Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 177 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 2652
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Missourah
    Posts
    3,595
    We've been talking about trading AP a decent amount. The Gordon idea is an interesting one. What would be added to a Gordon-AP trade? I obviously know it wont happen, but who would have to add players to that one?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    7,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Pat 94 View Post
    We've been talking about trading AP a decent amount. The Gordon idea is an interesting one. What would be added to a Gordon-AP trade? I obviously know it wont happen, but who would have to add players to that one?
    Likely Cleavland would have to add to Gordon. His issues are pretty big and he has been away from football for a year. It wouldn't be much but something like Gordon + 4th or 5th rounder for AP

    Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    910
    I was not aware that Osemele was a FA this year. We need to grab him. Priority FA signing. Is Cordy Glenn any good? Never paid attention to him much.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!


  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    985
    He is awesome but I want nothing to do with Josh Gordon in our locker room or community,

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    7,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    He is awesome but I want nothing to do with Josh Gordon in our locker room or community,
    He's actually not quite the nut case he's made out to be (from what I understand he is not violent or anything) but I get what you're saying. I would like him on our team but could see why people wouldnt want him.

    Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,122
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    He's actually not quite the nut case he's made out to be (from what I understand he is not violent or anything) but I get what you're saying. I would like him on our team but could see why people wouldnt want him.
    X2, on all accounts the Browns Vets in particular were huge Gordon supporters. He had no violence issues and was never out of control. Never a report on him being big headed or selfish in the locker room. Looking back on his situation most of his offenses were technicalities:
    1. College Marijuana charges (Baylor kicked him out where programs like Bama and LSU have no substance policies...google Honey Badgers coccaine issues at LSU)
    2. Marajuana charge browns
    3. doctor prescribed codine syrup for illness (not league approved0
    4. Pot in one of two urine samples. Same cup split in two... one positive by thousanths of a microbial and one negative by more than twice that amount.
    5. Beer on a plane to vegas

    Substance rules were changed immediately after he was given a year long ban to more than 1000X the amount he was suspended for. I have said it from day one that Goodell singled out Gordon and tried to make an example of him. Considering his very minor offenses to net him a year long ban and the fact that players who take PEDs get 4 game bans is an absolute joke.

    I would not include him in an AP trade and I wouldn't expect the Browns to really want AP given his salary and their rebuilding state. I would offer the browns a 5th rounder for him assuming he is clean and re-instated.

    Maybe he's not the best option but I think he could be a low cost gamble that pays off. His history with Norv would be the big question mark:

    2013 under Norv with multiple QBs
    14 games played
    87 Receptions 1,646 yards 9 TDs

    If he's clean that to me is worth a 5th round gamble.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 01-11-2016 at 03:04 PM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    13,036
    I think you guys are going to be getting your hopes up expecting to see the big fish in FA signing here or a big splash on the trade market. I think Spielman has made it known he is going to be looking for the best value he can find rather than the best overall player. With so much quality young talent on this roster were going to be better off reserving that to keep our own guys. Harrison Smith, Sharrif Floyd, Xavier Rhodes, and Anthony Barr are likely to get pretty nice deals in the future. Matt Kalil probably comes back and then Teddy eventually will be getting paid. We'll spend money and be active but every year I always notice people on here with big wish lists and we never sign any of them. Linval is the only exception but he was 25 years old and didn't demand an enormous contract. We need to follow the Green Bay/New England way with building through the draft and finding the best value free agents we can find.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

    #Faith

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    7,976
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I think you guys are going to be getting your hopes up expecting to see the big fish in FA signing here or a big splash on the trade market. I think Spielman has made it known he is going to be looking for the best value he can find rather than the best overall player. With so much quality young talent on this roster were going to be better off reserving that to keep our own guys. Harrison Smith, Sharrif Floyd, Xavier Rhodes, and Anthony Barr are likely to get pretty nice deals in the future. Matt Kalil probably comes back and then Teddy eventually will be getting paid. We'll spend money and be active but every year I always notice people on here with big wish lists and we never sign any of them. Linval is the only exception but he was 25 years old and didn't demand an enormous contract. We need to follow the Green Bay/New England way with building through the draft and finding the best value free agents we can find.
    However, those teams also know how to recognize a huge need (OL in our case) and are willing to spend tactically. I agree with your premise though, probably best to not look at the most heralded FA but instead the ones that are being undervalued. Generally if EVERYONE is talking about the same guy, he's going to get a big deal and it won't be from us. We need to find that Clint Boling type from last years FA. A very good player that is the 3rd or so best option on the market (still upset we whiffed on Boling)

    Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    310
    Hes still worth more than a cut from the team

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    13,036
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    However, those teams also know how to recognize a huge need (OL in our case) and are willing to spend tactically. I agree with your premise though, probably best to not look at the most heralded FA but instead the ones that are being undervalued. Generally if EVERYONE is talking about the same guy, he's going to get a big deal and it won't be from us. We need to find that Clint Boling type from last years FA. A very good player that is the 3rd or so best option on the market (still upset we whiffed on Boling)
    Right I agree. My point is just we aren't going huge on one or two guys. That was my point with finding value. I haven't really looked into free agents much but I did notice safety could have some value. Weddle is likely the big fish but Tashaun Gibson and George Iloka could be cheaper alternatives that pan out. Zimmer will know Iloka from being in Cincy. Honestly though when it comes to the defense I don't really care or worry about what we'll do. We couldn't be in better hands with Zimmer and whatever he decides to do is fine with me.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

    #Faith

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Missourah
    Posts
    3,595
    I'm not expecting a big name signing or trade, because we don't have an absolute ton to improve on. It would be nice to add some OL depth and maybe get some help at WR.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,372
    Not real sure where to put this but it seems fitting...

    Jeff Davidson, our OL coach, was not retained. Sounds like we have reached out to Dan Campbell and it's possibly Hank Fraley could be the next man up.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    13,036
    I'm very curious to see how we handle offensive line this offseason. Clearly it's a big need but with John Sullivan and Phil Loadholt going to be healthy for 2016 I wonder if we view their returns to health as enough of a fix. Joe Berger clearly deserves a starting job and I could see him taking over one of the guard spots. Maybe move Fusco back to his more natural right guard spot. Mike Harris would be a solid back up since he can play guard and tackle. So basically I think it comes down to whether or not we hold onto Phil Loadholt for another season or continue to roll with T.J. Clemmings at right tackle. I think in this case you gotta go with the young guy. Loadholt is due 7.75 million and has missed 22 games over the last 2 years. We could save money and hope Clemmings takes a step forward.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

    #Faith

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    7,976
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm very curious to see how we handle offensive line this offseason. Clearly it's a big need but with John Sullivan and Phil Loadholt going to be healthy for 2016 I wonder if we view their returns to health as enough of a fix. Joe Berger clearly deserves a starting job and I could see him taking over one of the guard spots. Maybe move Fusco back to his more natural right guard spot. Mike Harris would be a solid back up since he can play guard and tackle. So basically I think it comes down to whether or not we hold onto Phil Loadholt for another season or continue to roll with T.J. Clemmings at right tackle. I think in this case you gotta go with the young guy. Loadholt is due 7.75 million and has missed 22 games over the last 2 years. We could save money and hope Clemmings takes a step forward.
    I don't think its safe to assume either Loadholt or Sullivan are going to return to full health. Achilles injuries for big guys generally dont end well and Sullivan has back problems and is getting older. Of the two I see Sullivan sticking around but theres a chance both are released.

    Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,372
    It will be real interesting to see what we do. I think I'm on the same page as Cubby though. Both guys are up there in age and both have been relatively nicked up the past few years. Berger played well at Center and I know he played Guard before I don't think he excels as much as he did as the everyday Center.

    I would bet that we will be in the running for a FA Guard. I know this might not be a popular choice but I think we should look at Ritchie Incognito. I think he could probably be had for 3 years and still at a cheaper than normal price due to his past baggage.

Page 2 of 177 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •