Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Not true. While it does have a genetic component to it... even the ancient Jews proselytized. And it is completely possible to convert Judaism. The daughter of the President is a recent convert.
    I know it is possible through marriage and in other limited circumstances and I know that at times in history Jews have been welcome to converts and proselytizing but we're not in that time now and the marriage converts are done mainly for procreation. I also know that the lineal component has come under scrutiny in recent times and many Jewish thinkers believe more in some sort of shared experience - hence probably why proselytizing and converts seem infrequent today.

Atheism=Satanism?

I agree that they don't proselytize much... but I think you are understating the amount to which they actually do it.

It is very easy to become a Jewish convert. And not only thru marriage.

"Wait till Next Year"
    Just Took on a Whole New Meaning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Once again there is no probability equation in existence that says sentient life exists outside of earth. If you think you have one then by all means post it here after you claim your Nobel prize. If you believe sentient life does exist outside of earth (as I do) then it is a matter of faith.
    Well, if we can see what conditions on earth gave rise to life, can we not assume other planets with our same conditions (water, sun, atmosphere, etc) then have a chance to giving rise to life also, creating some sort of probability equation, no matter how minute?

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Not true. While it does have a genetic component to it... even the ancient Jews proselytized. And it is completely possible to convert Judaism. The daughter of the President is a recent convert.
    Depends on the type of jewish congregation.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Depends on the type of jewish congregation.
    True. But if we look to the oldest Jewish practices, it was a widely accepted practice.

"Wait till Next Year"
    Just Took on a Whole New Meaning!!!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718