Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Embedded videos

Embedded videos

Seriously, why not?

18-24 months ago Sports Illustrated posted a "rule" that each thread could have one video. What happened to that policy?
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

You would have to pull up that thread to verify, but from what I've been told, embedded images are only supposed to be done by mods/TMs for GDT's. I've heard server load cited for that, and I've posted on other vB forums that have required this rule as well.

Sorry I can't narrow that down any further for you.

To clarify - my question is about embedded videos.

Embedded videos do not affect server load. The videos are called from the originating server and stream from that server. No stress would be placed on PSD servers. If copyright is a concern, when people upload videos to publicly accessible streaming sites like youtube and vimeo they can set privacy preferences and whether to allow embedding or not.

There is literally no reason I can think of for not allowing embedding of videos. They do not compromise server load or copyright. People could post offensive content, but they can do that anyway since the embed feature is not locked down. I don't know when Sports Illustrator posted the one video per thread message. It was 18-24 months ago and your advanced Search feature has been broken for two to three years
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Seems like the videos would be a nice addition, but again I couldn't say from a technical standpoint on the impacts it could have.

So no feedback on this...

I am that Daddy Cool