Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 148 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2652
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    That is true but if he could play the 3T he would face more 1 on 1s and when Linval has those few opportunities to get a 1 on 1 matchup he often generates a nice pass rush or gets/causes a sack.
    How does playing the 3t mean he will get 1 on 1s?
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    How does playing the 3t mean he will get 1 on 1s?
    In theory, the NT will be playing a 1 or 2i tech, so he will be blocked by both the center and a guard. Since we play a 4 front, that leaves 3 o-linemen to block our 3 defensive linemen. The two ends and 3 tech should have isolated 1 on 1 matchups with the man across from them (in a zone/pass blocking scheme)
    Last edited by Phat Pat 94; 03-17-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat Pat 94 View Post
    In theory, the NT will be playing a 1 or 2i tech, so he will be blocked by both the center and a guard. Since we play a 4 front, that leaves 3 o-linemen to block our 3 defensive linemen. The two ends and 3 tech should have isolated 1 on 1 matchups with the man across from them (in a zone/pass blocking scheme)
    That's not a guarantee. You can easily shift protection to single up the nose 1 on 1 and give extra help to the guard blocking the 3t. In Cincy you can bet Aktins was getting the double teams at 3t and not Petko at nose.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

Linval is not a good fit at 3T. In Zims D the 3T is asked is asked to control the B gap and be a plus pass rusher and that requires lighter, more athletic DTs, which Linval is not. The nose is responsible for collapsing the pocket from the middle (A gap lined head up over the center), which is Linvals strength. If you stick either Linval or Hankins at the 3T you are asking them to play away from their strengths. Not a good idea or the best use of your money.

Zim has certain size and athletic traits he wants in each tackle. Look at the DTs he has had in Cincy and in Minnesota:

3T: Geno Atkins 6'1 302
    3T: Shariff Floyd 6'3 297
    Nose: Domata Peko 6'3 322
    Nose: Linval Joseph 6'4 323

These two positions are not interchangeable.
    I agree with this Linval is probably the best nose tackle in the league along with snacks harrison. How did they make that work in new york? Hankins and Snacks played next to each other and were a huge part in their league leading run defense.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    I agree with this Linval is probably the best nose tackle in the league along with snacks harrison. How did they make that work in new york? Hankins and Snacks played next to each other and were a huge part in their league leading run defense.
    Hankins played the 3t for the Giants but his skill set isn't best suited for that spot. He only 3 sacks from that position.
    2017 Vikings Draft :

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    Riley Reiff
    Mike Emmers
    Datone Jones
    Latavius Murray

Interesting signings so far. Each player makes us better. Each player was signed to a team friendly deal that allows us to cut ties cheaply if they don't pan out. Each player wasn't really pursued by their previous team. Nothing sexy but hopefully they become glue guys. If we could somehow trade up to grab a top OT that allows us to move Reiff to RT and Remmers to RG, I'd be happy as hell.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that is the backup play if a LT falls far enough down. Reiff made a comment that he would play either LT or RT, wherever the Vikings needed him. Zimmer also made the comment that Remmers fit because he had the skills to play RT or RG. I think they will watch the Lt's very closely in RD1 and pursue a trade up if it make sense.

Trade up for LT and move Reiff to RT, Remmers to RG.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if that is the backup play if a LT falls far enough down. Reiff made a comment that he would play either LT or RT, wherever the Vikings needed him. Zimmer also made the comment that Remmers fit because he had the skills to play RT or RG. I think they will watch the Lt's very closely in RD1 and pursue a trade up if it make sense.

Trade up for LT and move Reiff to RT, Remmers to RG.
    No LTs worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    No LTs worth taking.
    Matt Miller posted a mock with Cam Robinson falling to #48. I'm not interested him but I'm interested in Ramczyk from Wisconsin and Bolles from Utah. I think both could be good LTs.

Dumb question, free agency done?

Matt Miller posted a mock with Cam Robinson falling to #48. I'm not interested him but I'm interested in Ramczyk from Wisconsin and Bolles from Utah. I think both could be good LTs.
    i do like that cat from Wisc. plug and play at either T or G

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I like Cam at 48 but as a RT. i dont think he has enough quickness or hip flex at his height (6'8 i think)

edit:
    disregard... thinking about the dude from fsu. But robinson is more of a run blocker, whatever we need both
    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NJBASEBALL22; 03-17-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvikingfan View Post
    Dumb question, free agency done?
    officially free agency is only done when a league year is over....which is only for the couple months a year that ended last week...so unsigned players can sign with teams from now until early next year
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

is Bolles too much of a head case to consider?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    is Bolles too much of a head case to consider?
    I doubt it. From what I've read he had troubles as a teenager but he's worked through all that.

Hankins played the 3t for the Giants but his skill set isn't best suited for that spot. He only 3 sacks from that position.
    Makes sense why they don't want him back then. There are much cheaper and better pass rushing 3techs in the draft for them to take. If that defense could get a consistent pass rush up the middle they'd be scary good.