Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 177 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    No doubt that if the money is right Iloka will be a Viking. Just depends on how much someone else might drive up that market. If we determine the price we want is too high we may stick it out with Anthony Harris who graded at 87 according to PFF. Compared to 50 something for Sendejo.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    No doubt that if the money is right Iloka will be a Viking. Just depends on how much someone else might drive up that market. If we determine the price we want is too high we may stick it out with Anthony Harris who graded at 87 according to PFF. Compared to 50 something for Sendejo.
    Yeah Harrison Smith graded as the highest safety and Sendejo graded in the bottom 5. There are 2 spots on this defense that we can upgrade on the starter and if we do this defense could be legendary, which is saying something for a organization which has had very nasty defenses in the past

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    The flip side of Hue Jackson's POV is that he doesn't want to start off with guys who are going to create issues. Who knows if he will consider sticking out his neck for a guy that he doesn't have much of any history with. I'm not saying the will or should trade him, I just think theres more of a possibility there then you are allowing.
    I think that's irrelevant. At this point you have a team with very little talent. There isn't a player in Cleveland with the talent or upside that Gordon has. If he was the thug type or a Manziel type I might see it differently. Seems to me his issue is he's just a knuckle head that needs straightened out. From what I've read on him, he seems like a kid who can reached, unlike say, Manziel. It's definitely possible but I'd say like a 5% chance he gets traded. It's a risk, no doubt, because he can be suspended at any time but if your the Browns why trade Gordon for pennies when you can take the risk he turns his life around and continues to be the receiver he was in 2013.

The Browns likely options with him at the point is trade him for the best offer you can get, which probably isn't much. I can't see any team giving up more than a 6th or 7th rounder for him, which isn't very enticing. Or you can roll the dice. I don't see them not rolling the dice.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFanatic13 View Post
    My #1 free agent I want to see become a Viking. Makes all the sense in the world being he's had previous stints with Zimmer in Cincy. He's a "Spielman type" of free agent, identical to a Linval Joseph and Captain Munnerlyn type of situation. He's young (25), just coming off of his rookie contract with tremendous upside and he fills a need. We won't have to break the bank for him either, which Spielman never does with free agents anyway. I would love Iloka on this team.

Xavier Rhodes-Trae Waynes-Harrison Smith-George Iloka with Captain Munnerlyn at the nickel/slot CB is a hell of a secondary.
    My thoughts exactly. I can see other contenders focusing on Weddle or Berry (on the off chance he even makes it to the market). Iloka will likely be signed during that second wave of free agency, which the best time to go shopping. Teams over pay for the top free agents and then guys like Iloka usually end up being very good and affordable signings. His teammate playing safety next to him, Reggie Nelson, is also a free agent.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

How come no one has mentioned a decent backup for Teddy? Hill is just too old and slow now. He couldn't even hand the ball off to Adrian fast enough.
    Take your pants off

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    How come no one has mentioned a decent backup for Teddy? Hill is just too old and slow now. He couldn't even hand the ball off to Adrian fast enough.
    I like going with only 2 QBs on the 53 man and I liked what I saw from Taylor H. in preseason.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    I know both of these wont happen but i feel we need some major changes on offense. This defense for the next several years is going to be top 5. We cannot screw those years up by neglecting or more importantly giving too many chances to certain players - like what we did when we had moss & carter except the reverse. we never invested in the defense to make it competent..... with that said.

1. trade peterson for what you can. To be honest I would expect a very late 1st round pick or top 1st or 2nd pick in the 2nd round (would want something else with it if it fell in the 2nd round). He would open up a lot of money for extensions & free agent signings. Also I kind of feel Peterson just doesnt work well with turners offense, he is getting older (wasnt as explosive when he had space), cant catch the ball, and we all see how he has this untimely fumbles year after year at key times.... Dont get me wrong, he is a hall of famer but just not worth the money anymore, Mckinnon looks like he is good enough.

2. release Wallace - cost is too high & i think he has lost his speed.

3. trade Bridgewater...... Yes I said it. Again believe me, I love bridgewater as person. He is a great guy and he is a serviceable quarterback but just cant throw deep at all and his side arm throws are too risky for a passing league. I am sure teams like the browns or even rams wouldnt mind getting him.

Use the extra draft picks & again draft heavily on defense but also draft in first 3 rounds a good O-line or WR & which ever you dont get, pick of the other in free agency but keep this defense strong & with depth.

In Free agency.

1. Honestly I wouldnt mind taking Kirk cousins. It would be a little risky as he might be a one hit wonder BUT he has shown that he can hit all of the throws far more often than bridgewater can or will. I think cousins fits turners offense a lot better than bridgewater.

2. WR - either Alshon Jeffery or Megatron (if he is released & doesnt retire)... Spend some money & get a big WR.

3. --- either through the draft or free agency. Try to find a solid offensive lineman who wont be too expensive but will upgrade our line - shouldnt be hard to find.

Basically fix this offense big time, keep this defense strong, & lets get to winning regularly & convincingly!
    A.P had the fastest td of any rb in the league this year

Also on Bridgewater, he is turning out exactly as he was projected to in his scouting report. That is why so many teams passed on him. I think he already close to being as good as he is going to be and definitely not a franchise QB.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    A.P had the fastest td of any rb in the league this year

Also on Bridgewater, he is turning out exactly as he was projected to in his scouting report. That is why so many teams passed on him. I think he already close to being as good as he is going to be and definitely not a franchise QB.
    Were you the person who thought the WR out of East Carolina was the best WR in the draft last year? I can't remember.

Were you the person who thought the WR out of East Carolina was the best WR in the draft last year? I can't remember.
    Haha the Justin Hardy guy, not sure if it was him but I remember all that. Ran a 4.56 and managed 196 yards this season.

Truth be told I am the equivalent for Josh Doctson this year though.

It wasn't Carter. lol
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    It wasn't Carter. lol
    Oh ok, I couldn't remember. Was it Blom?

Oh ok, I couldn't remember. Was it Blom?
    I think it was VCU lol
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Definitely wasn't me.. I dont know much about college football, especially a WR out of East Carolina. I just cant get into college football.

blom85 was the guy tooting his horn. Just searched the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Definitely wasn't me.. I dont know much about college football, especially a WR out of East Carolina. I just cant get into college football.
    Me either. Youtube highlights are the extent of my college football.

Page 5 of 177 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast