Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 177 1231151101 ... LastLast

2017/2018 Free Agency & Trade Thread (News, Articles, Ideas, etc)

Projected available 2016/17 Cap Space prior to any moves = $24.5M

Waive Mike Wallace ($11.5M)
    Waive Brian Robison ($5M)
    Waive Phil Loadholt ($7.75M)
    Waive Josh Robinson ($0.75M)
    Waive Chad Greenway ($5.5M)
    Waive/Trade Adrian Peterson ($15.4M)
    Total Cap Savings = $45.9M

Total Cap Space = $70.4M

Sign S Eric Weddle ($8M)
    Sign OT Cordy Glenn ($10M)
    Sign OG Kelechi Osmele ($6M)
    Sign DE Robert Ayers ($4M)
    Sign WR Anquan Boldin ($2M)

Draft
    1. WR Josh Doctson
    2. OLB Su'a Cravens
    3. OG Vadal Alexander

QB Bridgewater
    RB Peterson
    WR Doctson
    WR Diggs
    WR Boldin
    TE Rudolph
    LT Glenn
    LG Osmele
    C Sullivan
    RG Alexander/Clemmings
    RT Kalil

DE Griffen
    DT Joseph
    DT Floyd
    DE Ayers/Hunter
    OLB Barr
    ILB Kendricks
    OLB Cravens
    CB Rhodes
    CB Waynes
    FS Weddle
    SS Smith
    Last edited by Slim Tubby; 01-11-2016 at 11:18 AM.

Lol, you forgot the part where before all those signings, Goodell cancels salary cap rules for the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    Lol, you forgot the part where before all those signings, Goodell cancels salary cap rules for the Vikings
    Well, if wallace and peterson are not on the team then we have about 30 mil to work with

Quote Originally Posted by AP=MVP View Post
    Hah...I think we are currently $24.5M below the projected cap next season before making any cuts/trades. Wallace and AP total around $26M so we will have some money to spend. I know it's a dream scenario but I wanted to throw some **** against the wall. You have to admit that would be one hell of an OL and Safety combo, though!😃

Find the best Guard FA talent we can and overpay. I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    Hah...I think we are currently $24.5M below the projected cap next season before making any cuts/trades. Wallace and AP total around $26M so we will have some money to spend. I know it's a dream scenario but I wanted to throw some **** against the wall. You have to admit that would be one hell of an OL and Safety combo, though!😃
    I love it but you need to add AP to your cuts

Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Find the best Guard FA talent we can and overpay. I don't care.
    Kelechi Osemele would be amazing for this team

I know both of these wont happen but i feel we need some major changes on offense. This defense for the next several years is going to be top 5. We cannot screw those years up by neglecting or more importantly giving too many chances to certain players - like what we did when we had moss & carter except the reverse. we never invested in the defense to make it competent..... with that said.

1. trade peterson for what you can. To be honest I would expect a very late 1st round pick or top 1st or 2nd pick in the 2nd round (would want something else with it if it fell in the 2nd round). He would open up a lot of money for extensions & free agent signings. Also I kind of feel Peterson just doesnt work well with turners offense, he is getting older (wasnt as explosive when he had space), cant catch the ball, and we all see how he has this untimely fumbles year after year at key times.... Dont get me wrong, he is a hall of famer but just not worth the money anymore, Mckinnon looks like he is good enough.

2. release Wallace - cost is too high & i think he has lost his speed.

3. trade Bridgewater...... Yes I said it. Again believe me, I love bridgewater as person. He is a great guy and he is a serviceable quarterback but just cant throw deep at all and his side arm throws are too risky for a passing league. I am sure teams like the browns or even rams wouldnt mind getting him.

Use the extra draft picks & again draft heavily on defense but also draft in first 3 rounds a good O-line or WR & which ever you dont get, pick of the other in free agency but keep this defense strong & with depth.

In Free agency.

1. Honestly I wouldnt mind taking Kirk cousins. It would be a little risky as he might be a one hit wonder BUT he has shown that he can hit all of the throws far more often than bridgewater can or will. I think cousins fits turners offense a lot better than bridgewater.

2. WR - either Alshon Jeffery or Megatron (if he is released & doesnt retire)... Spend some money & get a big WR.

3. --- either through the draft or free agency. Try to find a solid offensive lineman who wont be too expensive but will upgrade our line - shouldnt be hard to find.

Basically fix this offense big time, keep this defense strong, & lets get to winning regularly & convincingly!

Quote Originally Posted by rev:30661608
    I know both of these wont happen but i feel we need some major changes on offense. This defense for the next several years is going to be top 5. We cannot screw those years up by neglecting or more importantly giving too many chances to certain players - like what we did when we had moss & carter except the reverse. we never invested in the defense to make it competent..... with that said.

1. trade peterson for what you can. To be honest I would expect a very late 1st round pick or top 1st or 2nd pick in the 2nd round (would want something else with it if it fell in the 2nd round). He would open up a lot of money for extensions & free agent signings. Also I kind of feel Peterson just doesnt work well with turners offense, he is getting older (wasnt as explosive when he had space), cant catch the ball, and we all see how he has this untimely fumbles year after year at key times.... Dont get me wrong, he is a hall of famer but just not worth the money anymore, Mckinnon looks like he is good enough.

2. release Wallace - cost is too high & i think he has lost his speed.

3. trade Bridgewater...... Yes I said it. Again believe me, I love bridgewater as person. He is a great guy and he is a serviceable quarterback but just cant throw deep at all and his side arm throws are too risky for a passing league. I am sure teams like the browns or even rams wouldnt mind getting him.

Use the extra draft picks & again draft heavily on defense but also draft in first 3 rounds a good O-line or WR & which ever you dont get, pick of the other in free agency but keep this defense strong & with depth.

In Free agency.

1. Honestly I wouldnt mind taking Kirk cousins. It would be a little risky as he might be a one hit wonder BUT he has shown that he can hit all of the throws far more often than bridgewater can or will. I think cousins fits turners offense a lot better than bridgewater.

2. WR - either Alshon Jeffery or Megatron (if he is released & doesnt retire)... Spend some money & get a big WR.

3. --- either through the draft or free agency. Try to find a solid offensive lineman who wont be too expensive but will upgrade our line - shouldnt be hard to find.

Basically fix this offense big time, keep this defense strong, & lets get to winning regularly & convincingly!
    Peterson isn't worth that much. Agree on Wallace. No way in hell Teddy gets traded.
    Time for some hootenanny.

Idea that I don't know if I agree with but curious on thoughts

**Basic offseason strategy** The draft we get guys for Zimmer to develop. He is the best development tool we have. If values fall, like in this projection I have happening, we should trust Zim. That means free agency and trades are for offense. We give Teddy some vets around him that we can trust.

23. Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame
    *Yes, he sits a year, but Greenway can play this year. In 2017 we roll out Smith/Kendricks/Barr and we have as elite of front 7 as possible with Waynes/Rhodes/H.Smith behind them, its hard to find a hole.
    2nd. Jayron Kearse, S, Clemson
    *This is where you guys are really going to yell at me because we really should go offense here, but Kearse is last piece of that defense and I'd rather make cheap draft pick contracts for defense holes because defense will get expensive as we resign other guys and FA money should go offense.
    3-7 - Depth/BPA add LBs, WRs, a punter and maybe a QB

Free agent signings:
    Kelechi Osemele, G, Ravens -- One of the best in the game and he instantly becomes our best lineman.
    Corby Glenn, T, Bills -- We are done getting Teddy killed. We get top two linemen available.
    Rod Streater, WR, Raiders -- Two years ago, this is ideal. Streater was completely benched this year though. He was in the Raiders doghouse. But with huge money going to O-line, we need to go bargain bin at WR and Streater is a nice upside guy in a weak FA WR crop.

Dump:
    T Matt Kalil
    P Jeff Locke
    WR Mike Wallace

Depth, starters plus key depth
    QB - Bridgewater
    RB - Peterson/McKinnon
    WR - Diggs
    WR - Streater
    WR - Wright
    TE - Rudolph/Pruitt
    LT - Glenn
    LG - Osemele
    C - Sullivan
    RG - Fusco/Harris
    RT - Loadholt/Clemmings

DE - Griffen
    DT - Joseph
    DT - Floyd/Johnson
    DE - Hunter/Robison
    OLB - Barr
    MLB - Kendricks
    OLB - Greenway/Smith (future)
    CB - Rhodes/Munnerlyn
    CB - Waynes/Newman
    S - Smith
    S - Kearse

K - Walsh
    P - new guy

I know WR still is weak with my way, but defense is insane for now and future and O-Line goes from huge weakness to major strength. I am in favor of shopping AP but if there are no takers we return with this lineup and with that O-line, AP has huge year. WRs can be found I believe and with my way we really count on Diggs but if all else fails their are generally ways to find competent WRs that get cut in camps

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    Peterson isn't worth that much. Agree on Wallace. No way in hell Teddy gets traded.
    I could totally see the patriots trading for peterson. Give tom brady a good two year window to win. but more likely I see the cowboys or someone trading their 2nd round pick. I would be fine with either situation as I just feel peterson is not working with the vikings anymore.

I know 100% teddy wont be traded. I actually liked when we drafted him & supported him for quite a while but I think I have seen enough film that he just isnt going to be great. He will be a poor mans alex smith... but of course we will give him year after year and squander the years our defense is great.

Of the possible free agent quarterbacks this off season, I would rather have kirk cousins and i would even consider giving osweiler a chance over Teddy.

I guess my ultimate feeling is, is that our defense will be great for several years, will keep us relevant, and fighting for a playoff spot but I just do not have any confidence in our offense to compliment the amazing effort our defense puts out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    I could totally see the patriots trading for peterson. Give tom brady a good two year window to win. but more likely I see the cowboys or someone trading their 2nd round pick. I would be fine with either situation as I just feel peterson is not working with the vikings anymore.

I know 100% teddy wont be traded. I actually liked when we drafted him & supported him for quite a while but I think I have seen enough film that he just isnt going to be great. He will be a poor mans alex smith... but of course we will give him year after year and squander the years our defense is great.

Of the possible free agent quarterbacks this off season, I would rather have kirk cousins and i would even consider giving osweiler a chance over Teddy.

I guess my ultimate feeling is, is that our defense will be great for several years, will keep us relevant, and fighting for a playoff spot but I just do not have any confidence in our offense to compliment the amazing effort our defense puts out there.
    I think if AP is to get traded there are three legitimate teams to look at. Patriots, Cowboy, Colts. Colts & Pagano are going to desperate for a playoff berth going into 2016 and the lack of run game to support Luck has been a weakness his entire career.

Teddy is just an enigma right now. Too many conflicts in the offense right now with personnel, O-line performance, and AP run vs pass offense. Teddy made some big throws yesterday to get this team in position to win and was not given the opportunity to throw the ball when the Vikes had opportunities to put the ball in the endzone. I would say the absolute best throw teddy had that was extremely encouraging to me was the bomb to Diggs with 2 minutes left. He threw the ball quick and about 35-40 yards into single coverage and although diggs got it knocked away, it hit both hands without any adjustment. That is the throw that I have been waiting to see the entire season. (you can see it 50 times to Devante Parker in any Teddy highlight Reel) Single coverage, no safety, give the WR a chance to go up and get it. That is pass I truthfully believe he has been told not to throw to control the game and therefore I am not quite sure what his potential is. Frankly, until AP is gone I do not think any of us can give an accurate critique or what Teddy can or can't do.

Free agents: this is my dream list. If we trade AP and release wallace we can probably get 2.
    1. Eric Berry (Berry Smith tandem would be ridiculous)
    2. Alshon Jeffrey (doubtful he sees FA but if he does, just give him Wallace's contract)
    3. Josh Gordon (I think he will be a FA if he gets re-instated and already knows Norv's offense)
    4. Kelechi Osemele (plug him in at LG and move Fusco back to RG)

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I think if AP is to get traded there are three legitimate teams to look at. Patriots, Cowboy, Colts. Colts & Pagano are going to desperate for a playoff berth going into 2016 and the lack of run game to support Luck has been a weakness his entire career.

Teddy is just an enigma right now. Too many conflicts in the offense right now with personnel, O-line performance, and AP run vs pass offense. Teddy made some big throws yesterday to get this team in position to win and was not given the opportunity to throw the ball when the Vikes had opportunities to put the ball in the endzone. I would say the absolute best throw teddy had that was extremely encouraging to me was the bomb to Diggs with 2 minutes left. He threw the ball quick and about 35-40 yards into single coverage and although diggs got it knocked away, it hit both hands without any adjustment. That is the throw that I have been waiting to see the entire season. (you can see it 50 times to Devante Parker in any Teddy highlight Reel) Single coverage, no safety, give the WR a chance to go up and get it. That is pass I truthfully believe he has been told not to throw to control the game and therefore I am not quite sure what his potential is. Frankly, until AP is gone I do not think any of us can give an accurate critique or what Teddy can or can't do.

Free agents: this is my dream list. If we trade AP and release wallace we can probably get 2.
    2. Alshon Jeffrey (doubtful he sees FA but if he does, just give him Wallace's contract)
    3. Josh Gordon (I think he will be a FA if he gets re-instated and already knows Norv's offense)
    A++++++ post man. I couldn't have said it any better. Teddy has the talent but has not been given the opportunity to show it. Gordon is an interesting one if he is available. Seems like he is actually figuring things out and I think getting him out of Cleavland would help him immensely.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post

Teddy has only been a starter in the league for about a year and with our play calling, I'm not ready to pass judgment on him yet. If we can get a 3rd round pick for AP, you jump on that but I can't see a scenario where we get anything better than that.

Page 1 of 177 1231151101 ... LastLast