Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

Marlies beat down Albany today. Travis Dermott looked good yesterday and today.

Marlies Acquire Alex Gudbranson (brother of Erik, 22 year old Right shot) on loan from the Iowa Wild... Could just be because he's better than Corrin/Wrenn but with Valiev and Loov still out, probably not much time for him to get in here.

Could something be brewing with Minnesota for us to do them this favour?
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

hmmm very interesting. He was in the ECHL the past two years so i don't think the Wild are high on him but i think there is a link like you suggested. He's not a high profile guy so he won't be a target for a trade but maybe the Leafs were look at their NHL/AHL roster for a bigger deal and the Marlies happened to need a fill-in while the search was in progress.

Minny is in a tough spot being #1 in the NHL and having so many D-men eligible for the expansion draft. My guess is they move Scandella, who would be add what we lack: size and defensive ability. The issue is, Minny will lose a D regardless and the hope is they lose Scandella over Dumba. Dumba is better and cheaper next year but his contract is shorter. So you take Dumba and get the better player but he will be looking for his big contract after his big contract year. Compare that with Scandella, who is locked in at $4 million for 4 years. Reasonable price for a guy who can play 20 minutes and is only 26 years old. Either or, they will lose 20 minutes from their lineup and the guy who doesn't get picked will step into that role. This probably means the Leafs aren't offering enough to make Minny disregard the risk if they made an offer at all.

Scandella's contract was backloaded ($4.75 million in his final year) so for their 4/5/6 guy it's a little expensive. I suspect that when Brodin is back on the ice, Scandella talks will resume again. Scandella fits our team the best despite not being a RHD

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    hmmm very interesting. He was in the ECHL the past two years so i don't think the Wild are high on him but i think there is a link like you suggested. He's not a high profile guy so he won't be a target for a trade but maybe the Leafs were look at their NHL/AHL roster for a bigger deal and the Marlies happened to need a fill-in while the search was in progress.

Minny is in a tough spot being #1 in the NHL and having so many D-men eligible for the expansion draft. My guess is they move Scandella, who would be add what we lack: size and defensive ability. The issue is, Minny will lose a D regardless and the hope is they lose Scandella over Dumba. Dumba is better and cheaper next year but his contract is shorter. So you take Dumba and get the better player but he will be looking for his big contract after his big contract year. Compare that with Scandella, who is locked in at $4 million for 4 years. Reasonable price for a guy who can play 20 minutes and is only 26 years old. Either or, they will lose 20 minutes from their lineup and the guy who doesn't get picked will step into that role. This probably means the Leafs aren't offering enough to make Minny disregard the risk if they made an offer at all.

Scandella's contract was backloaded ($4.75 million in his final year) so for their 4/5/6 guy it's a little expensive. I suspect that when Brodin is back on the ice, Scandella talks will resume again. Scandella fits our team the best despite not being a RHD
    I would like Scandella, but I think Minnesota said earlier that they were planning on keeping all 8 of their D to protect themselves more depth wise for the expansion draft. I think they go for it but I think prospects and picks is the route they take and then take their chances in the expansion draft since they're pretty much guaranteed to lose a good player regardless of what they do.

Hopefully this good will now results in Eriksson Ek coming our way by the deadline lol
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

Leafs are rumoured to be in the hunt for RW Zach MacEwan of the QMJHL. Big RW that is 21st in scoring and went undrafted 2 years ago. Vancouver, Ottawa and Montreal are all said to be interested according to Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Leafs are rumoured to be in the hunt for RW Zach MacEwan of the QMJHL. Big RW that is 21st in scoring and went undrafted 2 years ago. Vancouver, Ottawa and Montreal are all said to be interested according to Friedman
    He's okay I guess but we're already at 49 contracts. I'd rather get Bracco signed to a deal as soon as possible and then bring in Dzierkals,Korostelev, Desrocher on PTO's with the Marlies and ELC's starting next year once their seasons end.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

We have some contracts coming off the books next year though. Can't we just sign those elc's after the greening and liach's come off the books?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    We have some contracts coming off the books next year though. Can't we just sign those elc's after the greening and liach's come off the books?
    Not those guys. You have 2 years to sign them. Desrocher was a 2nd year draft guy so almost no chance he does this but the other 3 guys could potentially re-enter the draft this year if we don't sign them.

Bracco will for sure i think if we don't offer him and ELC outright. The other 2 would probably accept PTOs with the Marlies and then sign an ELC for next year but even then its risky.

Brutal. So who is the dead weight in the AHL they can cut?

Brutal. So who is the dead weight in the AHL they can cut?
    Not much, Loov, Campbell and Froese do nothing for us long term but thats pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Not much, Loov, Campbell and Froese do nothing for us long term but thats pretty much it.
    off with their heads!

off with their heads!
    Only problem is that they're really helping the Marlies get back into contention lol Froese has 20 goals and is like 60% on the draws or something and Campbell has been real steady on the back end.

Something brewing? Campbell, Froese, and Gauthier out of the Marlies lineup today. Doubt they would sit unless there was something going on. Kalinin not there yet and Leipsic,Kapanen,Lindberg,Valiev already out with injuries.
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

Another possible contract dump? similar to Biggs and co. to NYI for Grabner? That could be necessary if we make a big trade before the deadline

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast