Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Krazy Talk II: A King Whooligun Joint.

A continuation of the most awesome and successful thread in PSD History.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...fs-hate-us-etc

We left off with Vegas raking in 92% of the SB profits for the past 25 years.

hahaha one day we are gonna pass the # of OTTs

Marketability Rating = 0

lol yep for sure.

The host on 97.1 (Karsch) was quick to dismiss that stat by mentioning the juice as the reason why they always win. This definitely does contribute some, but not to the extent where oddsmakers profit 92% of the time. He went on to say that if theres equal money on both sides, that naturally the oddsmakers would profit cause of said juice. If that were the case it would be true...however, thats where the misconception lies. There is NOT equal money bet on these games. Its supposed to be the purpose of the pointspread, but many times, such as the this year, Vegas purposely slants it to get more bets on one side. People like that need to open their eyes and stop being naive!

I remember in college this past season, there was laughable spread where USC, who was 3-4 at the time...was made a 3 point favorite over highly ranked and undefeated Utah. Now how in the holy **** would an oddsmaker think that spread would produce equal betting. Perfect example of a slanted and shady spread. Of course USC went on to blow Utah out and leaving the masses broke and bewildered as they bet their rent on a "sure thing".
    Last edited by Jack_Gordon; 02-04-2016 at 01:50 PM.

Even though the betting has evened out a little more I still think smart money is on the Broncos +6 or whatever. No real feelings on the O/U, I tend to agree with you guys that maybe Vegas throws a bone there but there is more money by % of bets on the over than there is on the Panthers on the spread.

In any case, I wouldn't hesitate to put at least something on the moneyline for Broncs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post
    The host on 97.1 (Karsch) was quick to dismiss that stat by mentioning the juice as the reason why they always win. This definitely does contribute some, but not to the extent where oddsmakers profit 92% of the time. He went on to say that if theres equal money on both sides, that naturally the oddsmakers would profit cause of said juice. If that were the case it would be true...however, thats where the misconception lies. There is NOT equal money bet on these games. Its supposed to be the purpose of the pointspread, but many times, such as the this year, Vegas purposely slants it to get more bets on one side. People like that need to open their eyes and stop being naive!

I remember in college this past season, there was laughable spread where USC, who was 3-4 at the time...was made a 3 point favorite over highly ranked and undefeated Utah. Now how in the holy **** would an oddsmaker think that spread would produce equal betting. Perfect example of a slanted and shady spread. Of course USC went on to blow Utah out and leaving the masses broke and bewildered as they bet their rent on a "sure thing".
    What else is crazy is the over being changed to a flat 45 points. That screams push. It's insane how a half a point can make such a big difference for me. At 44.5 it was enough to make me go all-in on the over as I still stand by my 27-18 Denver victory, however, I'm not going to bet into a push. I'd take Denver clean but I would not touch the O/U now since my prediction would result in a push. My 20-18 before Denver's pick-6 would illicit a lot of action on both the over AND the under resulting in a massive amount of money lost by both sides of the fence. I'd bet Denver clean. We don't even need the points, we just need more HGH and ridiculous story of dude's putting their nuts on other dudes' faces.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Even though the betting has evened out a little more I still think smart money is on the Broncos +6 or whatever. No real feelings on the O/U, I tend to agree with you guys that maybe Vegas throws a bone there but there is more money by % of bets on the over than there is on the Panthers on the spread.

In any case, I wouldn't hesitate to put at least something on the moneyline for Broncs.
    Yeah, the % gap is starting to close , that makes me a little nervous lol...hopefully it starts to go back up. I'd have to think though, that although the % of bets on the over may be higher than the % of Carolina spread bets....that the amount of money being bet on those is astronomically different. So even though that Carolina % may be lower, the money is still way higher than the over bets. I have nothing to base this on, just an inclination that the majority of people place their dollars on a team...and just maybe something smaller on the over/under, if they even bet it at all. At least i would think the more casual betters for sure probably dont bother with the over/under for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    What else is crazy is the over being changed to a flat 45 points. That screams push. It's insane how a half a point can make such a big difference for me. At 44.5 it was enough to make me go all-in on the over as I still stand by my 27-18 Denver victory, however, I'm not going to bet into a push. I'd take Denver clean but I would not touch the O/U now since my prediction would result in a push. My 20-18 before Denver's pick-6 would illicit a lot of action on both the over AND the under resulting in a massive amount of money lost by both sides of the fence. I'd bet Denver clean. We don't even need the points, we just need more HGH and ridiculous story of dude's putting their nuts on other dudes' faces.
    I agree, that 45 feels very fishy. I can totally see a push coming out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post
    I agree, that 45 feels very fishy. I can totally see a push coming out of this.
    and 4+5= 9.

and 4+5= 9.
    Lol how into numerology are you? I dated a chick about 10 years ago that was really into it, she was always telling me stuff but I barely recall listening to her about it. I was extraordinarily cynical then and still am but I do tend to find it more interesting now that I'm older.

If there are conspiracies I bet these people have some sort of obsession with digits - hell even I do. Plus the more you read about Fibonacci numbers, DNA sequencing, etc. the more you realize that at some level you could say you're just a bunch of digits and if they do repeat somehow it needn't be a conscious thing (like cultists obsessed with symbolism/numbers etc.).

and 4+5= 9.
    Nice! lol. You may have to post your list of everything 9 related in here again, in case it hits. We are never going to find it in that other thread haha

Gary Kubiak's age - 54...5+4=9. Finally figured out why he was hired

Also his 9th season as a head coach
    Last edited by Jack_Gordon; 02-04-2016 at 03:42 PM.

I love that this thread gets so much love from outside the Lions members, great stuff. As far as the numbers crap, you can find a connection in everything, just gotta look hard enough. Just don't look too hard RB#20, might end up like Jim Carrey in Number 23

Oakland and Houston are set to play a 2016 game in Mexico City, Mexico......Rivera and the Panthers have to win this SB right? Increase that hispanic/spanish interest and viewership.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Lol how into numerology are you? I dated a chick about 10 years ago that was really into it, she was always telling me stuff but I barely recall listening to her about it. I was extraordinarily cynical then and still am but I do tend to find it more interesting now that I'm older.

If there are conspiracies I bet these people have some sort of obsession with digits - hell even I do. Plus the more you read about Fibonacci numbers, DNA sequencing, etc. the more you realize that at some level you could say you're just a bunch of digits and if they do repeat somehow it needn't be a conscious thing (like cultists obsessed with symbolism/numbers etc.).
    lol I guess I've always been mildly interested in the different numerologies out there, but my sister got me into creative numerology more recently. I think it's pretty interesting.

Flea, do you still post in the NBA Forum? I haven't been there in years.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I love that this thread gets so much love from outside the Lions members, great stuff. As far as the numbers crap, you can find a connection in everything, just gotta look hard enough. Just don't look too hard RB#20, might end up like Jim Carrey in Number 23

Oakland and Houston are set to play a 2016 game in Mexico City, Mexico......Rivera and the Panthers have to win this SB right? Increase that hispanic/spanish interest and viewership.
    Yeah you can pretty much find connections to any number, especially if you do it after the fact. Like after the game saying "no wonder Carolina won by 1, its Cam's number!" lol. But RB20 has made a pretty strong case for a 9 point win, including his score which makes sense....if this hits Im gonna say no way is it just a coincidence!

As for that game, theyve already got the hype cause of Deportes showing the Super Bowl! I dont think it matters who wins
    Last edited by Jack_Gordon; 02-04-2016 at 03:59 PM.

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast