Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... LastLast

Post Free Agency, Trade Ideas, Rumors V.6

Time to start a new thread. Other one had like 2300 posts and trade deadline is over. Last we heard was Bucks talked about Rubio, Martin and big man Howard. But we held strong for lottery in a weak draft.

Shocked we were linked to Howard at the buzzer. Had to be low ball offer like Henson, Mayo, Vasquez. That's all I would of offered. Salaries still wouldn't of been close. Since Henson on last year of rookie deal with new deal kicks in next season.

Free Agency - We need 5 players including our draft picks, so at least 2 free agents and have about 20 Mil to spend. I'd say resign Bayless on a low end 3 year deal if possible and take a shot at Ryan Anderson. No real Pg options might want to sign Vasquez again.

Yeah I see Kidd bringing Bayless back for sure. Curious what we do with that $20M +. Mayo? RFA Plumlee? Vasquez? Copeland? Delly RFA. But Cavs probably match. Talk with Wolves about Rubio this summer? Teague this summer? Holiday? Be the usual suspects most likely. Also with that $20M it be easier for trades. Can absorb some salary.

Kevin Martin would have been a good help. We must be intending to get Vaughn worked in more in the 2nd half. I want no part of Rubio, Holiday, or Teague around here. Their maximum potential is already reached, we know what they are and have to pay top dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Kevin Martin would have been a good help. We must be intending to get Vaughn worked in more in the 2nd half. I want no part of Rubio, Holiday, or Teague around here. Their maximum potential is already reached, we know what they are and have to pay top dollar.
    We don't need to always go for players with unlimited potential, but can't play yet. I agree with no Rubio, Holiday isn't available if we wanted him, but Teague would make a huge difference on this team. He shoots from the outside fairly well, he's a true professional Pg, something we haven't really had in a long time. Most importantly for us is he's great at setting the pace and with our young forwards, the faster the pace the better for us, getting into our offense before the other teams defense is set.

Kevin Martin is a waste on our team. Vaughn has shown improvement lately and occasionally has added a spark, like in the Heat game. I'm fine with Vaughn being our 2nd unit SG unless we can get a combo player capable of playing 2 positions, preferably Pg/Sg but even Sg/SF. We let Parker play all those minutes and trash our season. Lets not ruin it now, we need to let Vaughn play out the season.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 02-19-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Dream offseason

Trade Monroe to Pelicans for Holiday and Pondexter

Sign Hassan Whiteside to max deal.

MCW becomes combo guard/6th man. Henson backup C. Vaughn, Inglis, Pondexter/Draft picks compete for remaining minutes.

Not sure i'd want Whiteside. Heat actually player better when he's off the floor.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/woj-re...195625908.html

Owners deny Kidd of massive Pelicans trade per WOJ bomb. Lottery pick? Holiday? Anderson? Monroe out?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/video/woj-re...195625908.html

Owners deny Kidd of massive Pelicans trade per WOJ bomb. Lottery pick? Holiday? Anderson? Monroe out?
    That doesn't sound good. WOJ definitely knows his stuff. The deal likely included Holiday and Monroe. My guess is Kidd wasn't a huge fan of the Monroe deal and he's souring on MCW.

Funny thing is, I probably would've been in favor of the deal. Continued improvement from Giannis and Jabari could make Monroe's scoring and rebounding less necessary, in which a combination of Henson and a guy like Plumlee could make a lot of sense.

It's also possible ownership denied it because of the message it would send to future free agents.

Well it's Kidd's fault since he most likely he wanted MCW.

Lawson near buyout with Rockets. Curious if we make a move? Test drive to see if he fits our system? If not let him expire on vet minimum and look elsewhere this summer. Instead of waiting till summer to chase him.

The Dwight Howard rumblings are continueing beyond the trade deadline. Howard really wanted to come to Milwaukee and we are now one of the favorites to sign him to a max free agent deal per reports.

Signing Howard to a max contract would delay extending Giannis and Jabari and we'd have to free up a little more cap room as well. Can't imagine that we'd keep Monroe and Henson both if we signed Howard and could see us trading both in the off season if we were to sign Howard.

Not a big Howard fan, but his style fits much better than Monroe as he is a good to great defender and a much more useable pick and roll player. Hopefully he would realize that just because he's the highest paid player on the team, wouldn't mean he is the 1st option on the offensive end of the court.

Not a fan of Howard either. But if he wants to come here. Then we can always trade Monroe for assets. Probably have to trade Henson as well if Howard getting $30M per. Still need a upgrade at PG. Worried it end up as some sign and trade from Rockets though. Even though we would have the cap almost. Monroe for Holiday and pick swaps for us? Holiday isn't exciting but little upgrade over MCW. Then trade MCW or have him as 6th man yet. Maybe trade Henson yet. Not sure what to do with Plumlee. If a team out bids us let him walk by renouncing him.

Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... LastLast