Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Shurmur likely wants to be a head coach more than just extra money. I don't think there is any chance we get to keep him. As for Case, I think its a 50/50 thing.
    Yep you are right...if his heart wasn't into being a HC he wouldn't have interviewed. He will be gone and I agree that it will be a 50/50 with Case. I think the FO will come up with a number and if that offer isn't accepted they will move on to Teddy. Just my hunch but I think a lot of it will depend on how he does in the playoffs.

Shurmur's only shot at HC thus far was with the Browns, I believe.....which doesn't really count.
    So unless he's willing to be a higher paid Asst HC/OC he's gone

Oddly enough, at this point, I'm less concerned about losing Pat than Case....but would Case stay knowing the team likely wants Teddy to be the starter? If I'm Case....never a better chance to get a big paycheck AND be the likely starter without looking over my shoulder, I follow Pat to a place like Arizona, where they'd quite likely not draft a QB they expect to start right away. Beating out Stanton would be like outrunning my grandmother.

UNLESS...they opt to let Teddy go instead!
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Case Keenum wrote an article for the Players Tribune:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/ca...ings-playoffs/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Shurmur's only shot at HC thus far was with the Browns, I believe.....which doesn't really count.
    So unless he's willing to be a higher paid Asst HC/OC he's gone

Oddly enough, at this point, I'm less concerned about losing Pat than Case....but would Case stay knowing the team likely wants Teddy to be the starter? If I'm Case....never a better chance to get a big paycheck AND be the likely starter without looking over my shoulder, I follow Pat to a place like Arizona, where they'd quite likely not draft a QB they expect to start right away. Beating out Stanton would be like outrunning my grandmother.

UNLESS...they opt to let Teddy go instead!
    The one thing I do know...if Pat goes to AZ, one of our QB's will go with him. Just not sure which one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Case Keenum wrote an article for the Players Tribune:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/ca...ings-playoffs/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Gave me goosebumps man. So happy for Case and he seems like a genuine man. I believe in Case, I believe in this team, now lets go take care of those damn Saints!

I become a bigger Keenum fan on a daily basis anymore
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

2017 Vikings Small News Thread (News of players with no threads)

Was just posted in the main forum, looks like Giants expected to go for shurmur as their next head coach

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Was just posted in the main forum, looks like Giants expected to go for shurmur as their next head coach
    I wasnt really impressed with him yesterday, before the Minneapolis Miracle i was placing the blame on him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I dont think i am too excited about this prediction but if Shurmur does leave for the giants, I am thinking our next offensive coordinator will be mike mularky... I believe Zim when first hired originally tried to get mike as our OC before ending up going with Turner. If true i am not too excited about this - he didnt seem to do too well with the Titans.

I would look into Darrell Bevell but not sure who else is out there. I do not want to promote tony sparano. I am not sure he would be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    I wasnt really impressed with him yesterday, before the Minneapolis Miracle i was placing the blame on him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I think we got too conservative in the 2nd half which happens a lot and was an issue with Norv too. Case took that sack on the first drive and it left us with no points. That plus the missed FG at the end of half is 6 points left on the board there and not really all on Shurmur too though. Then the blocked punt and Case pick too.

All in all I agree he was part of the problem and we did settle too often for FG's but it wasn't like a horrible game from him either. Many of our issues were not his fault but at the same time he should have kept taking shots and staying aggressive too. We kicked 4 FG and missed an opportunity for one more and still scored 3 TD's so it isn't like we weren't moving the ball some and having chances to score.

Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    I dont think i am too excited about this prediction but if Shurmur does leave for the giants, I am thinking our next offensive coordinator will be mike mularky... I believe Zim when first hired originally tried to get mike as our OC before ending up going with Turner. If true i am not too excited about this - he didnt seem to do too well with the Titans.

I would look into Darrell Bevell but not sure who else is out there. I do not want to promote tony sparano. I am not sure he would be the answer.
    I would have to look into Mularky more before really having an opinion but my first thought is similar to yours -- not exciting.

With reports coming out that Pat is pretty much gone to the Giants, I think we should take a look from within to see who could potentially replace him.

Tony Sparano - a guy that has been in the league for quite some time but a lot of what he has done has been with the OL. He had 1 year as an OC and that was in 2012 with the Jets. That year the Jets finished 30th in total offense.

Kevin Stefanski - here is a guy that has been with the Vikes for 13 years. He's young (35) and I think could be in line to be the next guy. He seems to have a nice little resume from being the assistant head coach from 06-08. Then moving around to TE, RB and now QB coach. He played ball at Penn as a DB for 4 years. But he might be that next guy in line as a young offensive mind. I mentioned him a few weeks ago and I think he could be a guy to look out for as a replacement.

EDIT: I also found this article written by the Star Tribune a few weeks ago which tends to agree with what I'm saying.

If the Vikings do go young, Stefanski is four years younger than cornerback Terence Newman. But the flecks of gray also indicate a dozen seasons of gleaning knowledge from coordinators Darrell Bevell, Bill Musgrave, Norv Turner and Shurmur.

Last summer, tight end Kyle Rudolph went so far as to say it was only a matter of time before Stefanski became an NFL coordinator.
    http://www.startribune.com/is-viking...job/467752553/
    Last edited by pacofunk64; 01-16-2018 at 12:49 AM.

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960