0 0%

0 0%

1 2.94%
Page 71 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1466
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Veteran presence paying dividends?

Jack Curry ‏@JackCurryYES
    I know it's BP, but Holliday just hit an absolute bomb of a HR off the Stadium scoreboard. More importantly, he's giving advice to Judge.

Jack Curry @JackCurryYES
    Judge listened to Holliday's advice. Blasted a shot high off the black screen behind CF.
    sweet only a few more days

Fri., Feb. 24th 1:05pm vs. Phillies YES, MLB.tv
    Sat., Feb. 25th 1:05pm @ Phillies MLB.tv
    Sun., Feb 26th 1:05pm vs. Blue Jays YES, MLB.tv
    Last edited by pinstripezac; 02-21-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Our friends at Pinstriped Prospects have released their top 50 list.

2017 New York Yankees Top 50 Prospects
    By Pinstriped Prospects Staff

http://pinstripedprospects.com/2017-...rospects-18962
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Our friends at Pinstriped Prospects have released their top 50 list.

2017 New York Yankees Top 50 Prospects
    By Pinstriped Prospects Staff

http://pinstripedprospects.com/2017-...rospects-18962
    Not bad... i likke it. My only things are, I am a little higher or Folwers, Finley, and Higashigo. I think Demsio Garcia and nolan Martinez can really take a huge leap this season

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Looks like the Yanks found another gem on the IFA market last yr when the biggest bonus they could only offer 300k. Their top signing last yr was RHed pitcher Luis Medina. As a 16 yr old last yr in the DSL he flashed a plus fb in the 91-94 range and a descent feel for his secondary stuff.
    As a 17 yr old this yr he showed up with a big uptick in his FB velo already being clocked throwing 100mph according to BA. He has a very projectable body at 6'1 175 that the Yanks believe he is still growing and filling out and projects to add more velo as he continues to fill out. A 17yr old throwing 100plus mph is pretty special.

I also read that we have been linked to the consensus top player in this yrs IFA class, a 5 tool cfer out of the DR, who is expected to command 2m plus to sign. If they are going to sign this guy, the majority of their IFA money will be spent. That means that if Otani does decide to come over next winter they will only have a minimal amount of money to offer him. The other opinion they have is to use some of their excess talent that will be rule 5 eligable next yr to trade for more bonus pool money.

If they spend all their IFA money on 16 yr olds would effectively eliminate them from being able to sign Otani, which would be a hige mistake on the Yanks part. If they choose to pass on Otani who is ready to contribute at a very high level right away in favor of a couple of 16yr olds who may never turn out to be anything would be a huge mistake imo

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Looks like the Yanks found another gem on the IFA market last yr when the biggest bonus they could only offer 300k. Their top signing last yr was RHed pitcher Luis Medina. As a 16 yr old last yr in the DSL he flashed a plus fb in the 91-94 range and a descent feel for his secondary stuff.
    As a 17 yr old this yr he showed up with a big uptick in his FB velo already being clocked throwing 100mph according to BA. He has a very projectable body at 6'1 175 that the Yanks believe he is still growing and filling out and projects to add more velo as he continues to fill out. A 17yr old throwing 100plus mph is pretty special.

I also read that we have been linked to the consensus top player in this yrs IFA class, a 5 tool cfer out of the DR, who is expected to command 2m plus to sign. If they are going to sign this guy, the majority of their IFA money will be spent. That means that if Otani does decide to come over next winter they will only have a minimal amount of money to offer him. The other opinion they have is to use some of their excess talent that will be rule 5 eligable next yr to trade for more bonus pool money.

If they spend all their IFA money on 16 yr olds would effectively eliminate them from being able to sign Otani, which would be a hige mistake on the Yanks part. If they choose to pass on Otani who is ready to contribute at a very high level right away in favor of a couple of 16yr olds who may never turn out to be anything would be a huge mistake imo
    can you post the link about the gut they're connected to. I can't find anything anywhere for the Yankees on the top international market for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    can you post the link about the gut they're connected to. I can't find anything anywhere for the Yankees on the top international market for this year.
    His name is Everson Periera from Venezuela. Ben Badler was the one who reported it but its behind a pay wall. RAB had a little blurp http://riveraveblues.com/2017/02/the-2017-18-international-free-agent-class-and-the-shohei-otani-question-150047/

Thanks man I appreciate it.

Montgomery looked good for 2 innings. was sitting 90-92, maybe hit 93 a couple times.

Yankees Magazine: Going off Script
    Now entering his 20th season as general manager, Brian Cashman has proven he'll do whatever it takes to try and give Yankees fans the ending they desire
    By Hilary Giorgi / Yankees Magazine | March 1st, 2017

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...icid=163658034
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Five Yankees Prospects You Don’t Know But Should
    ByRobert M. PimpsnerPosted on March 9, 2017

http://pinstripedprospects.com/five-...t-should-19535

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Montgomery looked good for 2 innings. was sitting 90-92, maybe hit 93 a couple times.

Joe G, Rothchild and Cashman really seem to like him alot and seem to be really impressed by him so far this spring. I read an article the other day where Girardi even kinda hinted that if he continued to pitch well this spring he had an outside shot at a rotation spot out of STing. I've read multiple reports that say he pitches and acts like a far more experienced and veteran pitcher. It definitely sounded like he would get a shot at the rotation at some point this yr if continued to pitch well.

The more i see and read about this kid the more i think he could have a very good shot at being a nice mid to back end starter for us and being a lefty certainly doesn't hurt his chances. If he can get his FB back up to 93-95 he really could be a nice little rotation piece for us going forward. His scouting report sure sounds like a young version of Pettitte that throws a little harder. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he does the rest of STing and this yr.

Bird, though not really a prospect, just keeps mashing extra base hits.

seems like all the kids are hitting well.

Torres just went yard, oppo. Off Justin Wilson.
    Last edited by NJBASEBALL22; 03-11-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Bird, though not really a prospect, just keeps mashing extra base hits.
    Yes, sweet swing. Seems to be on every pitch. Rarely looks fooled. Great hand- eye and a smooth sweet stroke.

Page 71 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast