Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 177 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikesfan13 View Post
    I'm very intrigued by this Josh Gordon talk. Add him along with Diggs and Wright? That's pretty good. I think as far as the D side is concerned....Zimmer has shown that he can develop talent. Which is why whatever we spend needs to be on the O line and a WR.
    I got bashed months ago for wanting Josh Gordon. I'd trade a conditional 5th or 6th rounder to the Browns for Josh Gordon in a heartbeat. I know he's on his last strike but how many late round picks usually make the team in the NFL? Not many. He has previous experience with Norv Turner and he's exactly what Teddy and this offense needs. Gordon is only 24 years old.

Take a chance, Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFanatic13 View Post
    I got bashed months ago for wanting Josh Gordon. I'd trade a conditional 5th or 6th rounder to the Browns for Josh Gordon in a heartbeat. I know he's on his last strike but how many late round picks usually make the team in the NFL? Not many. He has previous experience with Norv Turner and he's exactly what Teddy and this offense needs. Gordon is only 24 years old.

Take a chance, Rick.
    He's also the kind of character guy that Zimmer has helped turn around. Guy thats not violent, is a hard worker but just had some trouble with the law.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

So is this Josh Gordon talk just PSD talk or is there some legit legs behind this? Getting me all excited over here lol. I would for sure toss some late round picks his way but I think the Browns are going to do whatever they can to make it work. Reminds me of the Jared Allen situation. One more strike and he was on a 1 year ban. Cost us a 1st and 3rd but we never had any issues with him. He turned his life around. I'd be willing to make it some conditional future picks too.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    So is this Josh Gordon talk just PSD talk or is there some legit legs behind this? Getting me all excited over here lol. I would for sure toss some late round picks his way but I think the Browns are going to do whatever they can to make it work. Reminds me of the Jared Allen situation. One more strike and he was on a 1 year ban. Cost us a 1st and 3rd but we never had any issues with him. He turned his life around. I'd be willing to make it some conditional future picks too.
    Mostly PSD and who knows what the Browns are going to do. I could see them wanting to clean house of all their headaches (Gilbert, Manziel, Gordon, etc) since they have a whole new front office but I could also see them identify Gordon as a guy that can turn his life around and get it together. He is obviously supremely talented.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    haha Sorry, I may have caused this. My old man is a die hard browns fan so we get together and watch both games every week so I know almost as much about the browns as I do the Vikes between watching and talking to him. So I have had my eye on Josh Gordon for a while and was on here harping about how we should have tried to trade for him prior to his last issue. But now that I expect him to be re-instated (barring any further setbacks) I am back on the trade for Gordon train as it makes sense in many different ways. A) he fills a major need, B) he should be relatively cheap c) he already knows Norvs offense and excelled in it D) he is young as has the potential to be the best WR in the NFL.

A 5th, 6th and 7th for Gordon and Gilbert, two reclamation projects for Zimmer and co to turn around.

BOOM.

Quote Originally Posted by DIRKDIGGGL3R View Post
    A 5th, 6th and 7th for Gordon and Gilbert, two reclamation projects for Zimmer and co to turn around.

BOOM.
    Pass on Gilbert, he's terrible and has a terrible atitude. I would give a 5th and 7th for Gordon though. Would even consider a future 6th or something on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Pass on Gilbert, he's terrible and has a terrible atitude. I would give a 5th and 7th for Gordon though. Would even consider a future 6th or something on top of that.
    He certainly has blown chunks at Cleveland but if anyone can salvage something from a former top 10 pick Zimmer can.

I highly doubt the Browns trade Gordon. He's too talented and cheap. If they were going to give up on him it would of already happened. He hasn't caused any headaches to this new staff so they won't give up on a talent like that.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I highly doubt the Browns trade Gordon. He's too talented and cheap. If they were going to give up on him it would of already happened. He hasn't caused any headaches to this new staff so they won't give up on a talent like that.
    Meh. I could see them wanting to start with a fresh slate. You also get more back in trade then last year. That's a whole year if risk of him slipping up that nobody would want to take. I could see them going both ways with him. We'll know soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Meh. I could see them wanting to start with a fresh slate. You also get more back in trade then last year. That's a whole year if risk of him slipping up that nobody would want to take. I could see them going both ways with him. We'll know soon enough.
    I look at it from Hue Jackson's point of view. He's got a potential super star receiver under contract very cheap so why not take a risk? It's the same reason some people on here would risk trading for him. There is so much upside. Cleveland already has limited pieces as it is. Plus Hue comes from a coaching staff that is known for taking chances of players with past off field issues. Also have to factor in that his suspension will likely be lifted in the near future so he'll available for I assume most of OTA's. It just doesn't make much sense to me why they would move him.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

George Iloka

Former Zim guy, Bengals can't franchise due to other good FAs

Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    George Iloka

My #1 free agent I want to see become a Viking. Makes all the sense in the world being he's had previous stints with Zimmer in Cincy. He's a "Spielman type" of free agent, identical to a Linval Joseph and Captain Munnerlyn type of situation. He's young (25), just coming off of his rookie contract with tremendous upside and he fills a need. We won't have to break the bank for him either, which Spielman never does with free agents anyway. I would love Iloka on this team.

Xavier Rhodes-Trae Waynes-Harrison Smith-George Iloka with Captain Munnerlyn at the nickel/slot CB is a hell of a secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I look at it from Hue Jackson's point of view. He's got a potential super star receiver under contract very cheap so why not take a risk? It's the same reason some people on here would risk trading for him. There is so much upside. Cleveland already has limited pieces as it is. Plus Hue comes from a coaching staff that is known for taking chances of players with past off field issues. Also have to factor in that his suspension will likely be lifted in the near future so he'll available for I assume most of OTA's. It just doesn't make much sense to me why they would move him.
    The flip side of Hue Jackson's POV is that he doesn't want to start off with guys who are going to create issues. Who knows if he will consider sticking out his neck for a guy that he doesn't have much of any history with. I'm not saying the will or should trade him, I just think theres more of a possibility there then you are allowing.

Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    George Iloka

He will be an interesting case study because some people think he will get paid while others think he will get a modest contract. The fit is certainly there and obviously we know Zimmer already likes him.

Page 4 of 177 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast