Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Harrison Smith - DB - Vikings
    Contract-year FS Harrison Smith is expected to seek at least $9 million annually on an extension.
    With free agency basically over, the Vikings are focusing on the draft and are expected to begin negotiations with Smith on a long-term pact. Only five safeties make at least $9 million annually, but Smith should be the next. He was Pro Football Focus' No. 2 overall safety last season despite missing time with a hamstring injury. He has 12 interceptions in four seasons.
    Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune Mar 25 - 12:39 PM

I think it's expected we will work something out this off season, 9 per year seems very reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Harrison Smith - DB - Vikings
    Contract-year FS Harrison Smith is expected to seek at least $9 million annually on an extension.
    With free agency basically over, the Vikings are focusing on the draft and are expected to begin negotiations with Smith on a long-term pact. Only five safeties make at least $9 million annually, but Smith should be the next. He was Pro Football Focus' No. 2 overall safety last season despite missing time with a hamstring injury. He has 12 interceptions in four seasons.
    Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune Mar 25 - 12:39 PM

I think it's expected we will work something out this off season, 9 per year seems very reasonable.
    I would have guessed he would want way more.
    Take your pants off

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    I would have guessed he would want way more.
    I was thinking like 11 million per year myself, at 9 we should lock him up ASAP.

Charles Johnson - WR - Vikings

Vikings WR Charles Johnson says he was affected by his broken rib for nearly six weeks last season.
    Johnson suffered the injury, which wasn't previously known to be a break, in Week 3. He says he didn't feel like himself again until Week 8. "You can't sneeze, you can't move, laughing hurts," Johnson said. Johnson was tabbed as a breakout player last season, but instead cratered after turning heads down the stretch in 2014. We love Johnson's physical skills, but even with Mike Wallace no longer in the picture, his upside is limited in Minnesota's run-obsessed attack.
    rotoworld
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

We play on Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    We play on Thanksgiving
    Dang, I usually refuse to watch thanksgiving games. Now im at a moral crossroads.

Week 1 at TEN

Week 2, home opener against GB on Sunday Night Football.
    Time for some hootenanny.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    Week 1 at TEN

Week 2, home opener against GB on Sunday Night Football.
    That will be an amazing game...

Rotoworld ranked all of the NFL GMs and our very own Rick Spielman finished in the top 10.

9. Rick Spielman, Vikings
    Last Yearís Ranking: 15

Rick Spielman has made a lot of mistakes in 10 years on the job in Minnesota. Not all of them, such as drafting Matt Kalil, were his fault. Others, like acquiring Mike Wallace and reaching for Christian Ponder, were. But heís earned the right to make those mistakes by typically keeping his team within striking distance of a deep playoff run. From his daring pursuit of Brett Favre to his level-headed hiring of Mike Zimmer, Spielman has proven open to any course of action when it comes to making his team better. Spielmanís boldness has produced the occasional Ponder, but also made the Vikings the only NFC North team besides the Packers to win multiple division titles since Barack Obama became president in 2008. All the while, Spielman has been one of the leagueís best drafters, giving him breathing room in free agency. For as bad as Ponder was, Spielmanís roster was good enough to make the playoffs with him under center in 2012. Spielman isnít perfect, but he isnít whatís standing between the Vikings and the first Super Bowl title in franchise history.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...-best-gms-2016
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Was just about to post that VCU ^^^...he's starting to get some respect and rightfully so. He just has not been able to find a QB, until Teddy. Like they said, a team lead by ponder made the playoffs. That speaks for itself. Of course he has made bad moves like Kalil and Patterson but not one person could argue with taking Kalil at the time. Patterson was perhaps a gamble but one we perhaps needed to make. Mike Wallace deal was a wash...we took a gamble and didn't have to give much up besides $$. I think Rick and Zim are going to be doing this thing for a long time!!!

Xavier Rhodes - DB - Vikings
    May 2 - 11:01 AM

Vikings exercised CB Xavier Rhodes' fifth-year option for 2017.

Minnesota also activated DT Sharrif Floyd's option, but it appears as if they declined the option for WR/KR Cordarrelle Patterson. After an excellent 2014, Rhodes struggled with penalties and inconsistent play last season before coming on down the stretch. The Vikings will hope he takes a step forward this year. The option will pay Rhodes $8.026 million in 2017.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sharrif Floyd - DL - Vikings

May 2 - 10:55 AM
    Vikings exercised DT Sharrif Floyd's fifth-year option for 2017.

The option is worth $6.76 million. Despite injury issues the last two seasons, Floyd has become one of the most effective tackles in the league. If he can put together a healthy season, he should be looking at a hefty extension.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

^ no brainer moves. Hopefully Sharrif can stay healthy and Xavier puts it together for an entire season.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Nice, albeit expected moves. Our team is so loaded with young talent I can't get over it. Except for when I was young watching the team in the late 80's/early 90's and a few years of getting our roll on....we have always been mostly a team going on a 1-3 year plan of more vets than needed including qb, and then retool. No longer! And it's pretty damn awesome.
    Time for some hootenanny.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    Nice, albeit expected moves. Our team is so loaded with young talent I can't get over it. Except for when I was young watching the team in the late 80's/early 90's and a few years of getting our roll on....we have always been mostly a team going on a 1-3 year plan of more vets than needed including qb, and then retool. No longer! And it's pretty damn awesome.
    I totally agree. I became a fan in 98 and I think this is easily the best we have been set up for long term. We are stacked with young talent. Teddy, Treadwell, Diggs, and Rudolph on offense. Floyd, Hunter, Barr, Kendricks, Rhodes, and Smith on defense. So many building blocks. We should be a force for the foreseeable future.

89 here...big fan of Walker lol. I agree though, the talent is one of the best in the league. So far our staff has done a great job of developing. Just need our OL to step up and Teddy to continue to grow which I think he will. All of that is moot without OL and WR play so lets hope they can step up!

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast