Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the NFL

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Rams release Chris Long, James Laurinaitis and Jared Cook
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    All this Peyton Manning stuff is pretty awful. I feel bad for that woman having to go up against a powerful University and family with connections and influence.

The double standard media and public perception is pretty laughable. Attack the journalists instead of reading the articles and look for any reason to doubt this. If it were Brady, he would be crucified right now.
    If it were Brady or Cam Newton it would be a non-stop fireworks display on the mothership and other MSM sporting outlets and yes, they would have been crucified! But thank god it was just the chosen one, now we can just say the story has no merit, the journalists aren't credible, and we can sweep this story under the rug!

Rams release Chris Long, James Laurinaitis and Jared Cook
    Long and Laurinaitis come on to the dark side and win some rings. With team friendly deals of course.

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Long and Laurinaitis come on to the dark side and win some rings. With team friendly deals of course.
    If you want Long does that mean you would want to trade Jones? We would be logjammed there if we didn't. What about Cook catching passes from Tom?
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

I do like cook.

Last edited by Aust; 02-21-2016 at 01:31 AM. Reason: rude

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Lol. "Rude". Really?!? Reality is rude but realistic.

Mouth open.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

If you want Long does that mean you would want to trade Jones? We would be logjammed there if we didn't. What about Cook catching passes from Tom?
    I'm very open to trading Jones. I just don't think we can sign Hightower, Collins, Jones and Butler over the next 2 years to long term deals. I think one has to go and of them, it has to be Jones. He's the easiest to replace. Long would be a great veteran addition to this team, even though he's not the player he once was...I think backing up Sheard and Nink would be a great role for him to play.

I'll pass on Cook. Never liked him much. Overrated, Was over paid. Never did much. He's a freak athlete but I question his intelligence/football IQ and he's just not the type of player BB usually employs. Hard pass.

City of Champions

Loyko threw around the idea of CLE RT Mitchell Schwartz the other day. Kind of like the idea. He's 26. We'd have to cut Vollmer and Cannon. I think Vollmer is still good but he's near the end. Stewartz would be a long-term solution at RT but fit into roughly the same salary slot for this year.
    Last edited by hugepatsfan; 02-21-2016 at 12:55 PM.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Manning retired. I wonder if another team would have been interested if he wanted to play more.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Martavis Bryant suspended for the year. Helps us as we play Pitt. An AFC contender gets weaker.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Manning retired. I wonder if another team would have been interested if he wanted to play more.
    I'm more interested in following the rumor mill if a competing team loses a QB due to injury. My guess is that he definitely stays on the sidelines but what if a team is competing for a high seed, looks like they have their division won, possible super bowl team, but their QB goes down with injury... would he come out of retirement to compete? I would definitely say the answer to that is 'no' but what if that team was the broncos or the colts? That's where I think it would get interesting because if he were to come out of retirement, I would guess it would be to play for only those two teams in a injury situation (which would make it more probable to be the Colts than the Broncos).

Along with Bryant, Ravens release Will Hill who has been suspended for 10 games. Competition getting weaker.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

D'Brickashaw Ferguson retires. Gives the Jets who have basically no cap space some breathing room, but creates a hole. Glad we won't have to deal with him. Hopefully we can take advantage of whoever replaces him.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

The Titans made out well in this trade...

Rams receive: No. 1 pick, a fourth- and sixth-rounder.

Titans: No. 15 pick; two seconds, a third and a first and third in 2017

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast