Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the NFL

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Fred Kirsch ‏@Fred_Kirsch Nov 8

Aaron Rodgers 0-9 in his last 9 games on the road against winning teams. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    How the F is a team with Rodgers at QB 0-25 when they go down by 2 or more scores at any time in the 2nd half? Doesn't even make sense.
    This is absolutely freaking mindblowing

sig bet 7/2/18 - 8/2/18

Via PFT:

The running back-needy 49ers have 13 days until their next game, and they spent part of the Monday of the bye week kicking tires on another running back.

Per a league source, the 49ers gave Travaris Cadet a tryout on Monday — the same day Cadet was widely linked to the Patriots, given the injury to running back Dion Lewis.

Cadet spent time with the Patriots this year, before being released in late September. So he knows the system and could fit right back in, if the Pats decide to sign him.

If they’re going to make that decision, they may need to do so quickly. If the 49ers liked what they saw, they could make Cadet the rest-of-season replacement for Reggie Bush.

Undrafted in 2012 from Appalachian State, Cadet spent three years with the Saints.

Yeah, that would kind of be a bummer. Cadet was doing well, seems to be healthy now and he knows the offense. Pats need a RB with only 3 on the 53 now. He'd be the easiest to come in and help out minus his blocking skills or lack there of.

He growls as he storms the country,
    A villain big and bold.
    And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
    As he robs them of their gold.

Jason McCourty to IR, going to have groin surgery. Wasn't healthy enough to be traded, glad we didn't pull that trigger.

sig bet 7/2/18 - 8/2/18

Well Primetime Bengals showed up tonight.

He growls as he storms the country,
    A villain big and bold.
    And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
    As he robs them of their gold.

#1 seed fellas, thank you ex-Pats

sig bet 7/2/18 - 8/2/18

Yeah, every coach is going to look at Houstons game plan on D, and the Bengals are going into the fetal position. Who is there to battle in the AFC playoffs? Big Ben? Denver?

Methinks Pats play on the last day of the season.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Aldon Smith, suspended for a year. Dang. Wonder if that means anything for Sheldon Richardson.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Jets waived former former first-round pick OLB Quinton Coples, whom they once drafted ahead of Chandler Jones.
    PatriotsSB50 ‏@PatriotsSB49 1h

Jets sent 15 staff members to SU to workout Chandler Jones. Rex told him face-to-face he was their pick. Family wasn't happy on draft day.
    Thanks NYJ

sig bet 7/2/18 - 8/2/18

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Thanks NYJ
    Any chance we sign Coples? Was he just that bad of a bust, ala Vernon Gholston? Does he fit our scheme?

Comp picks can be traded in 2017...

Tyrann Mathieu torn ACL this late in the year. Huge blow to a good Cardinals team.

Quote Originally Posted by sdceltsfan View Post
    Any chance we sign Coples? Was he just that bad of a bust, ala Vernon Gholston? Does he fit our scheme?
    Dolphins claimed him ahead of us. We didn't have much roster room anyways.

sig bet 7/2/18 - 8/2/18

Eagles fire Kelly. A bit surprising.

If McDaniels leaves this offseason and Kelly doesn't take another HC gig, would any of you want him as our OC?

sig bet 7/2/18 - 8/2/18

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Eagles fire Kelly. A bit surprising.

If McDaniels leaves this offseason and Kelly doesn't take another HC gig, would any of you want him as our OC?
    No. Maybe similar principals (one word play calling, pace, etc) but different philosophies.

Quote Originally Posted by a4anthony View Post
    No. Maybe similar principals (one word play calling, pace, etc) but different philosophies.
    I think that I would mostly agree with this for two reasons. First, from what I have always heard about Kelly and his system is that he is fairly strict with which players fit his scheme, he is high on players measurables rather than their immeasurables. Meaning, he wants his players (WRs for example) to be of a certain height, weight, and speed, and he doesn't put as much credit on their personalities, football IQ, and chemistry. That type of thinking wouldn't produce players like Welker, Amendola, woodhead, etc. Second, Kelly is too high on using a hybrid offense centered around a mobile QB... which as we all know, Tom Brady is not!

I think that Kelly will likely look for a HC job elsewhere in the NFL with a more mobile QB (TENNESSEE) or go back to the NCAA for another HC job at a high profile school. The only way that I can see him coming to NE is if BB decides to hire him as a consultant like he did with Mike Lombardi. That's just my opinion of what I see happening anyway.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast