Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    He was the man towards the end of the year tho. He coulda had a few more ints that he dropped also so he's looking good going into next season imo. The only corner that was getting torched in the Seahawks game was Robinson, ide actually go out on a limb and say he cost us the game.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    It depends how you view him. He's flashed top 10 potential the last 2 seasons. If he can put it all together he'll be a top 100 player.
    Flashed for a half game here or there doesn't make him a possible top player. The top 10 guys are there for a reason and that is consistency.

I like Xavier, don't get me wrong, but when anyone is listing him as a possible top 100 player, it's clearly Vikings bias and nowhere near realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by montybeasty View Post
    He was the man towards the end of the year tho. He coulda had a few more ints that he dropped also so he's looking good going into next season imo. The only corner that was getting torched in the Seahawks game was Robinson, ide actually go out on a limb and say he cost us the game.
    IMO that play was on Munnerlyn, how do you not get the sack there?

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    True. he took a terrible angle and you can't do that with a qb like Wilson, Had that been any other qb we get the sack there.

Quote Originally Posted by montybeasty View Post
    True. he took a terrible angle and you can't do that with a qb like Wilson, Had that been any other qb we get the sack there.
    For sure. Its hard to ask a CB, especially one that doesn't play much, to be able to perfectly cover when the play breaks down like that.

Quote Originally Posted by thenaj17 View Post
    Flashed for a half game here or there doesn't make him a possible top player. The top 10 guys are there for a reason and that is consistency.

I like Xavier, don't get me wrong, but when anyone is listing him as a possible top 100 player, it's clearly Vikings bias and nowhere near realistic.
    Rhodes has flashed for much much more than just "a half game here and there". After the 2014 season he graded out as PFF's #14 overall corner. He had a 4 game stretch the end 2014 where only Revis played better than him. He really struggled to start 2015 and had issues with penalties but he again played his best football towards the end of the season. I'm not saying he is or will be a top 10 player but he has the potential to do so. He's flashed enough under Zimmer to think it's possible that if he can put it together for an entire season he'll be a top guy.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Rhodes has flashed for much much more than just "a half game here and there". After the 2014 season he graded out as PFF's #14 overall corner. He had a 4 game stretch the end 2014 where only Revis played better than him. He really struggled to start 2015 and had issues with penalties but he again played his best football towards the end of the season. I'm not saying he is or will be a top 10 player but he has the potential to do so. He's flashed enough under Zimmer to think it's possible that if he can put it together for an entire season he'll be a top guy.
    I really do hope you're right. I see Waynes starting and playing very well this year #lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    It still angers me now. That game was on Munnerlyn more than AP fumble and Walsh missed kick. If Captain wasn't trying to be a hero and kept contain, any 1 of 3 or 4 others would have got that sack

Quote Originally Posted by thenaj17 View Post
    It still angers me now. That game was on Munnerlyn more than AP fumble and Walsh missed kick. If Captain wasn't trying to be a hero and kept contain, any 1 of 3 or 4 others would have got that sack
    I'm not going to put equal blame on Captain, AP, and Walsh. Captain got too aggressive and he could have just slowed down a little bit and got the easy sack. AP kept fumbling the ball in that game and it finally came back to bite him. Walsh had an easy chip shot game winner and blew it.

I've moved on...you know why? We win that game and we don't get Treadwell. Anything is possible but I'm not sure we could have beaten Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I've moved on...you know why? We win that game and we don't get Treadwell. Anything is possible but I'm not sure we could have beaten Carolina.
    I've moved on too. I was just giving my out look on the situation after someone said Josh Robinson lost us the game.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Yea i just checked. The first episode of NFL networks top 100 players of 2016 came out a day or 2 ago and none of our guys were in the 100-91 range. That's the only episode that aired so far. Diggs definitely won't be on it. Bridgewater is a long shot especially cus he wasnt included in that 100-91 range, even though I think he is far better than Derek Carr who came in at #100, so who knows maybe his name shows up on the next list of guys. Barr, Smith, and Griffen better be on that list or the list just isn't valid to begin with lol.
    Yeah, that list is complete BS. Demarco Murry and Eddie Lacy are ranked above AD. And the ONLY Viking in the list is AD? Like I said, complete BS.

you're talking last year's list then, since they've only done 81-100 so far this year

last year Murray, at least, had come off a huge year while AP hadn't played the entire season...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    you're talking last year's list then, since they've only done 81-100 so far this year

last year Murray, at least, had come off a huge year while AP hadn't played the entire season...
    That makes more sense then.

Andy Carlson dropped an interesting nugget on his podcast about our punting situation. The Broncos have Britton Colquitt and drafted a punter in the 7th round this year. Who was Colquitt's coach in Denver? Mike Priefer. If the rookie beats him out and Colquitt is cut, then maybe? Fun thought at least.

Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast