Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trumbo and Wieters are FAs after this year. With Joseph, Pena and Cisco in house, I can't see Wieters back. Trumbo may get more than we are willing to offer on the open market despite his past performance because power is at a premium in the league.

I disagree about trading Gausman. We have to keep him and Tillman. Right now, Ubaldo, Wright and Wilson are NOT MLB-ready starters. Bundy won't be stretched out in time, and Showalter has essentially admitted it. We just need two, preferably three, league average starters. I would look towards the Padres and see if there is a way we can get Ross and Cashner.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Trumbo and Wieters are FAs after this year. With Joseph, Pena and Cisco in house, I can't see Wieters back. Trumbo may get more than we are willing to offer on the open market despite his past performance because power is at a premium in the league.

I disagree about trading Gausman. We have to keep him and Tillman. Right now, Ubaldo, Wright and Wilson are NOT MLB-ready starters. Bundy won't be stretched out in time, and Showalter has essentially admitted it. We just need two, preferably three, league average starters. I would look towards the Padres and see if there is a way we can get Ross and Cashner.
    From the way it sounded this past offseason, the only thing that could really net us another top of the rotation guy is Kevin Gausman. We have a thin farm system and not much else is appealing. If we could deal Gausman + prospects and land a starter I would definitely consider making the deal. Obviously it would depend on the player we would be receiving, but our line up is pretty solid as well as our bullpen. It is always the same story with our pitching so I feel it's time to make a move.

Also, I would be interested in the O's kicking the tires on Sonny Gray. He has been one of the best pitchers in the AL since he made it to the bigs, but he has struggled so far this season. This may decrease his value as far as trading goes. I think a nice turn around on a contending team could help him, not to mention the wonders Dave Wallace has been able to work with our rotation. A rotation of Tillman/Gray/Gallardo/Gausman/Wright would be fairly solid.

For Gray, it would likely take Cisco and Harvey, and I think other teams would be able to offer more. I really think we are stuck with trying to add an impact starter. I would love Gray, but he has also really struggled and it might take more than a month with Dave Wallace to fix him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12