Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 251

Thread: GM - Bob Quinn

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    22,669
    Perfect, hire this figurehead and let my hero Sheldon make all the moves behind the scenes

  2. #32
    Aust's Avatar
    Aust is online now BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    29,011
    He, Caserio and Lombardi are big reasons why our drafting, UDFA and FA moves have been really good in recent years. We signed Caserio, our assistant GM, long term so Quinn, who rose through the organization over time via hard work, went as high as he could role-wise. Makes sense to move on to bigger opportunities elsewhere.
    I already wanted to see you guys do well the past few seasons, now I'm definitely rootin for ya.


    sig bet 7/2/18 - 8/2/18


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,850
    Is this the first time the Lions have ever hired an outside individual from another team....like ever? Like seriously, way back to the 50s?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    2,245
    I like this hire but if I'm the Gm I want my own coach. I like Caldwell but I doubt he stays.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    He, Caserio and Lombardi are big reasons why our drafting, UDFA and FA moves have been really good in recent years. We signed Caserio, our assistant GM, long term so Quinn, who rose through the organization over time via hard work, went as high as he could role-wise. Makes sense to move on to bigger opportunities elsewhere.
    I already wanted to see you guys do well the past few seasons, now I'm definitely rootin for ya.
    BB, Caserio and Quinn are the reasons why the Patriots have had the best FO in professional sports. I'm glad we got Quinn from you guys, he is going to do very well here. He will bring in some smart football players and our mistakes should be cut down drastically.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,815
    Bad move imo last two Patriots FO guys who left are Thomas Dimitroff and Scott Pioli people need to stop looking at this guy was in the Patriots FO hes a great hire no not really there guys in Personal and Coaching wise always do a bad job when they leave New England the fact that we didn't even interview the guy from SEA makes me feel like we aren't doing are job of fully looking into every candidate maybe this guy proves me wrong but in most cases once people leave NE they just aren't very good
    Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    31,223
    look at it this way.... Two negatives is a positive. Every FO from NE fails, Detroit Lions as an organization is a giant fail. Fail + fail = multiple super Bowls!
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

    click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,276
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    I like this hire but if I'm the Gm I want my own coach. I like Caldwell but I doubt he stays.
    Tbh, if I'm the GM I hope the owner likes the coach in place (and they do). Give him a year and if he bombs, you get a fresh start essentially. Get to pick "your" guy.

    Considering a lot of the scouts and such are under contract through the draft, most of the FO may be there anyway, might not get a good look at Quinn's FO detailing until 2017.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,276
    Also, I'm not that worried about the Pats tree being mostly failures.

    Every candidate that didn't come with experience from GM is a wild card. Every single one, going from a position like director of pro personnel to GM is like going from OC/DC to HC, many more responsibilities, may actually be better at the lesser position but may not know until you get there.

    Even the guy many wanted from Seattle, works under a coach that has personnel control, not unlike Quinn W/ Belichick. So how much of Seattle's success can we attribute to him? We don't know, perhaps the same as we can to Quinn. We have no clue.

    Regardless of all the arguments to be had, just happy they got somebody who actually fits the bill. Might fail like most GM hires do, but at least they started off with a legit guy and not a Millen or a holdover like Mayhew/Lewand.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    look at it this way.... Two negatives is a positive. Every FO from NE fails, Detroit Lions as an organization is a giant fail. Fail + fail = multiple super Bowls!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    15,370
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    What does the tweet say? phone doesn't like the tweets
    We never interviewed Trent Kirchner from Seattle even though the Lions were granted permission to interview him...


    There is a lot of stuff flying around Twitter another thing going around the rumor mill is that Mike O'Hara talked to a Pats insider that said Quinn is likely to keep Caldwell.


    👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Zspooner View Post
    Tbh, if I'm the GM I hope the owner likes the coach in place (and they do). Give him a year and if he bombs, you get a fresh start essentially. Get to pick "your" guy.

    Considering a lot of the scouts and such are under contract through the draft, most of the FO may be there anyway, might not get a good look at Quinn's FO detailing until 2017.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zspooner View Post
    Also, I'm not that worried about the Pats tree being mostly failures.

    Every candidate that didn't come with experience from GM is a wild card. Every single one, going from a position like director of pro personnel to GM is like going from OC/DC to HC, many more responsibilities, may actually be better at the lesser position but may not know until you get there.

    Even the guy many wanted from Seattle, works under a coach that has personnel control, not unlike Quinn W/ Belichick. So how much of Seattle's success can we attribute to him? We don't know, perhaps the same as we can to Quinn. We have no clue.

    Regardless of all the arguments to be had, just happy they got somebody who actually fits the bill. Might fail like most GM hires do, but at least they started off with a legit guy and not a Millen or a holdover like Mayhew/Lewand.
    Two great posts! Agree completely!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,499
    Wish I could find more on Quinn other than the "worked his way up the ladder in NE" angle. Though he's been in the league for some time, it seems that he's been fairly anonymous to everyone outside of the Patriots organization.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    15,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    Wish I could find more on Quinn other than the "worked his way up the ladder in NE" angle. Though he's been in the league for some time, it seems that he's been fairly anonymous to everyone outside of the Patriots organization.
    I know right, hell even the picture of him all over the internet is 10yrs old
    But that's the NE way, unknown & mysterious...look at their DC Matt Patrica, he came out of nowhere basically.


    👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,499
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I know right, hell even the picture of him all over the internet is 10yrs old
    But that's the NE way, unknown & mysterious...look at their DC Matt Patrica, he came out of nowhere basically.
    Speaking of that old pic of him that's been circulating everywhere, it looks like he's wearing a Tigers jersey in that shot. He's clearly a natural for the job.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •