Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 yearly GT

Another poor base running/terrible luck play with 1st and 3rd with none out

Plus Franco's mistake, ugh!!

At least we got Scherzer out early

That's coaching. No reason to make all these mental mistakes. Only 3 successful sacrifice bunts by pitchers this year too. The little things. All in all they are playing better than any of us would have thought. Long year though. Already lost one starter. Gotta see if Morgan can show him self ready.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

It's amazing that they've made so many mental mistakes this year, have very little talent, and they are still playing .500 baseball. I don't think it will continue but its still very nice to see.

Charlie Morton will have surgery Monday on torn left hamstring. His season is finished. http://atmlb.com/1YTSG5z

https://twitter.com/ToddZolecki/stat...67832935018496

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Kinda a bummer about Morton. I was hoping he could pitch well so they could deal him at the deadline for a prospect. I can't imagine he's back next year with his option either.

Sweeping the Nat's is nice

We just swept the Nats LMAO

- I love Ray Lewis.

Ryan Howard walk off

Where is sexicano when we need him

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Ryan Howard walk off

Where is sexicano when we need him
    Word on tha streets is that we are trading a day old steak sándwich For KK to solidify our starting pitching

The Phillies pitching has been pretty impressive so far and that includes the bullpen. After a rocky start against the Reds and a couple of bad games pitching batting practice to the Mets and Nats this team's pitching has been great. They are also piling up the K's.

At some point the outfield needs to be addressed. They are more than competitive right now despite atrocious hitting from bourjos and whoever else on the other side. Lough at least has shown something. How bourjos and Burris are still major leaguers blows my mind. Awful. Bullpen overall has been awesome since that first week. Honestly we'd be in first place if they pitched like this to start. I know in the end attrition will balance them back into a below .500 team but this is much more watchable. Also ruf sucks. I'd rather see if Joseph could play some first than watch ruf choke on another bases loaded opportunity.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Word on tha streets is that we are trading a day old steak sándwich For KK to solidify our starting pitching
    Morgan was rolling until that 5th inning hiccup.
    Give the kid a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Morgan was rolling until that 5th inning hiccup.
    Give the kid a chance!
    It was a joke bro, I like Morgan, he is our only lefty starter we have. (happy late 4/20)

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    At some point the outfield needs to be addressed. They are more than competitive right now despite atrocious hitting from bourjos and whoever else on the other side. Lough at least has shown something. How bourjos and Burris are still major leaguers blows my mind. Awful. Bullpen overall has been awesome since that first week. Honestly we'd be in first place if they pitched like this to start. I know in the end attrition will balance them back into a below .500 team but this is much more watchable. Also ruf sucks. I'd rather see if Joseph could play some first than watch ruf choke on another bases loaded opportunity.
    I agree with absolutely everything posted here.

- I love Ray Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    I miss him

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast