age and not just an exceptionally poor year in terms of skating pucks out. That means you've got a possession/puck mover on both pairs (Keith, Campbell). Seabrook is still a damn good defenseman, but I think Campbell naturally makes him better this year.

Also wanted to add this in, Campbell is a fluid skater who gets pucks out of his zone. I have a feeling that the declining possession numbers for Seabrook are at least somewhat indicative of who he is at this age and not just an exceptionally poor year in terms of skating pucks out. That means you've got a possession/puck mover on both pairs (Keith, Campbell). Seabrook is still a damn good defenseman, but I think Campbell naturally makes him better this year.
    Yeah I think we see a great all around year from Seabs. Mostly on the defensive side since he can focus more on that instead of trying to be a puck mover (which really isn't his game anyway). He should play off of Campbell really well and I also think that will result in better point production.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast