Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2016 Orioles GDT

The season started off with a sweep of the Twins. Crush already has a home run, Joey Rickard hit his first career home run tonight and is off to a great start (already has his own chant) and Dylan Bundy pitched an inning without his arm falling off.

Here's to a great season, and I'd love to see some of you guys back here discussing it.

Great to see our lineup hit four home runs off Chris Archer, including one from Joey Rickard. Great win last night

In one inning we saw what the Orioles lineup can do if everything clicks. 5 runs off of Price. 2 singles, a walk, a HBP and a HR.

I think Rickard can stick in this lineup. It's not like this was an overnight thing. He's been producing since last year in the minors, in the offseason, in spring training and now in the MLB. He adds a dynamic to the lineup that it needs. A disciplined contact hitter at the top of the lineup to set things up for the big power swing and miss guys.

All of this without Adam Jones, too.

Honestly, I could also see JJ Hardy, if his bat is as bad as last year, being a part-time player. I think we saw that with Buck putting Manny at short, and Flaherty at 3B. Last year with full-time plate appearances through May, Flaherty was hitting pretty well.

We've done a great job against Price, but we also did the same to Chris Archer and Chris Davis launched the game-winning home run yesterday off Craig Kimbrel.

Then today, Trumbo hits another Trumbomb, this time out of the stadium, and JJ Hardy hit two home runs, curving both around Pesky's Pole, and the bullpen coming together to hold the win. It's also nice to see Dylan Bundy pitching well, save for the Ortiz double.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    We've done a great job against Price, but we also did the same to Chris Archer and Chris Davis launched the game-winning home run yesterday off Craig Kimbrel.

Then today, Trumbo hits another Trumbomb, this time out of the stadium, and JJ Hardy hit two home runs, curving both around Pesky's Pole, and the bullpen coming together to hold the win. It's also nice to see Dylan Bundy pitching well, save for the Ortiz double.

You guys look good so far!

You might even get off on a 35-5 start and match the 84 Tigers or even beat the Yanks' 114-48 record back in 98.

You'll have an easy sweep in Boston! Hate the RedSux!

Buck's Birds are rolling!
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post

Bundy performing well and unharmed would be an intriguing development for the Orioles.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Bundy performing well and unharmed would be an intriguing development for the Orioles.
    I think they have eyes on him potentially starting this year, but him and Harvey are about the only trade chips we have to net anyone of value for a playoff run if it comes to that. Bundy is a huge x-factor though, in more ways than one.

We just turned a 5-4-6 double play

Chris Davis just hit a home run over the Green Monster off Joe Kelly

Still time left in today's game but I don't know if Buck could have managed his bullpen any worse today.

I can't wait for Matusz to come back

Also Trumbo is a really really really bad outfielder

McFarland doesn't need to be in those high leverage situations. Definitely need Matusz to come back, or even use Givens or O'Day against lefties, as they match up well against them too.

I agree about Trumbo in the outfield. Honestly, I feel that we should have put Davis in RF for the year, and put Trumbo at 1B. He's already at -4 DRS in 68 innings in RF, I can't think Davis would be any worse- in 253 RF innings last year, Davis was only -3

Pretty happy to come away taking two of three from Toronto. We played them close, but the luck seemed to go our way with the passed balls and our guys playings heads-up baseball.

Gallardo is disappointing right now, he got chased after the second inning and allowed four runs. TJ McFarland pitched very well over the next five innings to help save the bullpen. Tough loss to the Royals, but at least we saved the bullpen and help the Royals after Gallardo left.

We struggled on the last road trip a bit, but it's great to see the bats come alive against the White Sox so far. I was at the game yesterday, and it was a great atmosphere to be at despite the weather and more White Sox fans than usual. Working Carlos Rodon in the seventh inning was great to see.

This line up is one of the tops in the league, but the roatation is going to hinder the Orioles once again. Especially if you want to win in the playoffs, though they need to make it first. Every year we see offense take a back seat to pitching when the playoffs roll around. The Orioles have had one consistent starter all season in Tillman, the rest have been up and down. Jimenez is absolutely terrible and his contract will hinder the Orioles for years to come. Gausman has been ok, but at times he still seems like the young pitcher who has a long road ahead to meet his potential. I have been in favor of the Orioles making a trade for a long time, Gausman is their best shot at upgrading this rotation now. The line up the Orioles have is built to win now. Weiters will probably not be back after this year, Trumbo will want a pay increase, Manny is dues a huge contract in the near future. If they are going to win it has to be very soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast