Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    We can agree to disagree in the quality of his last couple opponents, what I saw was a fighter making a name for himself, being "bad" for taunting fighters that shouldn't of been in the ring with him. Diaz/Molina were not even top 10 in their division, fighting a guy whose top 10 p4p.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 05-30-2017 at 07:33 PM.

If you don't think those 2 were top 10 in the division, there's no point in discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    If you don't think those 2 were top 10 in the division, there's no point in discussing.
    They're not, Diaz is known for his amateur career in the Olympics, recently lost to Lamont Peterson
    Molina Jr. was 5-5 in his last 10 fighters before Crawford.

https://www.ringtv.com/ratings/?weightclass=280

Diaz was a controversial loss against Peterson. You probably didn't even watch the fight. John Molina (while I don't think was top 10, beat Ruslan Provo who was in the top 10. That moved him into the top 10 because of that win.

There are plenty of other sites who had Molina and Diaz within the top 10 before they fought Crawford (so not sure why you are showing me a link like 8 months Molina) like ESPN, Boxrec, etc.

You can't just google the first site you see then use that as rankings when there are so many credible ones out there. Diaz has been on plenty of rankings within the top 5 before the fight (including the WBC, the title he was fighting for) and the same for Molina (before their fight).

Diaz was a controversial loss against Peterson. You probably didn't even watch the fight. John Molina (while I don't think was top 10, beat Ruslan Provo who was in the top 10. That moved him into the top 10 because of that win.

There are plenty of other sites who had Molina and Diaz within the top 10 before they fought Crawford (so not sure why you are showing me a link like 8 months Molina) like ESPN, Boxrec, etc.

You can't just google the first site you see then use that as rankings when there are so many credible ones out there. Diaz has been on plenty of rankings within the top 5 before the fight (including the WBC, the title he was fighting for) and the same for Molina (before their fight).
    & ESPN puts a lot into boxing coverage? Give me a break!

L. Peterson with 3 losses of his own and a draw, Provodnikov with 5 losses

where do rank Matthysse? whose beaten L. Peterson,Provodnikov & Molina Jr?
    Last edited by kevin13697; 05-31-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    & ESPN puts a lot into boxing coverage? Give me a break!

L. Peterson with 3 losses of his own and a draw, Provodnikov with 5 losses

where do rank Matthysse? whose beaten L. Peterson,Provodnikov & Molina Jr?
    Of course ESPN has credible boxing content. They have multiple regular contributors on the US, British and Mexican site. Even if you don't like ESPN, that's only 1 site I referenced. My point was to look at more than 1 site. I also keep tabs on other site like Yahoo - Kevin Iole, Steve Bunce on multiple sites (including ESPN), box rec, rankings of the title organizations, etc.

Matthysee loss to Pistol and then didnt fight for well over a year. He came back at WW too in a 10 rounder (on ESPN boxing card). I believe he is talented but as far as I am concerned, there is no reason to rank him at JWW. Not to mention he beat those guys back from 2013-2015.

You looked at 1 ranking and made your decision. I looked at multiple rankings and made a more informed decision. If multiple sites had X or Y fighter in the top 10, then it's probably more credible that he is ranked at a certain range. You should try it, especially since you actually didn't even see the fight you are trying to bash (Peterson vs Diaz).

The assumptions you are makin is comical. I'm referencing a credit source that coincides with the fact that those aren't top 10 fighters in their division. I watched , Molina Jr vs Broner, Diaz vs Crawford, Crawford vs Postol.. They were all on HBO Boxing live.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 05-31-2017 at 09:36 PM.

The assumptions you are makin is comical. I'm referencing a credit source that coincides with the fact that those aren't top 10 fighters in their division. I watched , Molina Jr vs Broner, Diaz vs Crawford, Crawford vs Postol.. They were all on HBO Boxing live.
    Yea, because it's so comical to suggest 5 or 10 credible sites is better than 1 credible. These rankings are subjective, which is why you should refer multiple sites. If you did that, you would realize that Diaz is in the top 10 for many of them. Was in the Top 5 for multiple ones (meaning he has a case to be in the top 5).

Ring Magazine is owned by Golden Boy and has been accused of being biased for their own fighters (I don't believe they are biased but it's been mentioned by many). I bet you couldn't even tell me if you've heard of the guy they have in the 9th over P4P ranking. I use Ring Magazine but I'd be foolish to use that and call it a day.

And Crawford-Diaz was your first fight watching Diaz. So I don't get why you'd say "Diaz lost to Peterson" as if that's some sort of validation he isn't top 5 JWW when you didn't even realize Diaz lost a controversial decision. That's like if I said "Bradley beat Manny" so Manny is washed up.

Molina vs Broner was also on PBC, not HBO. If you watched it you would have realized that.

Yea, because it's so comical to suggest 5 or 10 credible sites is better than 1 credible.
    Diaz is not even top 5 on the sites you referenced ESPN: #7 BoxRec: #6

Who has him in top 5?

The rankings are subjective, why is it obscured to considered them out of top 10?
    Last edited by kevin13697; 06-04-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Molina vs Broner was also on PBC, not HBO. If you watched it you would have realized that.
    It was actually on NBCSports

It was actually on NBCSports
    PBC is the name of the series they fight on (I wasn't referring to the network). PBC doesn't show on HBO, meaning it couldn't have been on HBO like you said.

Diaz is not even top 5 on the sites you referenced ESPN: #7 BoxRec: #6

Who has him in top 5?

The rankings are subjective, why is it obscured to considered them out of top 10?
    He was top 5 coming INTO the fight. He's obviously going to go down after losing to Crawford. That's how boxing rankings work. He's obviously not going to keep his spot after losing like that. Even Kovalev went down even though Ward won a controversial decision.

If a site made an assessment that he wasn't top 10, I would disagree with them but if they watched the fighters and knew what they were talking about, that's fine. But that's why I rely on multiple sites. If 1 site doesn't have him top 10 but there are more sites have him top 5-10, then that site is entitled to their opinion but they are in the minority.

What you did is you said he wasn't top 10 despite not watching a single fight of his, referenced his Peterson fight as some sort of justification even though you never saw the fight AND relied on 1 single ranking site to make your assessment, even though you know it's subjective AND that you will no doubt disagree with for another fighter anyway.

So not only did you try to rank a fighter you didn't watch, but you tried to use 1 site AND a controversial loss as "evidence".

referenced his Peterson fight as some sort of justification even though you never saw the fight AND relied on 1 single ranking site to make your assessment
    Also was on NBCSports
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfUo-LcAkBE

Yea, I already said it was on PBC. PBC fights on NBC, CBS,, Fox, Spike, Bounce, ESPN and like a million other networks. I can't keep track of what specific network they fight on, especially when I stream it all anyway. If you watched the fight you would know that.

Either way, what you bolded and what you just posted don't have any correlation. You talked about a fight you didn't watch. It being on NBC doesn't change that.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516