Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2016 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Discuss all Texans-related NFL Draft news here.

This is draft related because it deals with the cap space and what the Texans can look for to sign instead of draft. This is the status of the cap space. Who would you release? There are some obvious names on here I would get rid of simply for cap space.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/houston-texans/
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    This is draft related because it deals with the cap space and what the Texans can look for to sign instead of draft. This is the status of the cap space. Who would you release? There are some obvious names on here I would get rid of simply for cap space.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/houston-texans/
    Foster, Rahim Moore, Graham and Wilfork are obvious ones. Hoyer is also an interesting choice because it leaves us with no dead money, but then we absolutely must take a QB in round 1. Or another veteran, but that's highly unlikely.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

Foster is first.

Not surprised by Foster.

It's obvious the Texans need a QB. It's also obvious they will need to trade up to get one. What scenarios do you think will play out? In the top ten Cleveland and San Francisco need a QB. I don't see a scenario where the Texans don't trade into the top 5 to draft a QB.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Let's see what happens with Osweiler first.

u guys are like the atlanta hawks the 10th best team every year and it will remain that way brock osweiller is average at best poor watt is gonna never win a ring

Texans sign Brock Osweiler and Lamar Miller.

4 years, $26M ($14 guaranteed) for Miller. Love this deal. $6.5M per year for my favorite RB available. That's the same kind of money Ivory got and less than what Martin got in Tampa. Miller is durable, fast and versatile.

Osweiler is definitely intriguing, and I like that Smith is taking a chance on a big FA QB for once. They can still draft a QB early.

With Adams, Clark, Pleasant, Charles James, Simon, Novak, Lechler all re-signed, I'm feeling pretty good. Re-signing Brooks should be a priority, and Crick should be back as well. After those two, the only real need is a starting center, as Jones is gone to the Titans.

Osweiler's deal is 4 years, $72M. That's a loooot of money. Let's see how much of it is guaranteed.

Brooks gone to Philly, 5 years, $40M.

Texans sign Jeff Allen, formely of the Chiefs. NFL's 10th best guard of last season, accoring to PFF's grade. He's a nice replacement.

4 years, $28M for Allen. That's $7M a year. Why not keep Brooks for $8M? I certainly prefer Brooks. It can't be that 5th year.

allen is getting 14 mil this year and then 14 mil over the next 3
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

That explains it. Thanks.

I like Fuller but the Texans jumped the gun on him even though it started a run on wr. I'm still scratching my head how Rick Smith is still employed by the Texans after trading up one spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    I like Fuller but the Texans jumped the gun on him even though it started a run on wr. I'm still scratching my head how Rick Smith is still employed by the Texans after trading up one spot.
    Well I certainly lile Fuller better than Docson. Maybe Washington was on the fence. A 6th was a small price to pay, I guess. It's not like Smith usually does much with those late picks.

Edu I think this pick will go well Hopkins is the man and Fuller will complement him. Osweiler has a cannon and making sure he has weapons to go to is important.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast