Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

UPDATE: Ken Giles Traded to Astros

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/1...es-astros.html

Astros receive: Ken Giles & Jonathan Arauz

Phillies receive: Vincent Velasquez, Brett Oberholtzer, Thomas Eshelman, Mark Appel, and Harold Arauz.

Wow...didn't see this update coming.
    Last edited by Synyster89; 12-12-2015 at 02:27 PM.
    Proud Temple University Alum
    Eagles: Carson Wentz
    Phillies: Mickey Moniack
    76ers: Ben Simmons
    Flyers: Travis Konecny
    Temple Football: Anthony Russo
    Temple Basketball: Obi Enechionyia

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

I saw this and thought it was bogus at first. This went from a good trade to a great one for me.

Appel makes this better even though I did like the idea of Fisher.

You could have a rotation of Appel, Velasquez, Nola, and Thompson as soon as 2017, maybe even the end of 2016.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

It's funny how much everyone is overreacting to this swap of Appel/Fisher. Not really a big shift in value - if any!
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    It's funny how much everyone is overreacting to this swap of Appel/Fisher. Not really a big shift in value - if any!
    Well considering Appel was just taken #1 overall two years ago I can understand why people are excited about it. He may not have lived up to his potential yet but it wouldn't be the first time a player went to a new team and put it together.

I love it, I'll take Appel over Fisher every day.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

It's a good trade regardless though the switch from Fisher to Appel is negligible if any difference at all. Hopefully Appel will benefit from a change of scenery and begin to flash even half of his potential. Going to miss Giles though as they could have had a good-great closer cost controlled for 5 years, but doesn't matter if you don't fix the rotation. Going to be interesting to see how they fix the bullpen now as it is a complete mess.

Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    While the overreaction comes from Appel having the much stronger name recognition, I also think he is still the superior prospect at this point too. Appel always seemed doomed to not reach his potential in Houston, given the negatively surrounding that situation. Hopefully with the change of scenario, Appel can turn into a solid rotation piece for us because the stuff is still there. Also, I didn't like including Jonathan Arauz in the deal. I was excited to see what his second season as a pro brought...I think he has legit upside.
    Proud Temple University Alum
    Eagles: Carson Wentz
    Phillies: Mickey Moniack
    76ers: Ben Simmons
    Flyers: Travis Konecny
    Temple Football: Anthony Russo
    Temple Basketball: Obi Enechionyia

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

The BA guys really like Arauz. They think he's Jose Guillen. Also saw him compared to Galvis with a better bat. I always take comparisons to guys within the same system with a grain of salt. There's something suspiciously coincidental about that...
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam