Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 177 of 177 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177
Results 2,641 to 2,652 of 2652
  1. #2641
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    13,646
    My understanding is that a contract can toll if the player is in the last year of his deal and is unable to perform football duties by a certain date. I'm not 100% sure but I believe Sharrif Floyd will have his contract toll since he is in the last year and will not be able to play all season.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

    #Faith

  2. #2642
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,563
    If you google contract tolling in the NFL, most of the top links you'll get refer to Teddy's situation......how many of us had even heard the term before that? So, does that mean it only comes into play because it involves a rookie contract? I mean Sam's not the first veteran who couldn't play the last year of a contract due to injury and we never heard the term.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #2643
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    7,976
    Contract tolling only occurs if the player STARTS the year on the PUP and can't clear a physical by week 8. So Sam's contract will not be tolling

    Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

  4. #2644
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,927
    Martellius Bennett was just released by the Packers. Think we should bite?

  5. #2645
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    23,662
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Martellius Bennett was just released by the Packers. Think we should bite?
    Wouldn't be awful but don't see a need

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  6. #2646
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    7,976
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Wouldn't be awful but don't see a need

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I actually think that TE is a pretty decent need. Rudy ia a teerible blocker and none of our other TE are good pass catchers. IIRC Bennett is pretty good at both.

  7. #2647
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,927
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    I actually think that TE is a pretty decent need. Rudy ia a teerible blocker and none of our other TE are good pass catchers. IIRC Bennett is pretty good at both.
    He has not graded out well according to PFF in terms of receiving. His run blocking grade is 77 if I recall correctly. His overall was in the 40's. Can't see his grade now that he is off GB. Sounds like he had the case of the drops.

  8. #2648
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,235
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    He has not graded out well according to PFF in terms of receiving. His run blocking grade is 77 if I recall correctly. His overall was in the 40's. Can't see his grade now that he is off GB. Sounds like he had the case of the drops.
    I don't think Bennett really has the drive to play anymore. He announced earlier this year that he would most likely retire at the end of the season. I think after the Rodgers injury he packed it in and his attitude was enough to convince Packers front office he doesn't want to play anymore.

    Weather that is due to knowing the Packers won't be a Super Bowl contender or playing in general is unknown.

    I do however think Minny needs to address the TE position in FA/Draft after this season. Rudy has been a dissappointment IMO. I still like him but only because I have accepted the reality of the player he is. He is never going to be a the dominant recieving threat I always expected him to be and he is never going to be a great blocker. He is a decent dependable Tightend who throws in the occasional big time catch.

    I was praying we would have taken Jordan Leggett or Jake Butt last year in the later rounds but I think this offense could benefit from a guy like Evan Engram that is a consistent athletic nightmare for LB/S in Shurmur system. If the TE was more of a threat it could really elevate this offense.

    If they choose to stay with Rudy as their primary receiving threat I won't be upset about it.

  9. #2649
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    7,976
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I don't think Bennett really has the drive to play anymore. He announced earlier this year that he would most likely retire at the end of the season. I think after the Rodgers injury he packed it in and his attitude was enough to convince Packers front office he doesn't want to play anymore.

    Weather that is due to knowing the Packers won't be a Super Bowl contender or playing in general is unknown.

    I do however think Minny needs to address the TE position in FA/Draft after this season. Rudy has been a dissappointment IMO. I still like him but only because I have accepted the reality of the player he is. He is never going to be a the dominant recieving threat I always expected him to be and he is never going to be a great blocker. He is a decent dependable Tightend who throws in the occasional big time catch.

    I was praying we would have taken Jordan Leggett or Jake Butt last year in the later rounds but I think this offense could benefit from a guy like Evan Engram that is a consistent athletic nightmare for LB/S in Shurmur system. If the TE was more of a threat it could really elevate this offense.

    If they choose to stay with Rudy as their primary receiving threat I won't be upset about it.
    I don't know anything about the TE in the upcoming draft but I'll be pretty happy if we walk away with a TE, OG, and DT in the first 3 rounds.

    Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

  10. #2650
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,927
    Ya Rudy is what he is and that is slightly above average I would say. I was clamoring for Kittle in the later rounds. But I still dont understand why Bucky was not retained. Just makes no sense given he was a match up nightmare.

  11. #2651
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    13,646
    Bennett claimed by the Patriots
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

    #Faith

  12. #2652
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,563
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Bennett claimed by the Patriots
    Raise your hand if that surprises you
    Seeing no hands.....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •