Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 135 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2467
    Vikings made an offer to bring Captain back. Captain said guys like Peppers recruited him hard and Panthers stepped up to get him. He'll make 7 million his first season with them. That money would have been hard for Vikings to match.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Joe Mixon won't be there at 86. He dominated his pro day and by all accounts had some really, really good interviews. Somebody will pull the trigger in the first two rounds. One of the teams said to have a great meeting with him...the Vikings. If he's there wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we take him in the second (im from Oklahoma, Mixon talk is all one of the OK medias favorite subjects, right there with Russ Westbrook).
    Now that we have filled both OT spots in FA, this gives Spielman the option to take Mixon in the 2nd Round and then target OL like Elflein, Pocic and Orlofsky in the 3-4 Rounds. I like the flexibility we will have moving forward in this year's draft.

Audie Cole signing with the Jags.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Joe Mixon won't be there at 86. He dominated his pro day and by all accounts had some really, really good interviews. Somebody will pull the trigger in the first two rounds. One of the teams said to have a great meeting with him...the Vikings. If he's there wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we take him in the second (im from Oklahoma, Mixon talk is all one of the OK medias favorite subjects, right there with Russ Westbrook).
    To be honest, I would be fine with that. I happens to think MIxon is a special talent and would immediately improve the offense. The vikings haven't had an effective dual threat RB since Chester Taylor. Especially in Shurmurs offense I think he could have OROY potential. I have an odd feeling that Rick won't draft ANY linemen in round 2-3.... I think we sign atlas one more guy before the draft.

LT- Hill Reiff LG Boone- Berger C-Easton Berger RG- Sirles Berger RT- Remmers Clemmings Sirles

Add one more veteran guy to that line like Mangold or Fluker and I can see Rick holding off until RD 4 for a G and Developmental OT.

Could see Mixon at 48, a SS, DE, OLB just as much as I can see a G/T

I have zero doubt Joe is gonna be a steal in the second round for whoever gets him. If he hadn't messed up and gotten suspended prior to his freshman year, he would go down as one ous all time greats and that's at a school with backs like AD, Murray, Simms, Perine.
    ]

Here's the scorecard for OUR free agents, that I know of
    Some of these guys show up on a FA list, but possibly have been re-signed that I'm not seeing, then there's Beavers, who we released, but shows on our FA list. Someone likely has better knowledge of some of this

Years/Total Dollars/Guaranteed
    Willie Beavers OT ERFA ??
    C.J. Ham RB ERFA ??
    Rashod Hill T ERFA ??
    Toby Johnson DT ERFA ??
    Andre Smith OT UFA Bengals?
    Jeff Locke P UFA Colts 2/3.75/1.25
    Rhett Ellison TE UFA Giants 4/18/8.0
    Audie Cole LB UFA Jaguars unknown
    Charles Johnson WR RFA Panthers 1/2.2/??
    Matt Kalil OT UFA Panthers 5/55.5/25
    Captain Munnerlyn CB UFA Panthers 4/21/10.5
    Chad Greenway LB UFA Retired
    Zac Kerin C ERFA Vikings
    Jeremiah Sirles OG RFA Vikings
    Matt Asiata RB UFA
    Shaun Hill QB UFA
    Zach Line FB UFA
    Jake Long OT UFA
    Terence Newman CB UFA
    Cordarrelle Patterson WR UFA
    Adam Thielen WR RFA
    Justin Trattou DE UFA
    Adrian Peterson RB UFA
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 03-11-2017 at 02:07 PM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    If nothing else he could be solid depth add and compete for RG. Bottom line is Rick can't stop here. We saw how quickly you can lose 3-5 guys in only a few weeks at the beginning of the season. Idk what monies anyone will command but I would like to see us sign 4 more FAs if possible.

Fluker- Compete for RG backup RT
    Mangold- If can get to 110%. I would expect him to beat out either Easton or Berger for C to be honest
    Bennie Logan- I would sign on a 1 year prove it deal and add some versatility to the interior. Also serves as Floyd insurance if he ends up having a year like 2016 with injuries.
    Morris Claiborne- Young CB who never hit his max potential. Has the physical attributes I think Zimmer could work with.

Quick 3 round mock:
    48: Dan Feeney G Indiana
    79: Ethan Pocic G/C LSU
    86: Joe Mixon RB OK
    I like this my brother. I like Logan. Probably will be in the running for a different RB at 86 though. But he could be there. I would like to see us prioritize OL and DL depth via the draft.

Here is a crazy idea.
    step 1. sign P. Riley ILB
    step 2. Sign G. Hodges SLB
    step 3. Sign DT B. Logan (depth)
    step 4. Move Kendricks to WLB
    step 5. Move Barr to RE (think he'd be a hunter clone)
    step 6. Trade Griffen, spare 3 and 4 to the Cowboys for their late first.

follow that up with my draft. Gotta do it.
    1. FS B. Baker
    2. RB. Joe Mixon
    3. LSU or Ohio St C/G
    4. LT Davenport
    5. QB Chad Kelly
    6 and 7 RT and CB,

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    To be honest, I would be fine with that. I happens to think MIxon is a special talent and would immediately improve the offense. The vikings haven't had an effective dual threat RB since Chester Taylor. Especially in Shurmurs offense I think he could have OROY potential. I have an odd feeling that Rick won't draft ANY linemen in round 2-3.... I think we sign atlas one more guy before the draft.

LT- Hill Reiff LG Boone- Berger C-Easton Berger RG- Sirles Berger RT- Remmers Clemmings Sirles

Add one more veteran guy to that line like Mangold or Fluker and I can see Rick holding off until RD 4 for a G and Developmental OT.

Could see Mixon at 48, a SS, DE, OLB just as much as I can see a G/T
    No problem taking Mixon with our 2nd. I think it would be a mistake to pass on OL talent in the 3rd or 4th though. I would be really disappointed if we didn't up with either of the top 3 Center/Guard combo guys. As for tackle, I could care less because it is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayman26 View Post
    Here is a crazy idea.
    step 1. sign P. Riley ILB
    step 2. Sign G. Hodges SLB
    step 3. Sign DT B. Logan (depth)
    step 4. Move Kendricks to WLB
    step 5. Move Barr to RE (think he'd be a hunter clone)
    step 6. Trade Griffen, spare 3 and 4 to the Cowboys for their late first.
    Trade Everson Griffen?! You must be drinking today lol Barr had a down season but he'll bounce back. The defense will be fine. The moves we made in FA allow us to focus more on defense than solely on offense. I also can't see us signing Hodges. If we liked him we never would have traded him, although I disagree with that move still. My guess Rick doesn't do much else till the draft. Maybe if a small signing or two. I'm holding out hope for Michael Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Trade Everson Griffen?! You must be drinking today lol Barr had a down season but he'll bounce back. The defense will be fine. The moves we made in FA allow us to focus more on defense than solely on offense. I also can't see us signing Hodges. If we liked him we never would have traded him, although I disagree with that move still. My guess Rick doesn't do much else till the draft. Maybe if a small signing or two. I'm holding out hope for Michael Floyd.
    He needs to resign Peterson.

Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    He needs to resign Peterson.
    I really don't think it happens honestly

I don't like Remmers or Reiff signings. If this backfires which in my opinion is a 60% chance of happening Rick is gone. I understand we had to do something but if you're going to go put that much money into FA OL it better be better than the guys we picked up Reiff has been an average OL player his whole career and Remmers had one good year with CAR until the SB and last year he wasn't much better than what we put out there last year.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    floyd signed with da bears today.