Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: GM - Bob Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    I can't believe that we can potentially end up with the McDaniels/Quinn combo that I have wanted since the decision was made to fire Mayhew. McDaniels has consulted with Tony Dungy, Bill Belichick, John Gruden, hell really any HC since he failed in Denver to get advice about what he can do better. He had a hard time dealing with his failure in Denver and they got his confidence back. There is a good shot that we retain JBC under McDaniels, but I'm not so sure about Stafford. One thing about Stafford is that he does not have a very high football IQ, something you need to run that NE offense. My guess is that we retain Matthew for a season or two while we draft his eventual successor in a later round.
    Is there a connection between JBC & NE? Otherwise I do t see why he'd be retained. Mcdaniels strikes me as a control freak & would want to select his OC & DC.
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Is there a connection between JBC & NE? Otherwise I do t see why he'd be retained. Mcdaniels strikes me as a control freak & would want to select his OC & DC.
    I thought there was a connection between the two in Denver but I think I was off by a season. Rick Dennison would have been the choice if he didn't already hold the position in Denver. Either way, it's not too unheard of for a new regime to keep some members of the previous coaching staff if they have proven themselves, even OC's/DC's.

So Quinn is basically going to have to sell the Fords on McDaniels over Caldwell? Shouldn't be hard IMO...if Caldwell is fired it's almost a guarantee that McDaniels would be our next HC and I'm perfectly fine with that. I know a bunch of our players are pro-Caldwell, but honestly with the new GM and a potentially new HC if certain players aren't on board I would ship them off, full rebuild if you have to. We truly have a chance to build this team the right way without any strong arming from the Fords or any knuckleheads associated with Millen.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    So Quinn is basically going to have to sell the Fords on McDaniels over Caldwell? Shouldn't be hard IMO...if Caldwell is fired it's almost a guarantee that McDaniels would be our next HC and I'm perfectly fine with that. I know a bunch of our players are pro-Caldwell, but honestly with the new GM and a potentially new HC if certain players aren't on board I would ship them off, full rebuild if you have to. We truly have a chance to build this team the right way without any strong arming from the Fords or any knuckleheads associated with Millen.
    How to prove your point of McDaniels>Caldwell.

Martha: "Why should I hire him over my Jimmy?"

Quinn: "He's the only coach in NFL history to defend the hook and lateral as opposed to the Hail Mary on the last play of a football game."

/discussion

As far as the players being on board, not being on board, I'm with you. In fact, I'm for a complete overhaul regardless which is why we should consider trading Stafford. Stafford to the Texans for multiple first round picks is looking extremely good right about now. Use their 1st round pick this year to draft Carson Wentz and begin anew.

If we're gonna replace Stafford with some FCS jerkwanger I'm guessing McDaniels & Quinn would make it Janeane Garofalo

I can't believe that we can potentially end up with the McDaniels/Quinn combo that I have wanted since the decision was made to fire Mayhew. McDaniels has consulted with Tony Dungy, Bill Belichick, John Gruden, hell really any HC since he failed in Denver to get advice about what he can do better. He had a hard time dealing with his failure in Denver and they got his confidence back. There is a good shot that we retain JBC under McDaniels, but I'm not so sure about Stafford. One thing about Stafford is that he does not have a very high football IQ, something you need to run that NE offense. My guess is that we retain Matthew for a season or two while we draft his eventual successor in a later round.
    If you need a high football iq to run his offense why did he draft tebow, a player who was admittedly limited, to be his qb?

IamDanGill on twitter.

How to prove your point of McDaniels>Caldwell.

Martha: "Why should I hire him over my Jimmy?"

Quinn: "He's the only coach in NFL history to defend the hook and lateral as opposed to the Hail Mary on the last play of a football game."

/discussion

As far as the players being on board, not being on board, I'm with you. In fact, I'm for a complete overhaul regardless which is why we should consider trading Stafford. Stafford to the Texans for multiple first round picks is looking extremely good right about now. Use their 1st round pick this year to draft Carson Wentz and begin anew.
    Jettisoning stafford for a guy like wentz only makes sense if calvin actually retires. Unless you're trying to encourage him to do so.

Beyond that...wentz has a lot of hype, but in a class of qbs that all have a lot of question marks he probably has the most due to the level of competition he played against.

IamDanGill on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by danielleighgill View Post
    If you need a high football iq to run his offense why did he draft tebow, a player who was admittedly limited, to be his qb?
    I thought Tebow was limited physically, not mentally. I could be wrong, but always thought the knock on him was throwing motion and accuracy, not IQ.

For all we know Mcdaniels was the original Chip Kelly, which is bad right? Or is it good now? It's so hard to keep up with sentiment

I thought Tebow was limited physically, not mentally. I could be wrong, but always thought the knock on him was throwing motion and accuracy, not IQ.

For all we know Mcdaniels was the original Chip Kelly, which is bad right? Or is it good now? It's so hard to keep up with sentiment
    There was an article that came out shortly after tebow busted out about how the system urban meyer ran a system that was essentially a one read system and basically stone walled his development.

IamDanGill on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by danielleighgill View Post
    There was an article that came out shortly after tebow busted out about how the system urban meyer ran a system that was essentially a one read system and basically stone walled his development.
    But doesn't Urb still use that style? I'm not sure if a coach's preferred system necessarily makes the QB low IQ, I swear he was the Utah coach when they had Alex Smith too, and now he's got multiple QBs at OSU with pro "potential" because they run that same junk.

I'm derailing, sorry , just got caught up in the Meyer tangent for a minute and simple semantics

But doesn't Urb still use that style? I'm not sure if a coach's preferred system necessarily makes the QB low IQ, I swear he was the Utah coach when they had Alex Smith too, and now he's got multiple QBs at OSU with pro "potential" because they run that same junk.

I'm derailing, sorry , just got caught up in the Meyer tangent for a minute and simple semantics
    He used a different system with tebow than smith because of tebows ability to run between the tackles.

IamDanGill on twitter.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Da da dumm!
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

A travesty? lol please. We were the only team who was even interested in him 2 years ago. If we fire him, no one will hire him as head coach. Its not a travesty for Quinn to get rid of a guy that no one else wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Strive! Great to see you back bud!
    Hey Lffs How ya been?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast