Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the NFL

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!

Arrow Around the NFL

News and discussion regarding the 31 other teams. For Patriot talk, use a different thread.

(2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

With Cameron Wake tearing his achilles and being done for the year, Thursday may have been his final game as a Phin. He'll be 34 1/2 by next season and is due 9.8m with only 1.4m dead money for being released. Tannehill and Suh are taking up such a fat portion of their cap, it might be a necessary option.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Deep Threat ‏@DeeepThreat 8h

NFL's Worst Passer Ratings (150 atts)
    Peyton Manning 72.5
    Andrew Luck 76.3
    Sam Bradford 76.3
    Cam Newton 78.4
    Nick Foles 78.8
    Joe Flacco 80.1
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Wow Manning and luck with the worst passer ratings in the league. They are both being asked to do a lot for their teams though, especially Luck, Manning at least has a defense to fall back on.

Is this PM's last year in the NFL? Seems like retirement is creeping up on him fast;(er) than Brady for sure.

As far as the Brady/Manning debate/rivalry goes its getting more and more one sided as each season passes.

Raiders are whooping the Jets. Awesome.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Such ****** news with Steve Smith. Tough old bastard. Bunch of injuries this week too.

Lol @ Jets.

That NO/NYG game was absolutely bananas.

He growls as he storms the country,
    A villain big and bold.
    And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
    As he robs them of their gold.

Joe Thomas doesn’t want to be traded

Amid reports indicating that the Browns are considering trading for veteran left tackle Joe Thomas, veteran left tackle Joe Thomas has spoken in unequivocal terms.

He doesn’t want to be traded.

“I’m not a quitter,” Thomas said after Sunday’s loss to the Cardinals, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I’m not a guy that gives up on my goals and my goal from day one was to be part of the turnaround here and that hasn’t changed. . . .

“The reality of it is we’re right now a 2-6 team and the trade deadline is coming up. If you’re a team that doesn’t have a winning record I imagine it happens all the time where teams will call up your team and find out if you’re available for a trade. It’s happened in the past with me in my career. But it’s out of my control. I want to be here. I want to finish my career here. I want to be part of the turnaround here. That’s the way it is sometimes, you’ve got to control the things you can control.”

The Browns control Thomas through 2018, and they’d take no cap charge by trading him. One high-level source with neither the Browns or Patriots guessed that Thomas could be sent to New England, but that was an uninformed dart throw, not a statement reflecting any inside information.

The Patriots have lost left tackle Nate Solder for the season. Thomas would cost $9.3 million in 2016, $9.8 million in 2017, and $9.8 million in 2018.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-be-traded/

Name dropping us, wtf? Anyways, what a class act. Really respect a guy for feeling that way.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Broncos have Vernon Davis...

Patriots have Gronk...Pats beat Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by TKO:30476512
    Broncos have Vernon Davis...

Patriots have Gronk...Pats beat Broncos.
    That's a huge pick up for them though. People think he's fallen off a bit but he's used in protection so much more than as a receiver now.

Colts lose again bahaha, 3-5 with Denver coming to town. Then @ATL. They could be 3-7 in a few weeks
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Quote Originally Posted by SoxPatsCeltsBs View Post
    That's a huge pick up for them though. People think he's fallen off a bit but he's used in protection so much more than as a receiver now.
    He's not what he used to be, but he's not as bad as people say he is. He was playing in a terrible offense. I do expect he will be better with Denver but he won't be what Julius Thomas was. Definitely a good pick up for Denver though on the cheap. Solid move.

I must say, this coupled with Denver destroying GB has made them much better in my eyes. I fell victim to writing them off earlier in this season with their offensive troubles and Peyton looking like crap. I still want to see how Peyton holds up over the course of the season. But that defense is more than legit. They're better than Seattle's defense of the past 2 seasons.

City of Champions

Colts fire their OC. Remember when this dude was the hot HC candidate name over the past few seasons?

Makes me appreciate our organization for being so stable and not a dysfunctional mess.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Colts fire their OC. Remember when this dude was the hot HC candidate name over the past few seasons?

Makes me appreciate our organization for being so stable and not a dysfunctional mess.

Looks like the Pre-season MVP is turning into a coach-killer...Pagano will be gone along with their GM Grigson.

Greg Hardy... oof
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Pretty funny how Denver loses after talking about their D as having no weaknesses. Colts dropped 30.

https://twitter.com/barleyhop/status/663514666996473856
    Wow... Von Miller is such a dirty POS

Disappointed in Talib for that dirty eye poke too smh
    https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/663516350992642049
    Last edited by Aust; 11-08-2015 at 10:14 PM.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast