Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fox, give us unbiased announcers for the NLCS and WS

Joe Buck and Tim McCarver both have ties to the Cardinals and they get to announce these games? Why. Its pretty crappy you can tell who theyre pulling for. If the cardinals come back, they won that game against the nat's when they were down big early, tryibg to get to their sixth ws in last x years...on and on.... Really? These two are not objective when the cardinals are involved, its sad. Get bob brenly and ron darling, cal ripken, etc so many other choices.
    Cubs Fan, Always.

That's about as bad as how mlb chose big racist like Jessie Jackson to host the civil rights game.

FEAR EL OSO BLANCO

I don't care if they are biased or not, just give us good announcers. Both Buck and McCarver (who somehow won an award for it) are absolutely terrible.

ummm clearly yolo

#QWiNNING

These two can't help but to slob the cardinals knob every chance they get, just listen to them the rest of the way, and tomorrow. I shouldn't be able to tell who they are pulling for.
    Cubs Fan, Always.

Funny how almost EVERYONE thinks Buck and McCarver are absolute trash yet they continue to do all the games. They piss me off even more than usual this series because you can clearly see a bias.

Quote Originally Posted by idrinkpepsi View Post
    I don't care if they are biased or not, just give us good announcers. Both Buck and McCarver (who somehow won an award for it) are absolutely terrible.
    Exactly.

They are horrible, but their bias isn't what makes them horrible. Their stupidity does.

Yeah just said chris carpenter had a tight strike zone, funny vogelsong didnt have any issues...
    Cubs Fan, Always.

Quote Originally Posted by justndav View Post
    Joe Buck and Tim McCarver both have ties to the Cardinals and they get to announce these games? Why. Its pretty crappy you can tell who theyre pulling for. If the cardinals come back, they won that game against the nat's when they were down big early, tryibg to get to their sixth ws in last x years...on and on.... Really? These two are not objective when the cardinals are involved, its sad. Get bob brenly and ron darling, cal ripken, etc so many other choices.
    How are these guys possible when they're under contract with another network?

FOX does two series - the NLCS and the World Series. They have their commentary team set no matter who plays in the games. I'm not sure why this is a huge deal.

Cal Ripken did the Orioles series. **** happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    How are these guys possible when they're under contract with another network?

FOX does two series - the NLCS and the World Series. They have their commentary team set no matter who plays in the games. I'm not sure why this is a huge deal.

Cal Ripken did the Orioles series. **** happens.
    And Cal did a great job because he's not a complete moron like the Fox idiots. I can't stand Joe Buck.

Doesn't fox use many different announcers during the season they could have on standby? Sure do. And Ripken was objective at least.
    Cubs Fan, Always.

Quote Originally Posted by nr19 View Post
    And Cal did a great job because he's not a complete moron like the Fox idiots. I can't stand Joe Buck.
    I didn't Cal was good at all, and he was clearly biased.

You can argue about McCarver and Buck being bad commentators, but I don't see the problem with the "bias"

These commentators are set in stone to do these series no matter who plays.

Quote Originally Posted by justndav View Post
    Doesn't fox use many different announcers during the season they could have on standby? Sure do. And Ripken was objective at least.
    Oh come on.

So if the Giants make the Super Bowl, and CBS is broadcasting it, Phil Simms and Jim Nantz shouldn't be doing commentary?

All these networks have their "A" teams, and their "A" teams are going to do their "A" games.

They pay Buck "A" team money. They pay their 2nd best play-by-play guy "B" team money. Why would the B guy do the A game, especially when that means you're going to have to pay him more?

And you cannot tell me that Ripken was blatantly biased towards the Orioles. When McLouth caught the final out against Texas, Cal was cheering for him to catch it
    Last edited by Driven; 10-21-2012 at 10:40 PM.

I watch with the sound down.

Well if theyre set in stone someone should talk to them about journalistic integrity as there are people from the other city watching the broadcast too.

Cal I thought was fair and unbiased.

I just think there are way better options than these two.
    Cubs Fan, Always.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast