Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 87 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1548
    I'm warming up on Bam too since it looks like we won't be in the lottery. I like his toughness and rebounding, but he'll be a project and very little help next season. Kind of like Thon this season.

Monte Morris would be nice 2nd rounder. I like Bacon, but would prefer a PG. Hoping and praying that Juwan Evans falls to us in the 2nd round. Reminds me of Kyle Lowry.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    I'm warming up on Bam too since it looks like we won't be in the lottery. I like his toughness and rebounding, but he'll be a project and very little help next season. Kind of like Thon this season.

Monte Morris would be nice 2nd rounder. I like Bacon, but would prefer a PG. Hoping and praying that Juwan Evans falls to us in the 2nd round. Reminds me of Kyle Lowry.
    I am warming to the idea of taking BPA regardless of need. I wouldn't mind Justin Jackson of UNC if Snell is going to be gone. Could come in and be a good fit. He's 6-8 and Bucks have such versatility with Giannis and Middleton that they could play the other spots. Midd could be SG, Jackson SF or vice versa. Then round 2 I was really impressed with Moses Kingsley of Arkansas. Could be sleeper pick and should still be there at 46 or in that range. I would prefer a PG but if this were the outcome I wouldn't mind keeping Delly/Brogdon playing the 1, but Bucks should try to find a FA PG like Holiday or Teague especially if Snell and Monroe leave.

More I think about it. We could get worse for next season. If Moose bolts. Yeesh. He's our spark plug for easy points in the paint off the bench. Then to let Snell walk or match whatever he gets which could be a over pay. But 3 and D wing, he will get a nice deal. Yet over pay but he could regress on his shooting percentage from beyond the arc.

Then like ya said. If front office realizes our weakness of our slow footed PG's. We did chase Teague once. Teague may think gee Buck did beat us a few times and have the tiebreaker and Bucks are playoffs. Especially if Moose bolts. Teague may get around $17M per. Then we have to hope we have a move to trade Delly. If Delly isn't moved and we land free agent PG for big money.

Then does Brogdon become primary back up SG? Also with all this going on, center be even worse with no Starting center or a decent replacement for Moose. Also factor in no Parker for about 50 games or until next year February. Yeah we will have Middleton back but still. So next summer we could have holes at center and back up center and back up wing and upgrade at PG all need fixing. Plus starting SG if Snell bolts. Unless Middleton slides back down to SG. Then Giannis to SF? Still will have a hole somewhere. I have to figure out the numbers if Moose bolts.

We can always sign Snell last and chase free agents first with capspace. Unless a team goes hard after Snell early. Then our free agency will get messed up if were forced to match him quickly before we get looking for a free agent first. Cause the trick to go over the cap is sign free agents first then sign our own last with Bird rights. Still curious how much cap we have if Moose and Hawes bolt.

Hibbert was traded. Besides no Plumlee. Oh and Giannis max contract kicks in next season. Cap next year is $102M and taxline is $122M for the league. Both dropped from earlier reports. Bucks are at $82M before options of Moose/Hawes decides and $111M if they stay. Also Snell pending RFA. Besides our draft picks signed. $40M? if we chase free agents and sign our own last. That doesn't seem right. But then again $8M to $10M is more less the new MLE. Average players getting like $15M now.

Be nice to land Teague at 3/$45M. Keep Jet for vet minimum of $1M or so. Be nice to keep Beasley. But open market I could see him easily getting $6M to $7M minimum per. Snell may very well get more then the what Middleton got with new CBA. It be lame if Snell gets $12M to $15M per. That $40M to the luxury taxline does look nice. But if Snell gets a early offer of $12M to $15M per.

Then we don't really have the right to go up into luxury tax. Since you have to sign others first before signing your own with Bird rights. So we would have to strike first for a big free agent. Say $15M to $17M per for Teague. Then if a team offers Snell $15M per. We could be at $30M or $32M with just them two guys. Then have to decide if Beasley takes less to fit in besides Jet and our draft picks. All the while not fixing our center position.

Then again I could see some center choosing us cause we could offer tons of minutes at center. Since if Moose and Hawes bolt. All we got is Henson and he isn't reliable. Then we have rookie Maker. He isn't ready for huge minutes. But the market for big's isn't much to choose from. I know some of you guys posted a tiny lists of some centers. But they have to come in dirt cheap.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 03-21-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Bird knows he is on the clock with George. The Lakers loom as a threat in free agency. The Pacers engaged at least the Celtics, Sixers, Hawks and Nuggets in trade talks for George at the deadline, though they never appeared serious about moving him, per league sources. (Bird has called the George rumors "fake news"). They explored trading Rodney Stuckey for a backup rim protector, including John Henson, sources say, and Bird will dangle Indy's first-round pick again this summer in search of veteran help. Bird has been aggressive trading picks for Luis Scola and Thaddeus Young.
    http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/i...indiana-pacers

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/03/...medium=twitter
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 03-21-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Rodney Stuckey $7,000,000 $7,000,000. I have this season salary as well. Next season player option. So even if he opted in still be $7M expiring.

John Henson $12,267,606 $11,422,536 $10,577,466 $9,732,396

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/milwaukee_bucks/

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/indiana_pacers/

We could of shed at least minimum of two years of Henson. Three years if Stuckey opted out. Could of then just went with Monroe, Hawes, Maker. But I suppose then the owners figured we lack depth at center for playoffs. Also Moose cant handle 40 minutes a night and Maker isn't ready. Could of kept Hibbert then for depth since he's a expiring anyway.

Just checked ESPN trade machine. Trade doesn't work of Henson for Stuckey. Stuckey/Allen for Henson works. Or maybe a third team would work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Just checked ESPN trade machine. Trade doesn't work of Henson for Stuckey. Stuckey/Allen for Henson works. Or maybe a third team would work as well.
    Stuckey/Seraphin for Henson would be cool for both teams. Bucks shed salary but Stuckey sucks. Bench body.

So everyone believes that Greg Monroe will opt out and leave, which certainly would be a substantial loss. It's not likely we are able to draft a Center to replace Monroes contributions. Instead of drafting a marginal Center, wouldn't we be better off trying to resign Spencer Hawes to pair with Henson and Maker to fill our void at Center? It would have to be a reasonable contract, but he seems to be able to contribute when he gets minutes. He's certainly a threat from deep to compliment Giannis and he's a good communicator on defense. Sure he's not the dominant rim protector that most of you guys want, but don't we have a top 10 rim protecting Center already on the team? I'm not talking about Henson. We should look to address the PF position in round 1 of the draft and play Giannis more minutes at the 5. Is there a more talented Center in the game than Giannis? Maybe we already have what everyone wants us to aquire.

I already suggested Giannis should be more point-center. Most likely next season for sure if Moose bolts. Then Parker gets the PF spot once he's back next year February.

Brogdon
    Snell
    Middleton
    Parker
    Giannis

I love the idea of going small and long but I'd bring in a good 3/4 who can rebound. I keep thinking of Rudy Gay, on a 1/2 year deal, he shouldn't break the bank after injury. I would also then acquire big solid defensive 5 for teams with good offensive centers. I'm on the let Snell walk side for now, but at the right price I do like him as a role player.

Brogdon
    Middleton
    Gay
    Parker
    Giannis

Then swap Gay for Maker (to play the 5) in 2 years.

I think Maker be better suited at PF for a while and Giannis at center down the road.

I would really like to see Jabari off the bench if Snell is retained. Maybe even if he wasn't. Jabari could be better version of Beasley. Come in and go all out and give some effort on D

I'm at a cross roads with Parker. I was a supporter. But guess GoPackgo87 kinda talked me into trading Parker in the right deal. I'd consider him dealt maybe to Jazz.

I'm very persuasive Miller lol.

Also with Giannis and Parker at SF/PF then with Middleton being a beast at SG/SF but mainly SF since Snell is at SG. Good chance we need a big man in a Parker trade. Middleton replaces Parker at SF. Also pending extension to Snell at SG. Since Moose may bolt. I'm trying to come up with some kind of trade of Parker to Jazz. Maybe something along the lines of Favors? They be the main pieces and maybe other pieces tossed in from both teams. Favors has like 1 more year on contract after this season. I think its like $12M.

Even up doesn't work on ESPN trade checker. Also both players injury-prone. Parker and Jazz choice of Henson/Delly/Telly for Favors and Diaw? We would shed future years since Diaw only has 1 more year on his deal and I believe partially unguaranteed. Not so sure Jazz would do that though. Favors tends to play better at center then PF but Jazz also have Gobert at center. So Jazz really cant afford to extend Favors to be a back up center. Yeah he can play PF but twin towers doesn't seem to work well in Utah.

Brogdon, Snell, Middleton, Giannis, Favors.

Heck we may get lucky and pry some other decent piece back as well with Favors. Also a chance Hayward may bolt to Celtics.

Page 87 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast