Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    couple of notes since our last update. Bolomboy got a 1 million dollar guarantee on his contract which was weird till today we find out that pliess has been traded. we used to 2nd rounders and some cash to get it done, but it saves us some cap space which can be used to extend favors or hill, or we can just it next year.

So do we keep Marshall? That kinda gives us a complete log jam at PG with Hill, Exum, Mack, Neto, and Marshall.

no, marshall is non guaranteed and he will be cut. I thought pliess' contract was stupid when we gave it to him, but I am sure it took that much for him to come over. I was curious why they were so eager to bring him over because everything that I read said he wasn't even that good in europe.

He's cut. Was pretty much dead weight anyway. Thank you sixers for saving us some mulah.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

http://www.slcdunk.com/2016/8/27/126...marshall-76ers
    Good read on the whole Tibor/ Marshall trade

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

I don't think Tibor was an NBA talent. We saved a bunch of cap space over the next few years on this move. Second round picks are not worth much anymore. Especially multiple second round picks in the same year.

This is obviously done so we can extend and renegotiate Favors. I'm not thrilled with the idea of extending George Hill just yet. Let's see how he fits first before we commit a good part of our cap space on him.

I listen to the 1280 radio station online from work (in San Jose). And they were talking about Hill asking for 20 million a year, if he winds up costing that much we won't be able to afford him. IF Hill asks for that much, than this is my hope.
    1. Exum progresses through the playoffs and off-season enough to be close to a starter PG.
    2. Sign Deron Williams as a Starting/backup PG for our team. (As long as his salary remains under 10 million a year).

That's IF Exum progresses, if Exum doesn't progress I would be more than happy getting ride of Exum and picking up Hill's contract, meanwhile we could dump Mack's contract and keep Neto as a backup PG. I think that would be sufficient and that would work money wise.

i'm not surprised 20 is the going rate for hill's services. if we tie up a significant % of our payroll in a few players, we lose our depth. i'd be fine turning favors+mack+whoever else we don't play into hill, but 20 seems like a lot. gobert and hayward, imo, factor more into our success, so whatever we do with hill cannot be at the expense of either of those 2.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930