5 14.71%

0 0%

1 2.94%

0 0%

0 0%

1 2.94%
Page 72 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1466
    Bird is money. Sanchez is money. Gleyber is money. Clint is trade bait, we need pitching. Horses. Leo agrees.

Rising pitching prospect is now making Yankees notice him
    By Dan Martin March 13, 2017 | 10:14pm

TAMPA — Luis Severino raced through the Yankees farm system, going from Class A to the majors in 2015.

Jordan Montgomery’s rise has not been as swift, but if Severino falters again, as he did last year, the 6-foot-6 right-hander could end up in The Bronx at some point this season.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/13/rising-..._share=twitter
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Rising pitching prospect is now making Yankees notice him
    By Dan Martin March 13, 2017 | 10:14pm

TAMPA — Luis Severino raced through the Yankees farm system, going from Class A to the majors in 2015.

Jordan Montgomery’s rise has not been as swift, but if Severino falters again, as he did last year, the 6-foot-6 right-hander could end up in The Bronx at some point this season.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/13/rising-..._share=twitter
    Dear Dan, Montgomery is a lefty. lol I had to go check because I thought maybe I had been wrong the last year, thinking he was left handed. But the picture is pretty clear.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Montgomery is a lefty

Today's Yankees MiLB Spring Training Lineups and Substitutions
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/today...itutions-19723

Also check out video from yesterday minor league spring training games
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/category/photos/video

Quote Originally Posted by rpimpsner View Post
    Today's Yankees MiLB Spring Training Lineups and Substitutions
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/today...itutions-19723

Also check out video from yesterday minor league spring training games
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/category/photos/video
    I didn't realize they sent Mateo to high A? That must have been a shock to him

River Ave. Blues‏ @RiverAveBlues 28m28 minutes ago

Denbo confirms Jorge Mateo will begin playing center field this season http://rab.me/2miw9Hi
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Bird is money. Sanchez is money. Gleyber is money. Clint is trade bait, we need pitching. Horses. Leo agrees.
    I like Clint. I think we should trade Judge, he's going to be a bust. I agree with you on Bird, Sanchez, and Gleyber. We should use Judge, Severino, some of out other lower prospects to trade for a young quality starting pitcher.

Today's MiLB Spring Training Lineups and Substitutions
    http://pinstripedprospects.com/today...itutions-19771

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    River Ave. Blues‏ @RiverAveBlues 28m28 minutes ago

Denbo confirms Jorge Mateo will begin playing center field this season http://rab.me/2miw9Hi
    I love what they are are doing with him. If he can play CF it gives him the chance to be a super utility player for the Yankees and it increases his market value. I really like how the Yankees are handling their farm.

If Wade can continue from his very solid, spring, he is a legit player. I also thought he was much older for some reason. I didn't realize he was only 22!

Torres, Frazier, Mckinney, Andjuar and Higi looked very good. I was very surprised at McKinney and moderately so at Higi and Nadjuar. I hoped Andjuar would look that good but I thought he'd need another year. to have that type of spring. I had heard guys talking about Higi but he really showed up this spring and may push Romine for the backup job if he falters.
    Even Fowler looked solid.
    ST is essentially AAAA. There is always the potential the guys who did well could fall short in the majors but it is really encouraging to see 6 position players be very successful.

Montgomery, Green, Mitchell, Warren and Sevy are all in the mix. I sadly think Sevy should start in the pen or in AAA. He still looks to be too inconsistent.
    If it were up to me, I would roll out Tank-Pineda-CC-Green-Montgomery
    And the pen would be Warren, Mitchell, Grahm, Dellin, Layne, CLippard and Chappy. I may use Neise, who had a better than I thought spring, instead of Grahm to add third lefty.

The kids have been awesome so far, the blue chips have done what we have hoped they would do and quite a few of our systems 2nd tier guys have really impressed. We ve heard all winter how deep and talented our system is but its really showing up this spring. They have done a hell of a job acquiring alot of very talented kids,, the only concern is that because we are so deep some very talented kids won't get a look, especially with the 40 man crunch that is coming this winter.
    I really hope that Montgomery gets a chance to win a rotation spot, hes never gonna be an ace but i think hes going to be a very effective mid rotation starter. Being LHed with plus command and control over 5 pitches helps alot.

I have been saying this for a long time but imo the best thing they could do for Sevy if the want him to stay a Starter is put him in AAA. I think if they taught him a 2 seam it would really help his effectiveness. I would also have him tonker with his grip on his CU as well. He throws a straight change now but he throws it at 89-91 which is more like a below average fb instead of a change. If he could learn to throw a circle change in the mid 80s imo his CU could be alot more effective.

I love what they are doing with Wade and Mateo

While I am absolutely loving the production from the kids this Spring, I am already concerned with a few.

Refsynder looks like a bust to me, Mateo's speed is not translating to anything much, and I get the feeling that Judge is not going to make the transition to the Majors very smoothly.

McKinney and Higashioka have been pleasant surprises while Sanchez, Bird, and Torres look like the real deal.

As usual…we need pitching. And a lot of it.

Not seeing much help their for a while.
    We’re pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isn’t about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The “Holy Trinity” of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    While I am absolutely loving the production from the kids this Spring, I am already concerned with a few.

Refsynder looks like a bust to me, Mateo's speed is not translating to anything much, and I get the feeling that Judge is not going to make the transition to the Majors very smoothly.

McKinney and Higashioka have been pleasant surprises while Sanchez, Bird, and Torres look like the real deal.

As usual…we need pitching. And a lot of it.

Not seeing much help their for a while.
    Not everyone is going to work out obviously. Ref was always incredibly overrated to begin with based on his minor league stats.

Page 72 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast